Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jalen Collins

Patrick Miller

With all the crazy fan post screaming for everything from a wayerboy to a safety I completely forgot about this dude. He has huge untapped talent. He just needs to get it together between the ears al let er rip on the field

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Does he crack the starting line up this year?

Lets put it like this, They went hard to keep him around, signed him to a future contract. CB and both Reich raved about his ability to play the position and the positives they saw from him in practice. I think with a full offseason under his belt and the time to get the playbook down he will surprise a lot of ppl. Let’s not forget he was a starter for the falcons and he shut down the likes of Michael Thomas.  If he keeps his head on the straight and narrow I believe he will start. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

I like Wilson a lot! He was coming on last year and he has great size for the position. Throw in Harrison, who seemed to get lost in the wake last year,  the CB position is not as bad as some think!

Harrison?

Hairston?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

Lets put it like this, They went hard to keep him around, signed him to a future contract. CB and both Reich raved about his ability to play the position and the positives they saw from him in practice. I think with a full offseason under his belt and the time to get the playbook down he will surprise a lot of ppl. Let’s not forget he was a starter for the falcons and he shut down the likes of Michael Thomas.  If he keeps his head on the straight and narrow I believe he will start. 

That's my line of thinking. I bet he starts.

57 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

I know they think he has the potential, but I must have missed the interviews where they raved about him.  They thought enough about him to elevate him to the 53 so people couldn't steal him off the PS, so we know they like him a lot.

This is what I remember them saying about him:   Matt Eberflus called him “a work in progress,” before elaborating on what he's seen from Collins in practice thus far.

“Yeah, I do see the talent there,” Eberflus explained. “Now, what he has to learn to do is practice the way we practice. The way we practice is full-out. There is walk-through, and then full speed. Then, once you learn to play full speed all the time, that’s practicing our way. I think he’s learning to do that. He’s not there yet, relative to that. But we have a style in which we play, and each player is held to that standard. When he does that, we will see where he is.”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

I like Wilson a lot! He was coming on last year and he has great size for the position. Throw in Harrison, who seemed to get lost in the wake last year,  the CB position is not as bad as some think!

William Henry Harrison?  George Harrison?  They are both dead.  I think that explains why they looked so lost in the wake.  Nice pun, by the way.

With Wilson, Jalen Collins and Desir all at 6'1" and 200(ish) pounds, our boundary corners are in good shape both in size, tackling ability and playmaking ability (coverage, and getting hands on the ball). Huge thanks to Mike Mitchell for helping Wilson with teaching him how to properly watch and breakdown film.

Hairston had a heck of a rookie year in the slot and stepped back a bit last year is still pretty darn good depth behind Moore. Let's face it, Moore is pretty darn good!

Whatever we add in the draft will only add more talent to that room. I'm not worried about our corners at all.

But to answer your question as to whether Collins will start, he's got a better than 50% chance in my mind.

20 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Surprised at the numbers of posters who didn’t even mention Quincy Wilson.

I would think he’d get the first shot.   

I realize I'm in the minority, but I don't think Wilson is as good as everyone thinks he is.

He is terribly inconsistent from game to game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I realize I'm in the minority, but I don't think Wilson is as good as everyone thinks he is.

He is terribly inconsistent from game to game. 

"good as everyone thinks he is"...????

Interesting....    I wasn't aware that ANYONE HERE thinks Wilson is all that good.

I think he's mostly potential,  but he played dramatically better once Mike Mitchell took him under his wing and taught him how to be a pro.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Interesting....    I wasn't aware that ANYONE HERE thinks Wilson is all that good.

I think he's mostly potential,  but he played dramatically better once Mike Mitchell took him under his wing and taught him how to be a pro.

People trash Wilson nonstop in here, & I just don't get it. Dude was like 20 when he got drafted, had a rocky first year, made a huge leap in his 2nd, & by all means should be set up for a breakout season in '19. But for whatever reason, the forum always seems to make sure that every draft class has a whipping boy, & once that's been decided, it doesn't change.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Oh I've seen plenty of love for him on here.

That's what I'm worried about. It doesn't look like Mitchell is coming back, so will there be a drop of in Wilson's play? Will he go back to his old self? 

We'll see I guess. 

41 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

People trash Wilson nonstop in here, & I just don't get it. Dude was like 20 when he got drafted, had a rocky first year, made a huge leap in his 2nd, & by all means should be set up for a breakout season in '19. But for whatever reason, the forum always seems to make sure that every draft class has a whipping boy, & once that's been decided, it doesn't change.

I hope he DOES breakout. I just know he's been very inconsistent so far. One game he looks awesome, next game he looks lost. It's peculiar indeed. 

2 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I hope he DOES breakout. I just know he's been very inconsistent so far. One game he looks awesome, next game he looks lost. It's peculiar indeed. 

He had a bad first couple of games playing with a club on his hand, then he had to sit a couple weeks to heal, came back and took a few weeks to get going but once he did he was a damn stud. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-colts-quincy-wilson-improved-late-in-2018-bound-for-strong-2019-campaign

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think he’s good, but his practice habits were for % until Mitchell came here last year! When on the field he usually plays well! He seems to have had a hard time EARNING his playing time in practice!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I know they think he has the potential, but I must have missed the interviews where they raved about him.  They thought enough about him to elevate him to the 53 so people couldn't steal him off the PS, so we know they like him a lot.

This is what I remember them saying about him:   Matt Eberflus called him “a work in progress,” before elaborating on what he's seen from Collins in practice thus far.

“Yeah, I do see the talent there,” Eberflus explained. “Now, what he has to learn to do is practice the way we practice. The way we practice is full-out. There is walk-through, and then full speed. Then, once you learn to play full speed all the time, that’s practicing our way. I think he’s learning to do that. He’s not there yet, relative to that. But we have a style in which we play, and each player is held to that standard. When he does that, we will see where he is.”

I don’t remember how long ago it was but I want to say it was about a week or so when he was brought in, they asked how is Collins coming along and CB stated he was flashing and making plays in the secondary but was still not in game shape and hasn’t picked up the playbook like they would like but the talent is apparently there. If I find the the interview I will definitely post it for everyone. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

I was just talking to my bro-in-law about Collins. He's got the talent. If he keeps his head on straight, Colts are looking really good at CB with Desir, Moore and Collins. 

And  Quincy Wilson

• Like 1