Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Basically we could have had Tevin Coleman

9 minutes ago, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

for $5.5 Mill. That also would have given the Colts a 1-2 punch at RB 2nd to none. I am sorry but I don't understand what Ballard is doing.

Just spitballing here

1) he did not like Coleman as much as you

2) he did not want to pay one guy more than the 3 backs he already Has

3) he likes those 3 other back (4) if you count Williams. 

Not it too hard to figure really

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

So far Ballard reminds me of the guy in an auction fantasy football league with $250 to spend. Who lets everyone else bid on the star players and then buys everyone late and ends the draft with $125 left.

Yes, but he's still has $125 left.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

So far Ballard reminds me of the guy in an auction fantasy football league with $250 to spend. Who lets everyone else bid on the star players and then buys everyone late and ends the draft with $125 left.

Lel

6 minutes ago, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

And still wins because the sum of his parts versus one or two stars....

• Like 2

Just now, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

And a roster of Eli Manning, Kenyon Drake, Latavius Murray, sterling Sheppard, Devonte Parker. Jack Doyle etc.

Out of curiosity, did you complain a lot on Christmas and Birthdays????

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

for $5.5 Mill. That also would have given the Colts a 1-2 punch at RB 2nd to none. I am sorry but I don't understand what Ballard is doing.

Don’t worry about it.    You have made it clear for over a year that you’ve NEVER understood what Ballard is doing.   So this isn’t new.

Ballard has said several times that he believes Mack is a three down back and he likely believes in Wilkins as the backup..   he has said he likes the 4 backs we have... Mack, Hines, Wilkins and Williams, a late free agent pick up.

Ballard doesn’t think we need a timeshare.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

Hines and Wilkins together don't even come close to Coleman. We have so much money its disturbing and aren't even trying to get anyone.

You have no idea — none — who we are trying to get.   No idea at all.

Honestly, all of us have no idea...  but some of us know how to deal with that..   

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Don’t worry about it.    You have made it clear for over a year that you’ve NEVER understood what Ballard is doing.   So this isn’t new.

Ballard has said several times that he believes Mack is a three down back and he likely believes in Wilkins as the backup..   he has said he likes the 4 backs we have... Mack, Hines, Wilkins and Williams, a late free agent pick up.

Ballard doesn’t think we need a timeshare.  

Wrong. I am a huge supporter of Chris Ballard. I just would like to know what he is doing Right now. Most money in FA and have 3 signings. Funchess, who I like, desir, who I like, and Milton, who can't cover anyone but is a special teams player. Still have what 80+ million left....

42 minutes ago, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

We have a thread for complaining, please post comments like this over here https://forums.colts.com/topic/61637-official-complaints-about-free-agency-thread-merge/

• Thanks 1

I could have also bought a brand new car because I have the money to, but that doesn’t mean I needed to. 

Relax. The only RB we would have ever pursued was Bell, and that was a minimal chance at best. 

Today is the first official day of FA, and guys will be picked up that can contribute. You’re just upset we aren’t going balls to the wall on spending when we don’t need to. 

Ballard won executive of the year without spending money on a ton of FA last year for a reason. 

5 minutes ago, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

Wrong. I am a huge supporter of Chris Ballard. I just would like to know what he is doing Right now. Most money in FA and have 3 signings. Funchess, who I like, desir, who I like, and Milton, who can't cover anyone but is a special teams player. Still have what 80+ million left....

Come on!   You’re a supporter of Ballard’s because the Cokts went 10-6 and won 9 of their last 10 games.

But you complained a year ago about YHUS SAME free agent approach when we also had a lot of money and then you screamed bloody murder during the three days of the draft!   Now you’re back a year later with the same routine.    Who are you kidding?

What he’s doing right now is what he said he’d do since he became our GM about 26 months ago.   You either haven’t paid attention or your ignoring it. 

• Like 3

Coleman was a change of pace back and when Freeman was hurt, didn't have the production that screamed he was a true starter. I'm glad we didn't get him, also we don't need another RB because we have a starter and a change of pace 

57 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I like Coleman, but I would rather the colts sign a bigger, more bruising back. Currently there isn't a rb like that on the roster.

Agreed. And I bet this is exactly why we are bringing in Jay Ajayi for a visit next week to check up on him. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

Hines and Wilkins together don't even come close to Coleman. We have so much money its disturbing and aren't even trying to get anyone.

Please tell us more about how you know what's going on behind the scenes. We'd love to hear it. 

• Like 1

Coleman got his chance to be RB1 last year when Freeman went down and he struggled. He was even benched down the stretch last year for something called an Ito Smith. He's essentially a lesser version of Mack. If you're going to add a RB it should be one that adds something different.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

Not knowing is hard, but kinda exciting too.

23 minutes ago, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

And now we are going to bring in Jay Ajayi...Off a torn ACL. To those saying we dont need a RB what do you make of that news? Coleman is way better than Ajayi. Lets roll him out 10 million per year.

Ajayi is who I wanted. He tore his ACL, but was playing late in the year, so he should be good to go for next season.

1 hour ago, ColtsAC said:

Aren't Mack and Coleman pretty much the same kind of back? redundancy seems less important than versatility in a RB group.

No they aren't. Mack runs between the tackles better...and is probably the twice the player Mack is in the passing game.

I actually they think complemented each other incredibly well.

SF actually has a nice crop of RBs (Breida and Wilson)...probably better than the Colts. I don't think you can have too many RBs...as long as they aren't expensive. 

47 minutes ago, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

And now we are going to bring in Jay Ajayi...Off a torn ACL. To those saying we dont need a RB what do you make of that news? Coleman is way better than Ajayi. Lets roll him out 10 million per year.

Still complaining!

Im not one who thinks we don’t need a back...  but what I’d say is that Coleman’s 2/10 is more than Ballard wants to pay for the back he brings in.

He wants something more modest.

Because the more he pays Coleman the more leverage it gives Mack on a few years.

Face it...   you don’t see things as Ballard does.   That’s fine.   But all these meltdowns you’re having says you trust your views more than Ballard.  No matter how much you claim you like him.

• Thanks 1