Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GusFring

Official complaints about Free Agency thread (merge)

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Browns are making it happen.  Raiders are making it happen.

 

Now OBJ?

 

Wow just wow.

 

Meanwhile we have Futchess.

 

Just lol at the Ballard rainbow colored supporters in here.

 

You're telling me we couldn't give a 1 and 3rd and Brisset for OBJ???

 

Only puppies and rainbows right guys?

that would be the stupidest trade we could make!   And even stupider for the Giants.

 

Do you remember the tantrums that OBJ had with the kicking net ?     He is in no way what Ballard is looking for 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, threeflight said:

With Ballard?  Will never happen.

I forget. What team are you GM of again? Outside of Madden 2018 that is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Having the most talent doesn’t win you a SB. Do you think NE always has the most talent.

And if throwing a ton of money around could win you a Super Bowl, the Jags would be home, polishing their Lombardi and flashing their bling-rings around right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Luck would break the td record with the browns wr combo

 

Can you call Ballard for me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DerekDiggler said:

that would be the stupidest trade we could make!   And even stupider for the Giants.

 

Do you remember the tantrums that OBJ had with the kicking net ?     He is in no way what Ballard is looking for 

Sorry but this is an insane post.

 

OBJ is an elite super elite talent.  Talent wise maybe the best ever.

 

I could care less if he kicked over a net.  He just wants to win.

 

He will with the Browns.  heckuva move by them.  Wow.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I forget. What team are you GM of again? Outside of Madden 2018 that is?

That isn't me saying that.  I would love for that to happen.

 

That is Ballard and the Ballard lovers on here saying it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazed you would waste so much time on that long post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HarryTheCat said:

And if throwing a ton of money around could win you a Super Bowl, the Jags would be home, polishing their Lombardi and flashing their bling-rings around right now. 

 

And bar biased ref with disgraceful calls favouring the Pats in the AFCCG against the Jags would have gone to the Super Bowl and likely won it. 

 

Also see Rams this year. It’s a valid approach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, threeflight said:

Sorry but this is an insane post.

 

OBJ is an elite super elite talent.  Talent wise maybe the best ever.

 

I could care less if he kicked over a net.  He just wants to win.

 

He will with the Browns.  heckuva move by them.  Wow.

That isn't me saying that.  I would love for that to happen.

 

That is Ballard and the Ballard lovers on here saying it.

No its stupid.  Why would the Giants want Jacoby and not have anyone for him to throw to?   

To give up OBJ would meant they are throwing in the towel on the team, an going full rebuild.   

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DerekDiggler said:

No its stupid.  Why would the Giants want Jacoby and not have anyone for him to throw to?   

To give up OBJ would meant they are throwing in the towel on the team, an going full rebuild.   

 

 

I don't care what the Giants are doing.  And if you had told me you could have OBJ for a first, a third, and a future third or second and Brisset?

 

I do that all day every day and twice on Sunday.

 

Imagine Luck throwing to TY on one side and OBJ on the other.  My word.

 

But of course the Colts can't do that......because of 'reasons'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, threeflight said:

I don't care what the Giants are doing.  And if you had told me you could have OBJ for a first, a third, and a future third or second and Brisset?

 

I do that all day every day and twice on Sunday.

 

Imagine Luck throwing to TY on one side and OBJ on the other.  My word.

 

But of course the Colts can't do that......because of 'reasons'.

I'm glad Ballard agrees with me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ballard has to roll cap into future years because he'll want to re sign Hooker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what you guys expect Ballard to do? We were tied with Collins and Mosley and you saw the insane contracts they got. We also got outbid for Preston Smith by the packers who actually have a 3-4 defense. Some times things dont work out, but anyone saying Ballard is sitting on his hands are incorrect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DougDew said:

Ballard has to roll cap into future years because he'll want to re sign Hooker.

Haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CR91 said:

Not sure what you guys expect Ballard to do? We were tied with Collins and Mosley and you saw the insane contracts they got. We also got outbid for Preston Smith by the packers who actually have a 3-4 defense. Some times things work put, but anyone saying Ballard is sotting on his hands are incorrect

Hunt, Bell, OBJ and AB were all out there to acquire.

 

You will never find 4 players of that caliber available the same year in maybe ever.

 

Ballard did zip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread sadly shows people love a train wreck more then anything..:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stole this from another site with my own words added in.  Read it and weep.

 

Just take at the last 7-8 teams to go to the super bowl. What do you see?

Seattle
Denver
New England
Atlanta
Carolina
Philly
LA

These teams all use free agency actively. We should be similarly thoughtfully aggressive in free agency, not dormant, not crazy. Probably should be a bit more aggressive than what we are now.

