Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robin

CB Pierre Desir Re-signing

At least CB didn't just let him walk, he did a good job on Amari Cooper and Houston's receivers in the playoffs. 

I'm glad we are keeping him. Waiting on the details of the deal... 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

I'm glad we are keeping him. Waiting on the details of the deal... 

Seriously.

Guess it doesn't matter, but good for him getting a new deal and staying in Indy. 

Just now, Superman said:

Seriously.

Guess it doesn't matter, but good for him getting a new deal and staying in Indy. 

Man , you really don't like Desir for some reason lol 

1 minute ago, dew5150 said:

I'm going to guess 3 years for $24 million

Yeah, think that pretty much is spot on... Maybe 7,5 per year.

Just now, lollygagger8 said:

Man , you really don't like Desir for some reason lol 

I don't dislike him at all. He's a decent corner, I just think he's a little overrated by Colts fans (based on my opinion of him and his role). He's getting a three year deal, I'm just anxious to see the numbers.

By the way, I had Desir on my pre-draft list way back when. Nothing against him at all, and for him to go from journeyman fringe roster player to getting a three year deal after a solid season with us is good to see. I just don't think he's the key to locking down DHop like some do.

It’s like why change what isn’t broken. Ballard kept his word. That means a lot to other players on this team.

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

Seriously.

What’s your problem with Desir?

1 minute ago, stitches said:

lets all guess...

3/30 is my guess... 

I don't want to play this game.

Just now, DraftMaster said:

Underpaid :sarcasm:

$85 guaranteed in the first year and none in the next two.

Colts live up to the minimum cap spendings... next up is the draft ;)

If Steven Nelson is 3 years and $25.5M and he played worse than Desir did, i have to believe it is more than that.

And if Bradley Roby got $10M for 1 year, I have to believe it is going to approach that annually.

I will guess and say it's around 3 years and $28.5M

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

lets all guess...

3/30 is my guess... 16M guaranteed. 

You wanna give Superman a heart attach?! :lol:

I like dis. 

One of those “pay your own” situations. 

I could see the numbers being a little eye popping at first but meh. It's not like we're gonna be making any huge re-signings within the next few years, or at least not enough for whatever Desir gets to matter much.

I like Desir, I don't think he's elite but I'd hope no Colts fans have that idea of him. But I do think he's a solid, lengthy guy to have in the CB group.

I believe he only made 1.75 last year so he is going to see s huge payday. So happy for him.

Have family members (Giants fans ) severly ...SEVERLY bummed out . Here in NY Metro area local media reporting Pierre was on Giants top 5 wish list …….Way to go Ballard …..GO COLTS !!!!!

Two years, 9 million, is what Superman went in his mock. 

Hopefully he's a little closer than some of the numbers in this thread.

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't dislike him at all. He's a decent corner, I just think he's a little overrated by Colts fans (based on my opinion of him and his role). He's getting a three year deal, I'm just anxious to see the numbers.

By the way, I had Desir on my pre-draft list way back when. Nothing against him at all, and for him to go from journeyman fringe roster player to getting a three year deal after a solid season with us is good to see. I just don't think he's the key to locking down DHop like some do.

tenor.gif

Desir shut down Deandre Hopkins (top 5 WR in league) twice and Amari Cooper (no slouch either) when asked. Not sure how that's overrated. He was pretty decent for the Colts the year before as well. 

I think the signing is great, not only because I think Desir is better than other FA's available (esp in zone) but it shows the rest of the team that if you do well for the team, you get rewarded. 

Desir is one of the okayest corners in the league. We could do a lot worse. But it would be nice to have the horses to play man on 3rd downs.

22 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Great to hear!

And rhymes with Desir.  Well played.

13 minutes ago, Superman said:

Have to agree with you. I'm not a ran of the 3 year deal part honestly dude is already like 28. If his play falls off I hope we can dump him without hurting the team too much