Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FA Agency Day 2 and beyond.

19 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

His talent is elite. If he falls to 26 and is fully cleared by our doctors, I'd take him 9 times out of 10. Most of the time, no one available would be close to matching the need and talent he provides.

If he’s cleared by our docs he’s probably cleared by others and won’t fall to 26

2 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

If he’s cleared by our docs he’s probably cleared by others and won’t fall to 26

Probably not, but it's a higher risk for those other teams to take him then us. We have an extra early 2nd in case of a worst case scenario. The early teams have to worry about missing on a top 10-15 pick now with him and it may deter them away with almost equal talent available. Later teams may pass because they know if they miss, then they don't pick until the late 2nd. We don't have to fear that, we have a pick 7 picks later. The only team I would fear sniping him is the Raiders with their second 1st round pick.

Of course, if it turns out to be nothing, then you will be 100% right.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think we need any starters at cornerback. I think we are solid with Moore, Wilson, and Desir. We could use some debth. I bet that doesn’t mean CB.

I'd definitely like to draft a CB in order to have competition at the position. Being four deep at CB would protect us from injury, keep our players fresh throughout games, and always protects us from poor performance and decline. We have interest in Justin Layne at CB, here's a nice scouting report on him!

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/justin-layne

35 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'd definitely like to draft a CB in order to have competition at the position. Being four deep at CB would protect us from injury, keep our players fresh throughout games, and always protects us from poor performance and decline. We have interest in Justin Layne at CB, here's a nice scouting report on him!

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/justin-layne

Yes. I would have no problem drafting one. I just don’t see ballard making a trade for one with the three we have. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Remember he will give Ballard the chance to match anything.  Safety is starting to worry me. You can’t ignore that he was a captain and leader.

People are underestimating how much he actually did when healthy. Keyword there is healthy though. I think he’s much better than some think. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I hope Ballard has a plan. I don’t like drafting a rookie and putting him in that spot. There isn’t that much out there in FA anymore either. Safety is so important in this defense.

Cowboys would still need to offer a contract, but if they do I would like to think Clayton would give the colts a chance to match, but at the end of the day its a business

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I hope Ballard has a plan. I don’t like drafting a rookie and putting him in that spot. There isn’t that much out there in FA anymore either. Safety is so important in this defense.

Why is a rookie safety a problem? Safeties start as rookies all the time hooker did. just last year Derwin James did it and was great.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hoose said:

The market is pretty barren right now for strong safeties. 

Anyone have an opinion on Tre Boston? 

Looks like he can play both FS and SS. 

Not much more out there beyond this guy. 

Tre Boston?

He's impatient.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

According to this article the colts are still in negotiations with Geathers.

I think the colts want to re-sign him, but they also want him to test the market to see what his value is

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Tre Boston would be a nice replacement but he felt he was disrespected by us last year so signing him would be a real long shot.   I have real mixed feelings on whether to resign Gaethers because of his injury history.  

refresh my memory, what'd we do to him again?