Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Good points, but, I just don't see CB doing it.  Time will tell, eh?
    • Considering that it isn't "everyone", and most don't think he sucks, that he is just average and he can't take us to a SB, so really, why do you think that anyone wouldn't want him to work hard to get better?  I would say that everyone does want him to improve, but many here think he has had enough time to show his stripes and is near his ceiling. If that is true, we are wasting time and need the next man in the house ASAP. Go Jacoby!
    • There are a lot of things to like about Jordan Love - he has good touch and timing with accuracy in the intermediate range, whether in the pocket or on the run. But Jordan Love is more RG3 type to me w.r.t reads and if given a lot of time, will find others, but he isn't Patrick Mahomes. I know RG3 was drafted high but that is the very nature of the QB position, typically over drafted. RG3 did well when he had to make simple reads, it was Garcon or Morris or RG3 running, most of the time in Year 1 but once teams took those initial reads away and he had his injury running around, he couldn't adapt.   Love makes excellent decisions in read option plays and should do well with being coached up in a scheme involving RPOs. However, it will take him a while to get better with read progression, our coaches and staff should decide if they feel he can get better with it if he sat 1 year. I feel the white board talk from coaches and interviews will tell us a lot what he can absorb, and like you, I will support him if the Colts draft him, for certain.   Overall, I just do not think he is worthy of our No.13 pick. I have been wrong before, but I am coming to similar conclusions as you are.
    • With our OL and running game, we are a great landing spot for a young QB. Even a guy that needs time could be pretty successful early. Our scheme is also supportive of a young QB.  We have enough draft capital to go after Herbert without even digging into next year's picks. DET and NYG could both be open to trading to back. They both need a lot of non-QB upgrades.
    • Agreed...in general.  Huge difference in specifics, however, when comparing the play making that Mahomes showed in college and the draft capital you’d give up to roll the dice that he might be what he has become.
  • Members

• WarGhost21

WarGhost21 1,119

• ponyboy

ponyboy 418

• Coffeedrinker

Coffeedrinker 7,328

Senior Members
    • Indeee

Indeee 544

• CR91

CR91 9,283