Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Potential Sneaky good signings for Ballard

With the market being a bit settled after a few days, I could see the following players getting deals much more reasonable and team friendly. These following players Indy could use on their roster in 2019...

RB Tevin Coleman

DE/OLB Justin Houston

DT Ndamokung Suh

WR Golden Tate

WR Randall Cobb

S Adrian Phillips

S Clayton Geathers

1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

With the market being a bit settled after a few days, I could see the following players getting deals much more reasonable and team friendly. These following players Indy could use on their roster in 2019...

RB Tevin Coleman

DE/OLB Justin Houston

DT Ndamokung Suh

WR Golden Tate

WR Randall Cobb

S Adrian Phillips

S Clayton Geathers

Don't like Suh, but agree with all the others.

I would add a couple

Zach Brown ILB

Rodney Gunter DT/DE

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

For slot CB, Darqueze Dennard may not be a bad option if the price is right, he can play outside too. 

I breathed a sigh of relief when we re-signed Desir. CB depth has bit us so many times in the last 15 years. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s funny who could miss Moore. The guy is flat out a play maker.

Well...   in their defense...  Moore did play some outside corner...   but that was more due to necessity than desire.

His best position is in the slot as a nickel back.

A related note:   Baltimore’s slot-nickel corner recently signed for 3/27.   A record for a nickel back.   I’ll bet Kenny Moore popped a bottle of champagne over that.   In a year he’s going to be well paid!   

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well...   in their defense...  Moore did play some outside corner...   but that was more due to necessity than desire.

His best position is in the slot as a nickel back.

A related note:   Baltimore’s slot-nickel corner recently signed for 3/27.   A record for a nickel back.   I’ll bet Kenny Moore popped a bottle of champagne over that.   In a year he’s going to be well paid!   

Agreed.

And that was one-upped when Justin Coleman was just made the highest paid slot by Detroit at 4 years and $36M

So if Kenny Moore excels this year like he did last year, we would be looking at around $9M+ on a multi year deal to retain him.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

Agreed.

And that was one-upped when Justin Coleman was just made the highest paid slot by Detroit at 4 years and $36M

So if Kenny Moore excels this year like he did last year, we would be looking at around $9M+ on a multi year deal to retain him.

Thanks...   good info.    I have not heard about the Coleman signing.   Wow!

I hope Moore gives us at least a modest home town discount.   I hope he wants to remain with Indy and meets Ballard 

in a spirit of cooperation to stay here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

For those who keep wanting a slot or nickel corner....   May I introduce you to Kenny Moore?

And none of these good slot corners are coming to the Colts as a backup.  They want to start wherever they go.

Don't we already have Nate Hairston as a backup too? I know he had a down year but he was pretty solid as a rookie. Maybe he can rebound? 

• Like 3

Ballard is not iveroaying and I am ok with that. A few names I would like to see him explore are:

CB Ronald Darby

S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix 

DL Danny Shelton

DE Frank Clark (Via Trade)

DE Justin Houston

S Eric Berry

RB CJ Anderson

There is still good value to be had.

7 hours ago, TomDiggs said:

Agreed.

Moore played very well on the outside, in the slot, and even got snaps in the playoffs at cover 2 safety. The guy is a baller.

1 hour ago, Colt Overseas said:

Adrian Phillips would be a nice signing. It would give us a quality starting strong safety that is good on special teams.

I’m watching Adrian Phillips too. He played well last year for the Chargers. He’d be a decent consolation prize for losing out on  Amos, who I thought would be tailor made for the Colts. 

On 3/14/2019 at 7:19 AM, throwing BBZ said:

Moore played very well on the outside, in the slot, and even got snaps in the playoffs at cover 2 safety. The guy is a baller.

I remember the first drive in the Houston game where Moore ended up on Hopkins. He stayed right with him down field and broke up what would of been a TD. He is so versatile.

I'm glad we're going to be hosting Ajayi.  I could see him giving teams a real hard time behind that Colts offensive line.  Good player to lean on while closing out games.  Home run hitter too.  I could see him breaking several big ones as teams sell out on 3rd/4th downs or when that line starts breaking the will of the opposing defense.