Sign in to follow this  
danlhart87

Bell to Jets

Four years, $52m, reportedly. 

That's what he sat out a year for. I hope it's mostly guaranteed.

4 hours ago, Superman said:

Four years, $52m, reportedly. 

That's what he sat out a year for. I hope it's mostly guaranteed.

Didn't he deny about 17-18 mill from the Steelers lmao :headspin:

This....this is why the Pats have no competition in the AFC East.

Bell will never be able to fulfill his contract.

44 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

This....this is why the Pats have no competition in the AFC East.

Bell will never be able to fulfill his contract.

I’m wondering if he be anywhere near as good? Not because he lost a step but who on that team scares a team as a WR like Brown and JuJu did in Pittsburg? For that matter that line isn’t very good either so his dancing could end up costing them yards.

the Jets have so many things to fix this signing makes zero sense.. it made sense for Indy because you have a scary WR and a QB a that teams aren’t going to dare to beat them.  Jets being Jets

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

I’m wondering if he be anywhere near as good? Not because he lost a step but who on that team scares a team as a WR like Brown and JuJu did in Pittsburg? For that matter that line isn’t very good either so his dancing could end up costing them yards.

the Jets have so many things to fix this signing makes zero sense.. it made sense for Indy because you have a scary WR and a QB a that teams aren’t going to dare to beat them.  Jets being Jets

Building through FA. They will be like the Jags.

28 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Building through FA. They will be like the Jags.

See I thought the Raiders = Jags 2.0 in FA.  The Jets signed two FA both to top of their position salaries and it wasn’t a WR to help their young QB or god knows line help to protect him.. it was on a RB and a saftey(?) weird choices.. 

IMO most improved teams (right now on paper):

Browns - OBJ added to that Offense alone is scary, they were a play or two from the playoffs last year.

Raiders - AB, Brown (lineman), and what seems like a dozen FA.

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

See I thought the Raiders = Jags 2.0 in FA.  The Jets signed two FA both to top of their position salaries and it wasn’t a WR to help their young QB or god knows line help to protect him.. it was on a RB and a saftey(?) weird choices.. 

IMO most improved teams (right now on paper):

Browns - OBJ added to that Offense alone is scary, they were a play or two from the playoffs last year.

Raiders - AB, Brown (lineman), and what seems like a dozen FA.

Yeah. I just think for value, you don't get the production with these high profile free agents for the money spent. Big name player like a nice shiny car. Haha. I think the Browns getting OBJ definitely helps because he's an incredible athlete but they get his diva baggage and they gave up a lot for him. Hopefully with the new team he lays low for a bit. Raiders are kinda in the same boat with Antonio Brown but he will help their offense tremendously. 

That's a big contract but not ridiculous.  He could have gotten that much or more from the Steelers but I think he just wanted out of there.

Ben is an *** I'm not surprised bell and brown don't want to play with him any more, I think they were right to leave

We could have done that and it wouldn't have been a bad deal. We had Albert Bentley and still went after Eric Dickerson, Bell would have been a great player all the way around for us.

• Like 1

Did you guys not hear Irsay say last year that they felt Marlon Mack could go for 1500 yards rushing?  He didn't even play the whole season and got 900 so why would they need to go out and pay a guy 11 to 12 million dollars a year to do the same thing?  Any back we bring in is likely to be a backup or compliment to Mack and that's how they want it.