Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GusFring

Official complaints about Free Agency thread (merge)

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Why?  Because only puppies and rainbow thoughts about Ballard are allowed?

 

 

 

No, because you and others have *ic arguments and they are tiresome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr.ZapRowsdower said:

In my opinion when it comes to skill positions Ballard is always going to draft rather than trade or make splash signings. Whether it RB,WR etc. It's his style. He's not going to sway on it. You mentioned AB and OBJ. He's looking at this years draft and sees a ton of WR talent. Everyone should have known we weren't getting Bell, AB or a laundry list of others at skill positions. It's not that hard of a concept to understand. The man literally said it in his first press conference. He would prefer to grow his own. AB nor OBJ or Bell fit the mold he wants for the Coltsor the locker room. Anyone who has taken the time to listen to him knew how this was going to play out. I

I have never heard one bad thing said about OBJ besides his passion to win can cause him to act a little 'out there' at times.  Same with Ab.

 

Bell I am a little more hesitant on considering he sat out an entire year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Ballard was literally asked about any potential cap problems it worries down the road.    He basically said they monitor the cap every day and they have no worries at all going forward.  Said he wasn’t worried at all.

So then why not go after a AB or OBJ?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AB said he doesn’t need football. He calls himself Mr Paychecks. In his last interview all he talked about was his paid mansion. He also said a new team has to play by his rules. That is really someone you want on your team? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, threeflight said:

I actually just proved that wrong.

 

Just take at the last 7-8 teams to go to the super bowl. What do you see?

Seattle
Denver
New England
Atlanta
Carolina
Philly
LA

These teams all use free agency actively. We should be similarly thoughtfully aggressive in free agency, not dormant, not crazy. Probably should be a bit more aggressive than what we are now.

 

 

Yet NFL dot com just had an article yesterday that said of the last 4 years, the top 6 spenders each of those years in FA, only 37 percent made the playoffs the following year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, threeflight said:

$13 M for Funchess is not value.


It's a major reach and an overspend and it prevents you from getting who you really should have gone after...AB or OBJ.  That is my issue with it.  Fine if you want to add Funchess as a side piece....but don't depend on that guy when we have nothing else but Hilton.

This post is not even 40 minutes old and it’s the latest example of how intellectually dishonest you are.

 

Funchess’s deal is NOT for $13 mill.  It’s for $10 with 3 mill more in incentives.  But you know that.   But what do you do?   You argue that it’s $13 mill to make the deal look even worse.   That’s what you do...   twist and distort to try to win arguments. 

 

It’s not lost in anyone here that you surfaced at this time last year.   You missed and complained about FA and the draft.   And you mostly disappeared for the season, especially when things got goo for the team.   You looked like a fool...   a clown...   and now you have resurfaced with the same tired act.  You fool no one.   You’re a one trick pony and you’ve been proven wrong about all your opinions.   Wrong last year.   Wrong this year.   Congrats!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

AB said he doesn’t need football. He calls himself Mr Paychecks. In his last interview all he talked about was his paid mansion. He also said a new team has to play by his rules. That is really someone you want on your team? 

I really believe he was saying that to get out of Pitts.

 

He has never been known as a loafer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, threeflight said:

I have never heard one bad thing said about OBJ besides his passion to win can cause him to act a little 'out there' at times.  Same with Ab.

 

Bell I am a little more hesitant on considering he sat out an entire year.

If Brown was such a good teammate and good to have around, why did the Steelers get rid of him. If OBJ was  such a good teammate and good to have around, why did the Giants get rid of him. If Hunt  was such a good teammate and good to have around, why did the Chiefs get rid of him. Must all be not as bright as you when it comes to football IQ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

This post is not even 40 minutes old and it’s the latest example of how intellectually dishonest you are.

 

Funchess’s deal is NOT for $13 mill.  It’s for $10 with 3 mill more in incentives.  But you know that.   But what do you do?   You argue that it’s $13 mill to make the deal look even worse.   That’s what you do...   twist and distort to try to win arguments. 

 

It’s not lost in anyone here that you surfaced at this time last year.   You missed and complained about FA and the draft.   And you mostly disappeared for the season, especially when things got goo for the team.   You looked like a fool...   a clown...   and now you have resurfaced with the same tired act.  You fool no one.   You’re a one trick pony and you’ve been proven wrong about all your opinions.   Wrong last year.   Wrong this year.   Congrats!

 

I have said countless times $10 to $13 M.  Countless.  So I say $13 M once and that is worthy of a 3 paragraph post lol?

