Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CB Pierre Desir Re-signing

Robin

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, lollygagger8 said:

Man , you really don't like Desir for some reason lol 

I don't dislike him at all. He's a decent corner, I just think he's a little overrated by Colts fans (based on my opinion of him and his role). He's getting a three year deal, I'm just anxious to see the numbers.

By the way, I had Desir on my pre-draft list way back when. Nothing against him at all, and for him to go from journeyman fringe roster player to getting a three year deal after a solid season with us is good to see. I just don't think he's the key to locking down DHop like some do.

If Steven Nelson is 3 years and $25.5M and he played worse than Desir did, i have to believe it is more than that.

And if Bradley Roby got $10M for 1 year, I have to believe it is going to approach that annually.

I will guess and say it's around 3 years and $28.5M

I could see the numbers being a little eye popping at first but meh. It's not like we're gonna be making any huge re-signings within the next few years, or at least not enough for whatever Desir gets to matter much.

I like Desir, I don't think he's elite but I'd hope no Colts fans have that idea of him. But I do think he's a solid, lengthy guy to have in the CB group.

Have family members (Giants fans ) severly ...SEVERLY bummed out . Here in NY Metro area local media reporting Pierre was on Giants top 5 wish list …….Way to go Ballard …..GO COLTS !!!!!

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't dislike him at all. He's a decent corner, I just think he's a little overrated by Colts fans (based on my opinion of him and his role). He's getting a three year deal, I'm just anxious to see the numbers.

By the way, I had Desir on my pre-draft list way back when. Nothing against him at all, and for him to go from journeyman fringe roster player to getting a three year deal after a solid season with us is good to see. I just don't think he's the key to locking down DHop like some do.

tenor.gif

Desir shut down Deandre Hopkins (top 5 WR in league) twice and Amari Cooper (no slouch either) when asked. Not sure how that's overrated. He was pretty decent for the Colts the year before as well. 

I think the signing is great, not only because I think Desir is better than other FA's available (esp in zone) but it shows the rest of the team that if you do well for the team, you get rewarded. 

13 minutes ago, Superman said:

Have to agree with you. I'm not a ran of the 3 year deal part honestly dude is already like 28. If his play falls off I hope we can dump him without hurting the team too much 

Archived