Click here to get your free tickets for Colts Training Camp today!
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Due diligence.  Kick the tires on anything you can and maybe you catch lightning in a bottle. 
    • Mack got $90M gtd...I can't see Clowney getting close to that. I think it would probably be ~$60-65M...which is what Lawrence and Clark both got...and maybe not even that much.    It's not my money...but I would do it. The Colts have the money...and I don't think the Colts will find a better player to add to the team in FA...Clowney is a 3x consecutive Pro Bowler with double digit sack upside...heading into his prime...whose skill sets fits perfectly into a position where they have a long-term need.    To put it another way...I would much rather give Clowney a deal and add him to this team to try and win a Super Bowl...than spend that cash on extending guys 1-2 years before they are due. The Colts have a nice 3-4 year window where they can be a lot more aggressive.   Signing someone like Clowney will make a dent...but it won't hurt them long-term. There is a very good chance this team will have left upwards of $80M on the table over this four-year period. Right now, they have to spend $44M in cash next offseason just to get 89% (using OTC and estimating a $10M increase for the salary cap). They will make that up for sure (in FA and extensions)...but they have the flexibility to commit to a player like Clowney. I get being lean during those first two years...but not now.   The key for me would be the draft capital. If it's only one of those 2nds...I am very intrigued. 
    • You can't believe everything you hear. He's perhaps just testing out market value
    • Well it did say in the article Ballard contacted the Texans about his availability.
    • Thank God Ballard is too smart to fall for this kind of noise. Looking forward to this season I think we have a fine team
  • Members

• NorthernBlue

NorthernBlue 2,987

• BPindy

BPindy 376

• Greyghost80

Greyghost80 0

Rookie
    • SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt 6,872

Moderators
    • CR91