Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FA Day 1 (officially starts @4pm)


Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is interesting. If the colts could get him at ten million we could have Hilton, funchess, William with Cain as the fourth receiver. I wonder if Reich would pull the trigger.

 

I don't think we are looking for another deep threat because they will use Deion Cain and TY for that.  Also you have Marcus Johnson as an option and potentially Fountain.  I saw a report in the FA thread from yesterday saying the Colts were looking for a Slot Receiver.  I don't really think there are any viable candidates still out there in FA besides Golden Tate maybe.  If they don't get him I think we would look to the draft to pick up a Slot.  That's the type of WR I think we are looking for in the draft.  I don't think we will be looking for a deep threat.  Just my take on the issue unless we have plans to draft two WR which I am doubting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I don't think we are looking for another deep threat because they will use Deion Cain and TY for that.  Also you have Marcus Johnson as an option and potentially Fountain.  I saw a report in the FA thread from yesterday saying the Colts were looking for a Slot Receiver.  I don't really think there are any viable candidates still out there in FA besides Golden Tate maybe.  If they don't get him I think we would look to the draft to pick up a Slot.  That's the type of WR I think we are looking for in the draft.  I don't think we will be looking for a deep threat.  Just my take on the issue.

I think Ballard will look for a pass rusher in the first round. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, stitches said:

The Raiders are weird. 

 

For a team that couldn't afford to extend a guy like Mack and who had to trade off Osemele for peanuts, they sure can throw huge money at Trent Brown, Antonio Brown, Lamarcus Joyner and likely now Williams. That is insane.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

I think Ballard will look for a pass rusher in the first round. 

I wasn't speaking about the first round.  As I said in another thread I'm hoping it's Pariss Campbell between Rd 2-3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

 

For a team that couldn't afford to extend a guy like Mack and who had to trade off Osemele for peanuts, they sure can throw huge money at Trent Brown, Antonio Brown, Lamarcus Joyner and likely now Williams. That is insane.

Exactly. So many weird things happening with them. I can't figure out any unified theory about their roster building... they do stuff that suggest full rebuild and at the same time they doing clearcut win-now moves... and then there is the oddity of the management of their OLine... I guess we shouldn't be too shocked knowing it's Tom Cable in control of that unit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

IF this is correct (??? couldn't find anything on Rapoport's twitter feed) then it's not a bad price. 

 

Good deal if those numbers are true.  7.5 M per year.  Doesn't put him very high on the pay list for corners but he'd be a starter.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, stitches said:

Exactly. So many weird things happening with them. I can't figure out any unified theory about their roster building... they do stuff that suggest full rebuild and at the same time they doing clearcut win-now moves... and then there is the oddity of the management of their OLine... I guess we shouldn't be too shocked knowing it's Tom Cable in control of that unit. 

Funny that you two brought this up as I was listening to 101 ESPN out of St Louis Monday after work and the hosts asked the guest (Hub Arkush) about the Raiders and the early activity and why they would chose to pay Brown and Brown and not Mack.  His explanation was that due to the large amount of up front and guaranteed money that Mack wanted that they would have had to put that cash in an escrow account up front.  He claimed that the Raiders (specifically Mark Davis) could not afford to place that much cash up front in an account.  Hub is pretty reliable so I just thought that was interesting and thought that I would share.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, stitches said:

Exactly. So many weird things happening with them. I can't figure out any unified theory about their roster building... they do stuff that suggest full rebuild and at the same time they doing clearcut win-now moves... and then there is the oddity of the management of their OLine... I guess we shouldn't be too shocked knowing it's Tom Cable in control of that unit. 

 

Who are they competing with in their division?  The Chiefs.  They'll need to win some 51-48 Chiefs/Rams style games.  

 

Put as many weapons on the field as possible and shoot it out.  Browns, Raiders, Chiefs - that's where it's headed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Dilger85 said:

Funny that you two brought this up as I was listening to 101 ESPN out of St Louis Monday after work and the hosts asked the guest (Hub Arkush) about the Raiders and the early activity and why they would chose to pay Brown and Brown and not Mack.  His explanation was that due to the large amount of up front and guaranteed money that Mack wanted that they would have had to put that cash in an escrow account up front.  He claimed that the Raiders (specifically Mark Davis) could not afford to place that much cash up front in an account.  Hub is pretty reliable so I just thought that was interesting and thought that I would share.