 

All of the Super Bowl winning teams since the Colts won (including the Colts in 07) were at the bottom of the league in cap space during their winning season. This list is skewed by injury and lack of QB play. We have Luck who by himself gets us in the playoffs. If Ballard can’t budget a team full of rookies and second year players with 1 maybe 2 premium signings with 100m in cap space he wouldn’t be a GM. It has nothing to do with money, it can’t. Makes no sense mathematically with how you can structure contracts. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IinD said:

This thread sadly shows people love a train wreck more then anything..:)

It also show that there is a very low football IQ with all but about 25%of the posters on this board.  Maybe less than that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, threeflight said:

Hunt, Bell, OBJ and AB were all out there to acquire.

 

You will never find 4 players of that caliber available the same year in maybe ever.

 

Ballard did zip.

You also may not find 4 players the same year with larger questionable character issues either. Of course that I am sure is not in the least a concern to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Hunt, Bell, OBJ and AB were all out there to acquire.

 

You will never find 4 players of that caliber available the same year in maybe ever.

 

Ballard did zip.

 

Hunt is getting suspended and you don't if we offered a trade or not for brown and Beckham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DerekDiggler said:

It also show that there is a very low football IQ with all but about 25%of the posters on this board.  Maybe less than that.  

I am constantly amazed at how some of you take cheap shots like that at people who disagree with you. Reminds me so much of how our political landscape is today.

 

So people disagree with you.  So what.  Agree to disagree, make your point, and leave personal shots out of it.  

 

Ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DerekDiggler said:

It also show that there is a very low football IQ with all but about 25%of the posters on this board.  Maybe less than that.  

I'm not touching that, but I hear you.

 

I'm simply stating this thread has had probably 50+ topics already.. No flow, rhyme or reason. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IinD said:

This thread sadly shows people love a train wreck more then anything..:)

No people want to win and the browns look like a better team on paper than we do currently 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hoosierhawk said:

You also may not find 4 players the same year with larger questionable character issues either. Of course that I am sure is not in the least a concern to you.

If they were choir boys they probably wouldn't be playing football and they probably could not have been gotten for the price that they were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stephen said:

No people want to win and the browns look like a better team on paper than we do currently 

I know you know there's still a LOONG way to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stephen said:

No people want to win and the browns look like a better team on paper than we do currently 

Yeah they do. But to be fair... that’s not the first time. Rarely ever does a team that “wins” in FA win during the regular season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Free Agency complaint threads merged...

 

Would have been better if they were deleted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, threeflight said:

 

Again with the reading comprehension issue.   The article does NOT say what you think it says.   

 

The article supports Ballard.   It backs Ballard.   It tells the reader to trust Ballard, none of which you do.

 

Youre posting so fast you don’t let yourself even think for a minute.  Think.   Take a moment and think.   This isn’t a game show where you have to post or risk the buzzer signifying times up.

 

By the way...   all your arguments say you think you’re smarter than Ballard. You’re not.   Not even close.   And the sooner you realize this the better off you’ll be.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stephen said:

No people want to win and the browns look like a better team on paper than we do currently 

Exactly.

 

My whole point is if you have Luck in his prime...coming off a 10-6 record, with a gaping hole at wr, if you aren't going to spend the $100 M now, when are you?

 

I hope people do realize we have to spend it next year no matter what.  So what happens? We are forced to overpay players just to meet the salary cap specifications instead of getting elite players now?

 

I'm sorry but the contracts of Brown and OBJ are not outlandish at all.  They will earn every penny of it, especially with the salary cap going up every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yeah they do. But to be fair... that’s not the first time. Rarely ever does a team that “wins” in FA win during the regular season. 

I actually just proved that wrong.

 

Just take at the last 7-8 teams to go to the super bowl. What do you see?

Seattle
Denver
New England
Atlanta
Carolina
Philly
LA

These teams all use free agency actively. We should be similarly thoughtfully aggressive in free agency, not dormant, not crazy. Probably should be a bit more aggressive than what we are now.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, threeflight said:

If they were choir boys they probably wouldn't be playing football and they probably could not have been gotten for the price that they were.

Choir boys they are not. Good teammates? Very questionable or they certainly would have cost more. They didn't  cost much but they got paid well. If you want a locker full of malcontents more power to you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, threeflight said:

Exactly.

 

My whole point is if you have Luck in his prime...coming off a 10-6 record, with a gaping hole at wr, if you aren't going to spend the $100 M now, when are you?

 

I hope people do realize we have to spend it next year no matter what.  So what happens? We are forced to overpay players just to meet the salary cap specifications instead of getting elite players now?

 

I'm sorry but the contracts of Brown and OBJ are not outlandish at all.  They will earn every penny of it, especially with the salary cap going up every year.

That money is going to be gone very fast when all our stars are up. Leonard is probably going to get a 100m contract. Nelson’s will be gigantic. Kelly, Luck, Hilton, more will all be up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

 

Would have been better if they were deleted.