 

Ok bruh.

 

Why don't you go back and look up my past posts. :)

 

Ok boyos I'm off to workout for a while.  I look forward to reading the thread when I get back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, threeflight said:

I have never heard one bad thing said about OBJ besides his passion to win can cause him to act a little 'out there' at times.  Same with Ab.

 

Bell I am a little more hesitant on considering he sat out an entire year.

Have you been living under a rock. Google OBJ diva. I'll wait. Brown skipped practices and calling out teammates instead of handling things in house and is criticizing ex teammates even now. Just Wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hoosierhawk said:

If Brown was such a good teammate and good to have around, why did the Steelers get rid of him. If OBJ was  such a good teammate and good to have around, why did the Giants get rid of him. If Hunt  was such a good teammate and good to have around, why did the Chiefs get rid of him. Must all be not as bright as you when it comes to football IQ.

I have already talked about Brown.

 

Because of the toxic environment in Pits.  He wanted out.

 

OBJ I just think the Giants just want to start over.

 

Hunt had one bad night with a drunk women who was egging him on and who is now his fiance.  I think we all had one or two bad experiences when we were his age.  To hold that against him and call him a cancer?  Not me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr.ZapRowsdower said:

Have you been living under a rock. Google OBJ diva. I'll wait. Brown skipped practices and calling out teammates instead of handling things in house and is criticizing ex teammates even now. Just Wow.

Yeah he is a diva.  

 

So what?

 

As long as he cares about winning and tries to win?  He can be whatever he wants to be.

 

Seriously you guys, the guy is a great great player and we didn't even make an effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, aaron11 said:

Revis , Gilmore and moss to name a few.  It does pay to be aggressive sometimes.  They never sit on 100 million$ ever

 

The Rams had a lot too and they got pretty far.  The jags had spent a lot last year when they made a run

 

Revis was released by the Bucs and then signed to a 2 yr deal that was really a one year deal. Moss was not signed as a free agent but was traded to New England by the Raiders. Revis at the time the Pats signed him was also the best CB in the game. As far as I know no one on the current free agent market is considered to be the best in the game.

 

Ballard isn't sitting on $100 million. He is being smart with it. This team needs depth across the board. One or two big name free agents aren't what this team needs right now. We still need depth and I think over the next week you'll see Ballard add to that depth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, threeflight said:

Yeah he is a diva.  

 

So what?

 

As long as he cares about winning and tries to win?  He can be whatever he wants to be.

 

Seriously you guys, the guy is a great great player and we didn't even make an effort.

He doesn’t care about winning. It’s all about him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Superman said:

 

The part in bold is not true. The cost is NOT meaningless, and it doesn't matter how many times however many people say it, it's not true. What you spend today takes away from what you can spend tomorrow.

 

It's like saying 'it's not a big deal if I splurge this weekend, I get paid again next week.' 

 

And a multiyear contract would not necessarily have a negative impact on the Colts going forward, especially if you're saving cap space up front. Paul Richardson signed for five years, $40m. Upfront guarantee was $12.5m. His 2018 cap hit was $4m, his 2019 cap hit will be $7.5m, and cutting him after 2019 isn't a burden. (This is not my favorite contract structure, but we all know that contract structure is a matter of preference, not rule.) His two year cap hit is only slightly higher than Funchess' one year cap hit, before incentives.

 

And if we really like him -- and goodness, we're giving him at least $10m for one season, which no one here expected or would have suggested -- why not a multi year deal, like Ebron, to protect the team from his value going through the roof if he plays the way we hope he does?

 

 

Cause they are going to play the comp pick game next offseason. I don't think they have any intention of re-signing Funchess to a long-term deal. If they did...then to your point...this contract looks differently. Unless we are to believe that Ballard was out-negotiated by Funchess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, threeflight said:

I have never heard one bad thing said about OBJ besides his passion to win can cause him to act a little 'out there' at times.  Same with Ab.

 

Bell I am a little more hesitant on considering he sat out an entire year.

 

They were just talking about OBJs bad qualities that caused the Giants to trade him earlier.

 

Among them ... he was supposed to be more of a team player and keep his mouth shut after his big pay day (not a contract stipulation, but a gentleman's/business mans understanding) ... which he didn't.  He also made a comment about not liking to drink water (which I had never heard before) but I guess it has led to 2nd half dehydration (performance) issues and he refuses to listen to trainers on increasing fluids.  There were some other issues listed I don't remember them all.