Thanks for the info... I still don't believe this is the reason. They continue to give out a ton of  guaranteed money to other players without much concern about their owner's current finances. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Dilger85 said:

Funny that you two brought this up as I was listening to 101 ESPN out of St Louis Monday after work and the hosts asked the guest (Hub Arkush) about the Raiders and the early activity and why they would chose to pay Brown and Brown and not Mack.  His explanation was that due to the large amount of up front and guaranteed money that Mack wanted that they would have had to put that cash in an escrow account up front.  He claimed that the Raiders (specifically Mark Davis) could not afford to place that much cash up front in an account.  Hub is pretty reliable so I just thought that was interesting and thought that I would share.

Interesting considering all their moves combined probably add up to it or more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, #12. said:

 

Who are they competing with in their division?  The Chiefs.  They'll need to win some 51-48 Chiefs/Rams style games.  

 

Put as many weapons on the field as possible and shoot it out.  Browns, Raiders, Chiefs - that's where it's headed.

Without a D Chiefs can put too much

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, stitches said:

Thanks for the info... I still don't believe this is the reason. They continue to give out a ton of  guaranteed money to other players without much concern about their owner's current finances. 

I think they're making a huge mistake.  We shall see.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Interesting..........considering he decided not to be a part of his "locker room". 

 

He chose not to accept an unfair one year deal. It was his right do do so acording to the CBA, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • never said we didn't, and my main point was that I think Ballard could've traded down from #6 and still have gotten Nelson
    • Teams that start 0-2 rarely make the playoffs, since the 2000 season I think it is something like 13% of teams that do. 
    • I agree, after last week there is a lot of improvement needed. It will be interesting to see if Stafford can have the same success that Wilson did. If he does, that doesn't bode well for the future. I hope we just had 1 bad game but we are about to find out. 
    • Frankly I don't care if we win by 1 or 50.  50 is a lot easier to watch though...   Bottom line, we have a lot of problems that need fixing. Almost 99.... lol Off season OL depth moves were bad at OT, even though we 100% knew we'd have to rely on them early. OL in general played far under their salaries sans Nelson and Glow.  Carroll and Waldron out coached Eberflus and ran our D around yard. C2 vs Wilson/Lockett/DK begged exploitation. Carrol and Norton out coached Reich and Brady and shut most things down despite a pretty decent game from Wentz. Our "elite" pass D was atrocious except for the RYS who most fans love to rip. Both safeties and our top NB got torched. Our DL took a step back from what most called a meh 2020, and gave up a huge rushing AVG Our biggest extensions thus far (DL and Smith) both played horrible, and now both are hobbled. Winning this weekend would go a long way to quiet some of narratives. Long shot to happen though. Would love to see it.   Needs to start with coaching and game plan, to put our guys in better positions to succeed. If we see Willis in C2 a lot vs Stafford, we know Flus learned zero. If Reich doesn't leave a RB in while both our OTs are getting boat raced, he learned nothing.   Starting to think our O will have to win a lot of games for us this year.
    • We will see how the season plays out, I think we will lose on Sunday but if we win that game that would be a huge boost. To your comment, I have seen many years where teams have had a huge point differential in the positive and only be 8-8 and then teams that are barely in the negative be 11-5 lol. I'll take a quote from Magic Johnson, after the Lakers beat Boston 107-106 in Game 4 of the 1987 Finals "Doesn't matter if you win by 30 or by 1, as long as you win".   All people in the end care about is winning to have that good record.
  • Members

    • jbaron04

      jbaron04 138

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • 2006Coltsbestever

      2006Coltsbestever 23,728

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MPStack

      MPStack 3,816

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • poilucelt

      poilucelt 187

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • stitches

      stitches 9,528

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • EastStreet

      EastStreet 12,406

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • nzh201vs

      nzh201vs 3

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • AlanNC

      AlanNC 60

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • dw49

      dw49 777

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Fluke_33

      Fluke_33 3,038

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...