Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FA Agency Day 2 and beyond.

4 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

This is probably why the negotiations are being drawn out so long, he probably wants starting safety money, Ballard knows he is situational and won't give starting money, also probably wants part of his contract to be bonus for staying healthy.

Yeah, I trust Ballard on this one, whatever's going on. It could be a years thing on top of that. I could see Ballard only wanting to hand out a 1 or 2 year deal (that's essentially a 1 year deal). 

I'd think we hear something within the next couple days though, for Geathers sake. Don't think he'd wanna wait much longer to sign somewhere.

24 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

This is the player I was really hoping the Colts would sign if he was ever released.   Still only 29.  Looks like that's not happening now.  Good for him.  I will be curious to see what the Dolphins receive in return if it happens.   

He would be in the way of our cheap young players we would be trying to develop for our future SB runs. A 25 year old ascending player works. Not a 29 year old descending player.

Of course if the injury bug were to be bad, CB would be looking for help. JMO lol

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I like Addeley more than both 

I will watch his tape so that I don't prejudge but two things I don't like just reading his breakdown from Zierlein when it comes to a SS.   Zierlein calls him a "Grab and Drag Tackler"  and "Absorbs more contact than he dishes out as run-support safety". Which is his way of saying Adderley isn't a physical or a sound tackler.   The next thing I don't like is his multiple mentions of him having questionable instincts.  He says "Erratic in recognition and coverage duties as deep safety".  He also starts everything off by saying "Adderley's issues revolve around inconsistencies with recognition and response as a safety, which is why teams might opt to move him back to cornerback".  He sounds like or at least looks like to me upon first glance more of a FS than an in the box  SS.  Or a cornerback like Zierlein mentions.    I won't say much more until I look at his tape because I haven't done that yet. https://www.nfl.com/prospects/nasir-adderley?id=32194144-4417-2048-c82e-d72eac396ce9

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

I will watch his tape so that I don't prejudge but two things I don't like just reading his breakdown from Zierlein when it comes to a SS.   Zierlein calls him a "Grab and Drag Tackler"  and "Absorbs more contact than he dishes out as run-support safety". Which is his way of saying Adderley isn't a physical or a sound tackler.   The next thing I don't like is his multiple mentions of him having questionable instincts.  He says "Erratic in recognition and coverage duties as deep safety".  He also starts everything off by saying "Adderley's issues revolve around inconsistencies with recognition and response as a safety, which is why teams might opt to move him back to cornerback".  He sounds like or at least looks like to me upon first glance more of a FS than an in the box  SS.  Or a cornerback like Zierlein mentions.    I won't say much more until I look at his tape because I haven't done that yet. https://www.nfl.com/prospects/nasir-adderley?id=32194144-4417-2048-c82e-d72eac396ce9

See I read the draft network player profiles and they speak very highly of him as an in the box safety I haven't read the profile on nfl.com yet tho I'll check it out 

4 hours ago, krunk said:

I think I like Chauncey Gardner Johnson over Jonathan Abram if we draft a safety. I think Chauncey is the better athlete and would do better in coverage.

That’s the guy I have my eye on too I like Joe Jackson too surprised views are mixed on him. Have you looked at Decole Hardman? Reminds me of Tyreek Hill man I’d love to have that explosiveness especially on PR’s 

7 minutes ago, akcolt said:

That’s the guy I have my eye on too I like Joe Jackson too surprised views are mixed on him. Have you looked at Decole Hardman? Reminds me of Tyreek Hill man I’d love to have that explosiveness especially on PR’s 

Still getting familiarized.  I been slacking this year.

I've been wondering... what are the local reporters and beat writers good for? How is it possible to not get a single story on the team before the national guys or the team announces it? How can they be this in the dark about what's going on with the team? Does NOONE of them have any insider info... doesn't anyone have personal relationship with any of those players that might give them info? 

We are waiting for the Field Yates and Schefters and Rapoports of the world to tell us who is visiting our facility and where our own FAs are now.. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, stitches said:

I've been wondering... what are the local reporters and beat writers good for?

Hey now, Holder's good for saying he knew/had a scoop about every trade/cut/signing after the fact...lol I actually like Holder's writing though.

But seriously, yeah, doesn't seem like our local guys get a lot of scoops. Don't know why that is really, especially because most of our local guys are really pretty easy on the Colts in the media. Not that that's a bad thing.