Why?  Because only puppies and rainbow thoughts about Ballard are allowed?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hoosierhawk said:

Choir boys they are not. Good teammates? Very questionable or they certainly would have cost more. I you want a locker full of malcontents more power to you. 

If OBJ was a good teammate and a leader he would not of been traded. He is only 26 yo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, threeflight said:

$13 M for Funchess is not value.


It's a major reach and an overspend and it prevents you from getting who you really should have gone after...AB or OBJ.  That is my issue with it.  Fine if you want to add Funchess as a side piece....but don't depend on that guy when we have nothing else but Hilton.

In my opinion when it comes to skill positions Ballard is always going to draft rather than trade or make splash signings. Whether it RB,WR etc. It's his style. He's not going to sway on it. You mentioned AB and OBJ. He's looking at this years draft and sees a ton of WR talent. Everyone should have known we weren't getting Bell, AB or a laundry list of others at skill positions. It's not that hard of a concept to understand. The man literally said it in his first press conference. He would prefer to grow his own. AB nor OBJ or Bell fit the mold he wants for the Coltsor the locker room. Anyone who has taken the time to listen to him knew how this was going to play out. I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Exactly.

 

My whole point is if you have Luck in his prime...coming off a 10-6 record, with a gaping hole at wr, if you aren't going to spend the $100 M now, when are you?

 

I hope people do realize we have to spend it next year no matter what.  So what happens? We are forced to overpay players just to meet the salary cap specifications instead of getting elite players now?

 

I'm sorry but the contracts of Brown and OBJ are not outlandish at all.  They will earn every penny of it, especially with the salary cap going up every year.

 

Ballard was literally asked about any potential cap problems it worries down the road.    He basically said they monitor the cap every day and they have no worries at all going forward.  Said he wasn’t worried at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, IinD said:

This thread sadly shows people love a train wreck more then anything..:)

 

What it really shows is Colts fans don't care about the playoffs.  Ballard will learn that soon enough.  He had a great offseason in 2018, but that only got you to 10-6.  We've had plenty of division titles, plenty of playoff appearances.  If the Colts make the playoffs this year, it will be 18 of the past 25 years.  Colts fans are looking for rings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, threeflight said:

I actually just proved that wrong.

 

Just take at the last 7-8 teams to go to the super bowl. What do you see?

Seattle
Denver
New England
Atlanta
Carolina
Philly
LA

These teams all use free agency actively. We should be similarly thoughtfully aggressive in free agency, not dormant, not crazy. Probably should be a bit more aggressive than what we are now.

 

 

Ballard was a finalist in a lot of these deals. What more do you want. So you stop and think a player may not want to come here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

That money is going to be gone very fast when all our stars are up. Leonard is probably going to get a 100m contract. Nelson’s will be gigantic. Kelly, Luck, Hilton, more will all be up.

How many players on our team are even worth spending that kind if money on?

 

Nelson yes but that is years away.  Same with the other players from the 2018 class.

Kelly maybe maybe not.  I like him but I don't think you risk a huge payday on a guy who gets hurt all of the time. And he is a center.  Very low important position.

Hilton in 2 years at age 33?  No.

 

I mean we are not exactly loaded with great players.


If we are going to save all of our money for what may or may not happen down the road than lets just say whoever ends up with the most money left under the salary cap wins the super bowl ever year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • That changes with the wins and losses.  As always, things are never as good as they seem just as they are not as bad as advertised. 
    • He may turn out to be a decent pro, I really don't know. You are better than me at analyzing college players. I just don't watch enough college games to try and guess who will be a good or great pro. I have seen Burrow and Tua play some but it is because they are always on TV. I have looked up Jordan Love on youtube lately because you guys think he may end up being a good pro. To me the draft is fun, mocks are fun to read too, but the draft is also a crapshoot. Teams have to get lucky and guess a lot, like KC did with Mahomes. Baltimore did with Lamar too. With Luck we just knew he would be good to great. For so many good QB's there has been many that have been busts like Ware, Mirer, Shuler, Leaf, Couch, Harrington, J.Russell, RG3, Mariota, etc.. When those guys came out they were labeled as can't miss pro's. = Will be good at worse. Thank God we took Manning instead of Leaf.
    • Yeah, not a great game for him. He still made some nice throws, but the consistency wasn't there. He had some very questionable accuracy on several important throws that he needed to make.      This was a beautiful throw though. He had several NFL type throws even in this game in which he played far from his best. The lack of consistency is why he won't go day 1 or 2. If he was more consistent we wouldn't be talking about him as an "under the radar"/day 3 QB.      Nah, he needed better accuracy on his throws and needed to get rid off the ball more quickly on several occasions. His OLine didn't help either. 
    • I like him too and think as a starter he can win games, things just aren't going our way right now. Losing that Houston game ruined the season.
    • Best back up in the league, quality guy, I like him.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...