Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King Colt

2019 Browns

The Browns chances of not only sweeping the Steelers this coming season but right now, barring FA and the draft roster-wise they should win their division with Baltimore close behind. Right?-wrong?

They still have to play the games.

It is the Browns.  I wouldn't be surprised if they finished 3rd in their division again.

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up with the #1 pick and "win" the offseason again next year.  haha

42 minutes ago, 18to87 said:

Still a Mayfield injury away from last place. 

Tim Tebow could come in and lead that offense to at least 2nd place.

59 minutes ago, 18to87 said:

Isn’t that true of any team in the NFL? Lose their QB and bye bye playoffs hello top pick.. lol

5 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Isn’t that true of any team in the NFL? Lose their QB and bye bye playoffs hello top pick.. lol

Not the Pats.  They can lose Brady and still go 11-5.

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Only if we draft a QB this year we wouldn’t go 11-5 with Hoyer! Lol

5 hours ago, King Colt said:

The Browns chances of not only sweeping the Steelers this coming season but right now, barring FA and the draft roster-wise they should win their division with Baltimore close behind. Right?-wrong?

They have to get everyone together on the same page and working together. 

Lots of big egos there, though.

Very high potential.

4 hours ago, 18to87 said:

If that is true, then the same is true for the Colts.   Because Cleveland’s 53-man roster is much better than Indy’s.

On paper this team looks pretty tough, but maybe we should at least wait until the preseason before declaring them Super Bowl Champs. To be honest, I'm excited for the city of Cleveland and hope that the Browns do well. The can lose in the AFC Championship Game to the Colts!

We might actually start to see bandwagon Browns fans now.   Or closet ones who now feel good enough to wear their gear again.  Lol. That is a heck of a roster on paper. 

39 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

This is pretty scary:

The bigger unknown is Kitchens.  But he excelled as a late year OC for the Browns after Jackson/Haley were fired.  HC is a new ballgame though. Many good/excellent OC/DC's flame out as a HC.

A couple of the Browns losses last year late in the season could have gone either way against good teams. Season tickets for the Browns has sold out! My dad and uncle were Browns fans so they are my second AFC team. Sweeping the now three legged Steelers would be a great moral booster and a split or better vs. Baltimore should be enough to give them the division. It will be interesting to watch and we will watch because the networks are loading them in to their schedule. 

They will probably have a really nice 8-8 season. lol

20 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Winner!

Never crown a winner after FA, usually it doesn't work out..see jaguars and redskins

Browns have a lot of talent now and won 7 games from winning 0 the year before. It hinges on Mayfield IMO. If he has a Sophomore slump then they may go 8-8/7-9. If he gets better, I could see 10-6. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Browns have a lot of talent now and won 7 games from winning 0 the year before. It hinges on Mayfield IMO. If he has a Sophomore slump then they may go 8-8/7-9. If he gets better, I could see 10-6. 

Even if he does have a slump season. The talent alone from their skill positions is better than any other team out there and they should make up for it. Especially Kareem Hunt

1 minute ago, runthepost said:

Even if he does have a slump season. The talent alone from their skill positions is better than any other team out there and they should make up for it. Especially Kareem Hunt

They do look good on paper.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They do look good on paper.

That’s true but maybe the browns are cursed for failure

2 minutes ago, runthepost said:

That’s true but maybe the browns are cursed for failure

We will see, a lot of people picked the Jags to win the SB last year and that was a major implosion. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will see, a lot of people picked the Jags to win the SB last year and that was a major implosion. 

They aren’t Super Bowl contenders but they will be a wild card or win the afc north this year. Maybe 2 to 3 years from now with a better defense I’ll say so. 

1 minute ago, runthepost said:

They aren’t Super Bowl contenders but they will be a wild card or win the afc north this year. Maybe 2 to 3 years from now with a better defense I’ll say so. 

Oh I agree, I would put the Pats and Chiefs ahead of them easily and us and the Chargers ahead of them as well. I am not so sure that the Ravens and Steelers are better now though :dunno:. To me the Steelers look an 8-8 team on paper as of now.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Oh I agree, I would put the Pats and Chiefs ahead of them easily and us and the Chargers ahead of them as well. I am not so sure that the Ravens and Steelers are better now though :dunno:. To me the Steelers look an 8-8 team on paper as of now.

Losing arguably the top receiver and a top 5 rb will hurt any offense. Plus they lose Jessie James 

Just now, runthepost said:

Losing arguably the top receiver and a top 5 rb will hurt any offense. Plus they lose Jessie James 

Yeah they look like a mess and I love it :funny:

I think Cleveland is legit.  :dunno:

I guess we'll see, but I think they're definitely moving in the right direction.

Media and fans jumping on that wagon way to early. Mayfield isn't Peyton Manning so that solid season he had means nothing next year.

There will be bad vibes from the world for them to fail. AND it's still Cleveland.... that's huge.. Lol

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

I guess we'll see, but I think they're definitely moving in the right direction.

I agree, they have the pieces.  But they are still spread out on the table.  How long before the puzzle can get put together... especially before some pieces get lost?  ;-)

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

I think they will win the AFC North. 

2018 Season 

Baltimore  10 - 6

Pittsburgh  9 - 6 - 1

Cleveland   7 - 8 - 1

Cincinnati   6 - 10 

10 hours ago, IinD said:

Media and fans jumping on that wagon way to early. Mayfield isn't Peyton Manning so that solid season he had means nothing next year.

There will be bad vibes from the world for them to fail. AND it's still Cleveland.... that's huge.. Lol

Peyton Manning stunk his first year, not so Mayfield

I think they will crumble under their own pressure. Just because they got stars now it doesn't mean that the whole organisation learned how to win. I hope they'll keep ascending tho.

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

Peyton Manning stunk his first year, not so Mayfield

I hear you, simply stating he's far from a slam dunk QB, ie luck, pm.

He can easily struggle in year two like most QBs do.

Hey...they might be all that. Could not he happier for Cleveland fans, however.... I remember the 2011 Eagles "dream team". 

"The Eagles were coming off three straight playoff seasons. They won the NFC East the year before with the No. 2 offense in the league. Now, with the veteran additions of cornerback Asomugha, defensive end Babin, running back Ronnie Brown, cornerback Rodgers-Cromartie, defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins, tight end Donald Lee, guard Evan Mathis, wide receiver Steve Smith and Young, they were loaded. Their roster featured 10 players who had made 25 Pro Bowl appearances between them."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2621230-the-dream-team-that-wasnt-a-cautionary-tale-for-free-agency

On 3/14/2019 at 1:43 AM, rock8591 said:

4-12 way more realistic for them than 12-4.

Whatever the line, I'll take the over.

8.5 - 9.5 is likely the line.