Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CR91

Beckham traded to Browns [Merge]

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Don't b to quick to call it a win for the Browns.  That's a lot of strong personalities on the offensive side of the ball. Boom or bust potential 

Not to mention The Qb who has a strong personality. 

20 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Wow if I’m Ballard I would’ve sent the Giants our 1st and late 2nd for him. 

And a sack of hot peppers!

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

You don’t know IF OR WHAT Ballard offered nor to whom. Guarantee that IF we were to magically sign Bell, you’d beating on your chest and sounding your trumpet... again

I know that he hasn't signed anyone but a let-down of a WR, coming off of an injury, all while having enough cap space to get practically whoever he wanted. I'd just like to see something aggressive for once, like the Browns. If you want it, go get it. Better hope he continues to draft ar an insane level, because FA isn't where it's coming from. 

Nearly fell off my seat, jaw dropping trade. It’s a lot that the Browns have given up, but they’re now a real contender. Their AFC North rivals had already taken steps backwards and now this.

Give the Browns credit

OBJ is very erratic.

He could be on the DL list or on the all-NFL team.

They're taking the gamble..at a fairly high price

I wonder how Odell will like Cleveland

26 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

For a 1st, a 3rd, and Jabrill Peppers...guess it didn't take two 1st rounders after all?

Peppers is a former 1st round pick.

So, Cleveland traded two 1's and a 3.

Nearly fell off my seat, jaw dropping trade. It’s a lot that the Browns have given up, but they’re now a real contender. Their AFC North rivals had already taken steps backwards and now this.

Wow. Browns have some serious offensive weapons now. OBJ with Jarvis Landry are a heck of a 1-2 punch at WR.  David Njoku is promising at TE and they have some good RBs.

15 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

The Colts had EVERY opportunity to make these moves, and be a powerhouse this season...and Ballard signs Devin freaking Funchess? Why does he have to be SO conservative? 

Because he's trying to build a program that will last.    He's not looking for a small window of opportunity.    He's trying to build the biggest window he can.     So, he's moving slowly and carefully to do that.   

And Irsay is on board.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Lol guys beating the personality thing into the ground

I'm the only one that has mentioned him being a diva. That's one post.

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

I'm the only one that has mentioned him being a diva. That's one post.

Between this thread and the tampering one, there has been multiple mentions about the personalities on the Browns. It’s way overblown 

34 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Wow if I’m Ballard I would’ve sent the Giants our 1st and late 2nd for him. 

We probably could have got him for a 1st, 3rd and Hooker.

12 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

I know that he hasn't signed anyone but a let-down of a WR, coming off of an injury, all while having enough cap space to get practically whoever he wanted. I'd just like to see something aggressive for once, like the Browns. If you want it, go get it. Better hope he continues to draft ar an insane level, because FA isn't where it's coming from. 

Well there's a model franchise to try and emulate.

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Why sign him last year and trade him this year?

He was just as crazy then as he is now.

Exactly.

I lived in NYC for years, and this isn't going to read well with the fan base.

Browns are loading for bear this off-season. Kareem Hunt, Sheldon Richardson, olivier vernon, and now Beckham

Why would you want the biggest me first, selfish diva in the league?

Talk about a cancer.....

5 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Why would you want the biggest me first, selfish diva in the league?

Talk about a cancer.....

How many of his teammates have said that about him? I’ll wait 

14 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

i dont think that will be a problem, hes from a pretty small market himself.  the weather sucks in Cleveland but its not like its great in NY either 

18 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Give the Browns credit

OBJ is very erratic.

He could be on the DL list or on the all-NFL team.

They're taking the gamble..at a fairly high price

Well is back with his college buddy and receiver coach.  He'll like it fine

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

i dont think that will be a problem, hes from a pretty small market himself.  the weather sucks in Cleveland but its not like its great in NY either 

I think it will be a big problem...

