Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CB Pierre Desir Re-signing

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Much like Hunt and now Desir......it shows that if you produce on the 1 or 2 year contracts the front office will reward you.   Sets a good precedent for Ebron and Funchess (if he balls out

3-years, 90 millions

Just now, lollygagger8 said:

Man , you really don't like Desir for some reason lol 

I don't dislike him at all. He's a decent corner, I just think he's a little overrated by Colts fans (based on my opinion of him and his role). He's getting a three year deal, I'm just anxious to see the numbers.

By the way, I had Desir on my pre-draft list way back when. Nothing against him at all, and for him to go from journeyman fringe roster player to getting a three year deal after a solid season with us is good to see. I just don't think he's the key to locking down DHop like some do.

• Like 3

If Steven Nelson is 3 years and $25.5M and he played worse than Desir did, i have to believe it is more than that.

And if Bradley Roby got $10M for 1 year, I have to believe it is going to approach that annually.

I will guess and say it's around 3 years and $28.5M

• Like 2

I could see the numbers being a little eye popping at first but meh. It's not like we're gonna be making any huge re-signings within the next few years, or at least not enough for whatever Desir gets to matter much.

I like Desir, I don't think he's elite but I'd hope no Colts fans have that idea of him. But I do think he's a solid, lengthy guy to have in the CB group.

Have family members (Giants fans ) severly ...SEVERLY bummed out . Here in NY Metro area local media reporting Pierre was on Giants top 5 wish list …….Way to go Ballard …..GO COLTS !!!!!

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't dislike him at all. He's a decent corner, I just think he's a little overrated by Colts fans (based on my opinion of him and his role). He's getting a three year deal, I'm just anxious to see the numbers.

By the way, I had Desir on my pre-draft list way back when. Nothing against him at all, and for him to go from journeyman fringe roster player to getting a three year deal after a solid season with us is good to see. I just don't think he's the key to locking down DHop like some do.

tenor.gif

Desir shut down Deandre Hopkins (top 5 WR in league) twice and Amari Cooper (no slouch either) when asked. Not sure how that's overrated. He was pretty decent for the Colts the year before as well. 

I think the signing is great, not only because I think Desir is better than other FA's available (esp in zone) but it shows the rest of the team that if you do well for the team, you get rewarded. 

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Superman said:

Have to agree with you. I'm not a ran of the 3 year deal part honestly dude is already like 28. If his play falls off I hope we can dump him without hurting the team too much 

• Haha 1