Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Justin Houston

2 hours ago, MightyLucks said:

Houston has played with his hand in the dirt, he will be fine. Going from 3-4 to 4-3 isn’t that big of a deal. It’s when DE go from 4-3 to 3-4 where it can get dicey. 

OLB switching to 4-3 no longer have to worry about coverage. 

This is a non issue to me. 

Yes, it's been discussed later in this thread.

Is he a 3 down DE? Or will he be a sub package (likely the bulk of our Defense alignments) player? His ability to pin his ears back and get after a QB hasn't been an issue, he's done it from 2 point and 3 point stance.  And as you mention, the 2 point stance and calls to drop back in coverage almost certainly won't be on his plate anymore.

12 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Yes, it's been discussed later in this thread.

Is he a 3 down DE? Or will he be a sub package (likely the bulk of our Defense alignments) player? His ability to pin his ears back and get after a QB hasn't been an issue, he's done it from 2 point and 3 point stance.  And as you mention, the 2 point stance and calls to drop back in coverage almost certainly won't be on his plate anymore.

I wouldn't say Houston will never drop into coverage. There were times last year that turay dropped. However I do think it's safe to say that the amount of time he's asked to do that will be significantly reduced.