Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• We’re going to get Derek Carr WITHOUT giving up pick 13 or pick 34 or pick 44?    Seriously?   What are we supposed to offer?
    • It's not really reality, so I'll suggest an alternate reality that's more palatable. Let's say AC comes back, QB (Carr or Rivers) and iDL are both addressed in FA. Would I then draft an early DE?   Maybe. I'd take the best of whatever OT, DB, and DE is available.  No thank you to Epenesa.    We have far bigger needs THIS YEAR, but next year DE will be critical. You have to let Turay (not sure he'll ever be a 3 down DE) and Banogu (I think they may have reached too much here) play out at least another year before making a major move on DE IMO. I also think Houston will be back (in 2021) unless he totally drops off the planet this year. It's a contract year and I think he'll actually do better, especially if we get a solid upgrade at 3T. I laugh every time someone says we'll never draft by need. Need plays into a team's big board in a big way. If BPA is an OC, OG, or OLB/WILL in the first round, we're not taking the BPA. It's better to say we won't reach for need. But we do draft by need so long as it's not a huge delta.
    • They have 9M in cap space before they sign Brees and Hill and quite a few UFA they need to sign including Thomas, Apple, Klein and Bell among others and their draft class.  They will be releasing poor performers just to try and resign the guys they want to keep and their draft class.  There is only so much they can do and keeping Brees and Teddy at market value is not one of them.  Teddy has to go.   BTW Dropping Manning to roll the dice on a rook?  Some roll of the dice.  Luck the best QB prospect to come out since Elway versus an older Manning and his injury history..  Some roll.  
    • Just for the record - I think this would be a horrible deal and I would feel extremely disappointed by it.    I would much rather sign Rivers for 2 years and draft a QB or the best prospect at 13(we might actually get a blue chip type of prospect at 13 this year) than give it up for Carr. It's not really close for me. 
    • Cole Kmet in the first round?  You are drunk.
  • Members