Cleveland is not NY.....Hes used to NY

2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

If he was a leader they wouldn’t be trading him. He is 26 yo. There is something to him causing problems.

30 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Don't b to quick to call it a win for the Browns.  That's a lot of strong personalities on the offensive side of the ball. Boom or bust potential 

Right.  Wait until they deal with some adversity.  Chernobyl type melt down will happen 

5 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

I could certainly do research but quite frankly I don't give a rip about your opinion because my eyes have shown me everything I need to know when he is on the field AND the crying, whining and throwing hissy fits on the sidelines.....

1st: Wow. Gratz for the Browns.  It is a steep price, but probably worth it in the long run since they have all those guys for the next 3-4 years under contract.  And his 'deva' antics are misconstrued.  His sideline exploits have almost always been him upset with himself. He's been a stand-out guy when it comes to the media/locker room talking/defending his team-mates and coaches.

2nd: Ballard hasn't necessarily been conservative.  Everyone I've seen go, that I thought he might go after has went for WAY to much.

3rd: I hope Ballard does what he did last year with a bunch of 2nd/3rd tier guys that come in as scheme players and bring this team up the next level ...again.

4th: Sounds like to me between this year and next, Ballard will have the $$ to extend/resign everyone on their last leg of their contracts, or 3rd years of rookie deals.

5th: All My Opinion (for the most part)

21 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Between this thread and the tampering one, there has been multiple mentions about the personalities on the Browns. It’s way overblown 

Other than the QB, I cant think of many big personalities on the Browns.  Sure, hunt got into some scuffle with a drunken wacko,  but he's never been a locker room problem as far as I know.

If you think people on our message boards are upset about this, imagine what kind of storm is churning on the Giants forums.

27 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

We probably could have got him for a 1st, 3rd and Hooker.

Well Peppers isnt very good and Hooker is one of the best rated Safties in the NFL so its not the same trade 

1 minute ago, FalseStart said:

The AFC Championship goes through Indy unless I'm missing something...

giphy.gif

Yes you’re missing the Chiefs and oh that team from Boston that has been to like 100 straight 

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Yes you’re missing the Chiefs and oh that team from Boston that has been to like 100 straight 

Hell....The Jaguars have held us scoreless in 6 straight quarters and the Texans actually won the AFC South.

Let's not crown anybody right now.

19 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

1st: Wow. Gratz for the Browns.  It is a steep price, but probably worth it in the long run since they have all those guys for the next 3-4 years under contract.  And his 'deva' antics are misconstrued.  His sideline exploits have almost always been him upset with himself. He's been a stand-out guy when it comes to the media/locker room talking/defending his team-mates and coaches.

2nd: Ballard hasn't necessarily been conservative.  Everyone I've seen go, that I thought he might go after has went for WAY to much.

3rd: I hope Ballard does what he did last year with a bunch of 2nd/3rd tier guys that come in as scheme players and bring this team up the next level ...again.

4th: Sounds like to me between this year and next, Ballard will have the $$ to extend/resign everyone on their last leg of their contracts, or 3rd years of rookie deals.

5th: All My Opinion (for the most part)

Resign our own? Desir has played his way into a new contract and yet Ballard let’s him test the market. Ballard has said we’ll award players that earn a second contract. Too me Desir has earned a raise. Reward our own? Ok ty will be 30 on his next deal( don’t think he’ll command that much at that age). Leonard and Nelson still 4-5 years away. Hooker 3 years. Castonzo will cost a bit if Ballard wants him back. But other than that who else superstar status do we have to resign? Luck? Yea he’s got two years left. I don’t see what’s wrong with handing out a four year deal and front loading it so the last two years are manageable. 

50 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Peppers is a former 1st round pick.

So, Cleveland traded two 1's and a 3.

Well then you could say the Colts traded a 1st round pick for Brissett.

16 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Meanwhile Ballard got us Devin Futhess.

Rejoice!!

I wanted no part of OBJ on the Colts...and neither did you