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Hey now, Holder's good for saying he knew/had a scoop about every trade/cut/signing after the fact...lol

But seriously, yeah, doesn't seem like our local guys get a lot of scoops. Don't know why that is really, especially because most of our local guys are really pretty easy on the Colts in the media. Not that that's a bad thing.

I guess in a certain sense we should be happy because it shows Ballard is running a tight ship and not much leaks until its done or someone outside of the team leaks it(agents to the national media). 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think the Geathers situation is going to be wrapped up soon.

I don't think Bruce Arians was here when we drafted Geathers, but I'm sure he's gotten on the phone with Chuck Pagano to pick his brain.   Geathers played college football for Univ. of Central Florida also.  I thought he was from Florida but he's actually from South Carolina.  Didn't know that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I suspect we will know in a couple days if he is coming back or going to a new team. I don’t think with his injury issues he is going to get a very good contract. I bet nobody is going to offer him much more then the colts. Then at that point he will just have to decide if he wants to stay here or go somewhere else.

Hopefully he comes back here, but it won't shock me if he signs with Tampa. I dont mind him coming back as long as we draft another young safety too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stitches said:

I've been wondering... what are the local reporters and beat writers good for? How is it possible to not get a single story on the team before the national guys or the team announces it? How can they be this in the dark about what's going on with the team? Does NOONE of them have any insider info... doesn't anyone have personal relationship with any of those players that might give them info? 

We are waiting for the Field Yates and Schefters and Rapoports of the world to tell us who is visiting our facility and where our own FAs are now.. 

My guess is the leaks from within the Colts have stopped completely and what is happening is the agents for these players are leaking to their contacts, IE Rapoport, etc

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Very interesting that Reggie mentions Ty Williams as if we were "in" on Williams and then he didn't fall in where we wanted to pay him.

I wonder if we checked in on Williams first, he priced himself out of our range. We moved on and signed Funchess and then Williams' market never developed and he ended up taking basically close to what Funchess got with us in terms of his one year deal.

I say that only because Williams' contract (no matter what it is reported as) is clearly a 1 year $10M deal w essentially an option for the next year at $11M.

So Reggie's comment does make me wonder if we offered what we did and Williams wanted more and then in the end had to settle for essentially parameters we may have offered.

No way of knowing. For all we know we preferred Funchess. But found that note from Reggie interesting.

3 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I feel like Ballard was equally happy with Funchess or Williams and just wanted whoever would be cheaper lol

You might be right. To me their career stats are pretty equal.  I love the stuff funchess has been posting on twitter. He posted today how blessed he was to be part of this organization. He clearly fits what they are trying to build as far as culture.

• Like 2

I wonder if George Iloka from the Bengals would be a good Veteran substitute for Geathers if we didn't sign him back?  I've always kind of paid attention here or there to him.  He's got really good size at 6'4" and 220lbs.  There's more to it than that but I noticed that he's a free agent.  He's still relatively young at 28 years old.

15 hours ago, stitches said:

They also ask bad questions at pressers, IMO. Holder is the ring leader here, even though he's probably the best writer of them, he asks horrible questions.

17 minutes ago, Superman said:

They also ask bad questions at pressers, IMO. Holder is the ring leader here, even though he's probably the best writer of them, he asks horrible questions.

I honestly have no idea what they teach those people in journalism schools. I cringe everytime they ask something of the sort "how exciting is it to...", I swear it's like they are fishing for soundbites only so they can write their 200 word columns and be done with it. 

and as I'm typing this... here is one that might have some insider info:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Erickson actually seems pretty dialed in, and he's completely new to Indy. 

Yeah... I've noticed him getting some info almost simultaneously with the big fish and now he even beat them to the leak. Good for him and for us as a fanbase. 

And of course, Holder follows with:

I wonder... do you think he has a source or he's just relying that the other guy is correct and want to seem in the know? How many times can he write a variation on the same tweet 5 minutes after someone else breaks the news, without he himself breaking ANYTHING... EVER! 

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

I wonder... do you think he has a source or he's just relying that the other guy is correct and want to seem in the know? How many times can he write a variation on the same tweet 5 minutes after someone else breaks the news, without he himself breaking ANYTHING... EVER! 

Probably the same source, who gave the info to JE, then Holder texted him like 'WTH?', and he confirmed to Holder also... lol

Remember he was sleeping last week when the Desir news broke? 

Just be a columnist, Stephen. You're good at that.

7 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yeah... I've noticed him getting some info almost simultaneously with the big fish and now he even beat them to the leak. Good for him and for us as a fanbase. 

And of course, Holder follows with:

I would like to think the reporters speak with each other and confirm the source