Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 Browns

King Colt

5 hours ago, King Colt said:

The Browns chances of not only sweeping the Steelers this coming season but right now, barring FA and the draft roster-wise they should win their division with Baltimore close behind. Right?-wrong?

They have to get everyone together on the same page and working together. 

Lots of big egos there, though.

Very high potential.

On paper this team looks pretty tough, but maybe we should at least wait until the preseason before declaring them Super Bowl Champs. To be honest, I'm excited for the city of Cleveland and hope that the Browns do well. The can lose in the AFC Championship Game to the Colts!

39 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

This is pretty scary:

The bigger unknown is Kitchens.  But he excelled as a late year OC for the Browns after Jackson/Haley were fired.  HC is a new ballgame though. Many good/excellent OC/DC's flame out as a HC.

A couple of the Browns losses last year late in the season could have gone either way against good teams. Season tickets for the Browns has sold out! My dad and uncle were Browns fans so they are my second AFC team. Sweeping the now three legged Steelers would be a great moral booster and a split or better vs. Baltimore should be enough to give them the division. It will be interesting to watch and we will watch because the networks are loading them in to their schedule. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Browns have a lot of talent now and won 7 games from winning 0 the year before. It hinges on Mayfield IMO. If he has a Sophomore slump then they may go 8-8/7-9. If he gets better, I could see 10-6. 

Even if he does have a slump season. The talent alone from their skill positions is better than any other team out there and they should make up for it. Especially Kareem Hunt

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will see, a lot of people picked the Jags to win the SB last year and that was a major implosion. 

They aren’t Super Bowl contenders but they will be a wild card or win the afc north this year. Maybe 2 to 3 years from now with a better defense I’ll say so. 

1 minute ago, runthepost said:

They aren’t Super Bowl contenders but they will be a wild card or win the afc north this year. Maybe 2 to 3 years from now with a better defense I’ll say so. 

Oh I agree, I would put the Pats and Chiefs ahead of them easily and us and the Chargers ahead of them as well. I am not so sure that the Ravens and Steelers are better now though :dunno:. To me the Steelers look an 8-8 team on paper as of now.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Oh I agree, I would put the Pats and Chiefs ahead of them easily and us and the Chargers ahead of them as well. I am not so sure that the Ravens and Steelers are better now though :dunno:. To me the Steelers look an 8-8 team on paper as of now.

Losing arguably the top receiver and a top 5 rb will hurt any offense. Plus they lose Jessie James 

Media and fans jumping on that wagon way to early. Mayfield isn't Peyton Manning so that solid season he had means nothing next year.

There will be bad vibes from the world for them to fail. AND it's still Cleveland.... that's huge.. Lol

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

I think Cleveland is legit.  :dunno:

I guess we'll see, but I think they're definitely moving in the right direction.

I agree, they have the pieces.  But they are still spread out on the table.  How long before the puzzle can get put together... especially before some pieces get lost?  ;-)

10 hours ago, IinD said:

Media and fans jumping on that wagon way to early. Mayfield isn't Peyton Manning so that solid season he had means nothing next year.

There will be bad vibes from the world for them to fail. AND it's still Cleveland.... that's huge.. Lol

Peyton Manning stunk his first year, not so Mayfield

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

Peyton Manning stunk his first year, not so Mayfield

I hear you, simply stating he's far from a slam dunk QB, ie luck, pm.

He can easily struggle in year two like most QBs do.

Hey...they might be all that. Could not he happier for Cleveland fans, however.... I remember the 2011 Eagles "dream team". 

"The Eagles were coming off three straight playoff seasons. They won the NFC East the year before with the No. 2 offense in the league. Now, with the veteran additions of cornerback Asomugha, defensive end Babin, running back Ronnie Brown, cornerback Rodgers-Cromartie, defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins, tight end Donald Lee, guard Evan Mathis, wide receiver Steve Smith and Young, they were loaded. Their roster featured 10 players who had made 25 Pro Bowl appearances between them."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2621230-the-dream-team-that-wasnt-a-cautionary-tale-for-free-agency

Archived