 

Secondly - We likely would not have gotten him for what Cleveland got him for ... it would have cost us significantly more, because he wanted to be with there with Landry so he didn't make the trade difficult.

 

I am not thrilled about Funchness, but you are too obsessed with the big names. 

 

I think Ballard will eventually be willing to take more chances on guys like AB, OBJ, etc ... after the locker room is more solidly built.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are finally establishing a core. Building a good locker room and solid core players. 

Ballard: Let's nuke it with overpaid diva players and locker room cancers. :thmup:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dorsey and Snyder! Those GM's know how to sign a FA! I mean just look at the number of playoff wins both those teams have in the last 25 years!

 

Well.....er....it's 3. Sorry. Typed before thinking...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey we signed Chris Milton to a one year flyer....if you say it slow, and in French....it might "sound" like a big splash.......warning disconnected thought on the same theme....read with caution.............What makes a big splash? A rock? what does it do right after that splash? sink straight to the bottom.....puddle jumpers for the win!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, threeflight said:

So then why not go after a AB or OBJ?  

Because he doesn’t want those over-sized “me first” and not “team first” guys in his locker room just yet.   He talked about this st his year end presser.   Said the locker room was not ready for an oversized personality (my words) just yet and that he wanted more time to really build the character if the room for the long term.

 

Ballard has said this is NOT a long term thing.   That at some point he’ll bring in  the big personality, big contract guys.   But he’ll bring them into a locker room strong enough to deal with that.

 

I think you seriously underestimate how bad this roster that Ballard inherited really was.   And he has said he’s not done building it.  

 

I hope bettet days days are coming this year and especially next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don’t build the foundation of the house first it will crumble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Because he doesn’t want those over-sized “me first” and not “team first” guys in his locker room just yet.   He talked about this st his year end presser.   Said the locker room was not ready for an oversized personality (my words) just yet and that he wanted more time to really build the character if the room for the long term.

 

Ballard has said this is NOT a long term thing.   That at some point he’ll bring in  the big personality, big contract guys.   But he’ll bring them into a locker room strong enough to deal with that.

 

I think you seriously underestimate how bad this roster that Ballard inherited really was.   And he has said he’s not done building it.  

 

I hope bettet days days are coming this year and especially next.

Once the locker room is set the locker room will influence the divas. If it isn’t strong the diva will influence the locker room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

 nonsense

Rice

Moss

Owens

Megatron

Marvin

Julio

 

Irvin, C Carter, and Art Monk were all better too :thmup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it is just two days in Free Agency. But looking at who the Colts signed and who they are bringing back. Minus Devin F isn’t Chris Ballard signing that the same team that got blew out in Kansas City a few months ago. I maybe wrong. But won’t the Colts lose again with the same team this fall in Kansas City and New England

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

 

Would have been better if they were deleted.

Not trying to censor, just trying to keep the place organized...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Buck Showalter said:

Not trying to censor, just trying to keep the place organized...

 

Oh, I get that, just expressing an opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JR Indy said:

I know it is just two days in Free Agency. But looking at who the Colts signed and who they are bringing back. Minus Devin F isn’t Chris Ballard signing that the same team that got blew out in Kansas City a few months ago. I maybe wrong. But won’t the Colts lose again with the same team this fall in Kansas City and New England

 

So far...that is the case. However, there is still plenty of time. And I think the trade market could be an option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, threeflight said:

I have already talked about Brown.

 

Because of the toxic environment in Pits.  He wanted out.

 

OBJ I just think the Giants just want to start over.

 

Hunt had one bad night with a drunk women who was egging him on and who is now his fiance.  I think we all had one or two bad experiences when we were his age.  To hold that against him and call him a cancer?  Not me.

 

 LMAO    AB WAS the Toxic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I think of teams being aggressive in Free Agency and over spending going after the so-called superstars, I just think of the Jags last year and laugh. How did it work out for them? In 2015 Grigson wrecked our team by doing that as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

#ThreadoftheYear

#FireBallard

#GusFringforGM

#JamesforGM

#JamesZeigler834forGM

#ThreeFlightforGM

 

Been laughing at this for 20 minutes.

 

Also, I don't even care that we haven't signed anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, esmort said:

 

They were just talking about OBJs bad qualities that caused the Giants to trade him earlier.

 

Among them ... he was supposed to be more of a team player and keep his mouth shut after his big pay day (not a contract stipulation, but a gentleman's/business mans understanding) ... which he didn't.  He also made a comment about not liking to drink water (which I had never heard before) but I guess it has led to 2nd half dehydration (performance) issues and he refuses to listen to trainers on increasing fluids.  There were some other issues listed I don't remember them all.

