Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Current State of Affairs - Day 1 of Free Agency

Based off of our current re-signings and the one street free agent signing, who out there could we sign to a modest contract that would be better than what we currently have or provide solid rotational depth? This is based off of last years depth chart and who is currently rostered:

QB - Luck

RB - Mack

TE - Doyle

WR - T.Y.

LT - Castonzo

LG - Nelson

C - Kelly

RG - Glowinski

RT - Smith

TE - Ebron

WR - Funchess

Slot - Rogers

K - Vinatieri

LS - Rhodes

P - Sanchez

FS - Hooker

SS - Farley

CB - Desir

WILL - Leonard

RDE - Lewis

UT - Autry

MLB - Walker

DT - Hunt

LDE - Sheard

SAM- Adams

CB - Wilson

Nickel - Moore

Dime - Odum

I could still see an edge rusher (Golden) signed, another interior dlineman (Philon), and a safety (Clinton Dix) that would improve the team as a starters/depth.

That's still not counting the draft were they legit can take BPA since all starting positions are manned by a player with starter talent.

11 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I don't see us getting Golden, his best year was as 3-4 OLB, when they moved him to DE last year he didn't transition well.

he was coming off injury, I just think it's unlikely 

Fair assessment. Do you have any other DE prospects in mind? Shane Ray perhaps? Aaron Lynch?

5 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Fair assessment. Do you have any other DE prospects in mind? Shane Ray perhaps? Aaron Lynch?

How I see it is that we are looking for rotational DEs because I expect us to draft one and we have Turay and Lewis, so we will want to make sure they get reps. I could see us pursue Ziggy Ansah, could be a good addition to the rotation, if he stays healthy which if he plays less do to the rotation may help.

I'm also a fan of getting Suh but I really don't have a good argument for him haha

Just now, Zoltan said:

How I see it is that we are looking for rotational DEs because I expect us to draft one and we have Turay and Lewis, so we will want to make sure they get reps. I could see us pursue Ziggy Ansah, could be a good addition to the rotation, if he stays healthy which if he plays less do to the rotation may help.

I'm also a fan of getting Suh but I really don't have a good argument for him haha

With Ansah and Suh I just look at their ages and kind of rule them out per Ballards presumed philosophy!? Ansah or Houston could provide veteran leadership (other than Mathis).... I like the concept but will it jive with Ballards? Lol

Well with Ansah, if we got him, I would see it be a free agent signing down the road more where Ansah realizes the market isn't as good as he hoped (due to his health concerns) and Ballard gives him one of his short term maybe even one year deal so if he excels he can jump into next years FA

7 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I think Robert Quinn of the Dolphins would be a great add if he gets released.  I have been reading it is a possibility.  I like Barrett as well.  He is currently available. 

Just now, Four2itus said:

Suh is a gun for hire. I doubt the Colts are looking for that type of player at this time. 

Especially at his age/wear and tear

Yeah like I said I'm a fan of Suh and would like to see us sign him but I really don't have a good argument for him

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Yeah like I said I'm a fan of Suh and would like to see us sign him but I really don't have a good argument for him

Aaron Donald said something along the lines of he was only so productive because of Suh. Thats a pretty good argument as far as I'm concerned. I'd love to get him on a 2 year deal.