 

Secondly - We likely would not have gotten him for what Cleveland got him for ... it would have cost us significantly more, because he wanted to be with there with Landry so he didn't make the trade difficult.

 

I am not thrilled about Funchness, but you are too obsessed with the big names. 

 

I think Ballard will eventually be willing to take more chances on guys like AB, OBJ, etc ... after the locker room is more solidly built.

 

 

 

 

Not sure where you got this info. NFLN had a reporter...Kimberly Jones...that talked with him and he said Gettleman called him to inform him that the trade had happened.   He is overseas and he had no idea he was being traded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Once the locker room is set the locker room will influence the divas. If it isn’t strong the diva will influence the locker room.

 

Well said.    Wish I had thought to say that!    Much appreciated.     :thmup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something that I have thought of for some time but never expressed and not sure if it's been discussed on here is this:

 

Ballard's slow and methodical approach, building through the draft, rolling over capspace and finding value free agents is obviously his vision for at least the time being, and it looks good early on. But has anyone questioned on here if this is his way of building a roster slowly and using budgeted money that would normally go to contracts to invest in new facility upgrades (nearly $4 million last year in the new training facility and upgrades) and various projects that the organization was lacking. If Ballard can field a winning team, upgrade facilities/ improve the organization overall AND save the Irsay's tens of millions by not dishing out big contracts like his predecessor, what do you think they'll do for him? He mentioned the vision coming into Indy went well beyond the football field and into the entire scope of the organization. It makes sense to me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DerekDiggler said:

 

 

Not sure where you got this info. NFLN had a reporter...Kimberly Jones...that talked with him and he said Gettleman called him to inform him that the trade had happened.   He is overseas and he had no idea he was being traded.

 

If you believe that, I have some prime swampland for sale!  If he did not like where he was being traded he could have made it so difficult that the official trade would have not have happened tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said before and I will say it again, it is ok to question Ballard but complaining until you are blue in the face does no good. I trust Ballard after last years Draft and Free Agency. So until he gives me a reason not too my opinion on that will not change. Nelson and Leonard were knocks out of the park and so was the Ebron signing. I am not too happy with the Funchess signing but it is only for 1 year and who knows he may have a break out year? My guess is we draft a WR in Round 2 and bring Inman back but that is just a guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as the team wins that is the bottomline, results speak. We went 10-6 this past season and made the Elite 8 with a playoff win at Houston. It will only get better IMO with Luck now healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When I think of teams being aggressive in Free Agency and over spending going after the so-called superstars, I just think of the Jags last year and laugh. How did it work out for them? In 2015 Grigson wrecked our team by doing that as well. 

 

FA didn't wreck the Colts. Luck getting hurt and the inability to draft did.

 

I would also say that JAC actually did get to the AFC Championship...they just imploded last season without a QB and Fournette regressed...which was their identity. With Foles at the helm next season, I am expecting a better team.

 

To JAC's credit...they have actually signed starpower like Jackson, Campbell and Norwell...which is better than I can say for GB right now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As long as the team wins that is the bottomline, results speak. We went 10-6 this past season and made the Elite 8 with a playoff win at Houston. It will only get better IMO with Luck now healthy.

We will truly see where we are as a team.  Last year I believe we won because of how weak our schedule was.  This up coming year we have one of the toughest schedules.  So we will truly see where we are and can win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

 

FA didn't wreck the Colts. Luck getting hurt and the inability to draft did.

 

I would also say that JAC actually did get to the AFC Championship...they just imploded last season without a QB and Fournette regressed...which was their identity. With Foles at the helm next season, I am expecting a better team.

 

To JAC's credit...they have actually signed starpower like Jackson, Campbell and Norwell...which is better than I can say for GB right now.

 

Jags did all of that big spending last year like we did in 2015 and it got neither team nowhere after making the Title game the year before. I think we should spend and get more aggressive (the money is there) but just be wise about it. I am ok with not landing a player like Landon Collins for example. IMO he is overrated and can't cover very well. He got 6 years for 84 Mill, no way would I give him that type of money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Well Im just going to throw this out there. A lot of the people complaining about lack of free agent signings were also pounding the table for Nick Perry 2 years ago. 

 Well he just got released! Lets go get this All Pro in the making!! 

 

 #WeAllInOnPerryYall!!!

haha

That is a deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep forum reference lmao 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...