Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tampering Day 2

I starting putting all these tweets in the other thread but decided at 20+ pages, its a PITA to follow and sort through.  

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

betting Desir wont be back.

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Hmmm

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

source?

Today will be an interesting watch

• Like 1

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Hmmm... Maybe I was wrong and we are looking at Bell...

Follow the big spenders. I think we are at the back of this list. Not sure why the Texans are on this list, unless they plan to release Lamar Miller. Jets or Ravens would be the likely spots

Just now, csmopar said:

Also, not a Tweet but Dan Orlosky just said on ESPN that Bell's second destination for visits today is.... Indianapolis.

For what it's worth

People laughed at the guy who talked about trading Mack.  

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Follow the big spenders. I think we are at the back of this list. Not sure why the Texans are on this list, unless they plan to release Lamar Miller. Jets or Ravens would be the likely spots

While I agree, with the bigger names in media picking up that he's allegedly visiting here, I would say there is some fire where previously I thought we wouldn't even glance his direction. 

2 minutes ago, #12. said:

I'd keep both lol

If they did sign Bell, it would be a gut, instinct move.  Conventional wisdom would say not to do it.  

yeah, at this point, its likely with the insane contracts being given out that Bell signs for 25 mil per or more, wherever that ends up.  with a LOT of guaranteed money.

16 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Also, not a Tweet but Dan Orlosky just said on ESPN that Bell's second destination for visits today is.... Indianapolis.

For what it's worth

Pretty sure you’re not allowed to have visits before the actual start of FA. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Geez how much money do the jets have left? They got to be getting close to tapping out.

Just now, boo2202 said:

Geez how much money do the jets have left? They got to be getting close to tapping out.

And don’t forget last year’s FA group they spent on.

Trumaine Johnson, Avery Williamson, Isaiah Crowell. They also signed guys like Spencer Long and Terrell Pryor but aren’t on the team anymore.

11 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

by my rough math, they started with 82 mil and change, down to roughly 27 mil and change after all the reported agreements.

1 minute ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I don't understand this comment. didn't free agency begin yesterday at 4pm EDT?

no. Tampering period started at 12pm yesterday.  FA actually begins Wednesday at 4pm.  Just a TON of agreements have been made prior.

• Like 1

Where are all the people that said "Ballard won't even give Lev Bell the time of day, hurrumph hurrumph hurrumph...I know everything about the Colts!" Haha come on out, we know you're out there, cuz there were like 108 of you. Why wouldn't they look at Lev? Dude is arguably the most dynamic weapon in football, and he's  AVAILABLE! We have the $ to frontload the crap out of his deal...plus, all of the defensive players are signing for twice what they're worth, may as well pay Lev. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I bet Ballard is kicking himself for not signing Desir and Geathers before FA.  They will be to expensive to being back now. He is also thinking of all the money the colts are going to have to dish out in a couple of years. These contracts are ridiculous.

Not really.  You have to have a plan in place that you know is more than good before you make those types of moves.  I'm sure he's got his targets and moves mapped out.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I bet Ballard is kicking himself for not signing Desir and Geathers before FA.  They will be to expensive to being back now. He is also thinking of all the money the colts are going to have to dish out in a couple of years. These contracts are ridiculous.

I believe they were prepared to let Desir go.  Geathers - I'm not sure it will matter.  He's pretty far down the list and safety money will dry up.  

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Desir maybe. Doubt there is much of a market for the other guy

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

meh.  both are relatively replaceable.  Only one I'm gonna really miss is Desir.

Just now, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Where are all the people that said "Ballard won't even give Lev Bell the time of day, hurrumph hurrumph hurrumph...I know everything about the Colts!" Haha come on out, we know you're out there, cuz there were like 108 of you. Why wouldn't they look at Lev? Dude is arguably the most dynamic weapon in football, and he's  AVAILABLE! We have the $ to frontload the crap out of his deal...plus, all of the defensive players are signing for twice what they're worth, may as well pay Lev. 

I'll stand up and say it( I already did an hour ago), I was wrong.  HOWEVER, nothing solid has been confirmed yet so don't be celebrating anything just yet.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I'll stand up and say it( I already did an hour ago), I was wrong.  HOWEVER, nothing solid has been confirmed yet so don't be celebrating anything just yet.

Right lol. How are people beating their chest about a player that isnt signed lol

• Thanks 1

Just now, csmopar said:

I'm not gonna be the guy that everyone was to me, and be a pretentious d-head. You have a ridiculously talented commodity, and a team with an abundance of resources available to acquire said commodity...it's really not that outlandish of a proposition/concept. It's unlikely to happen, and I know that, but they're obviously doing their due diligence...and they'd be moronic not to. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

I never understood the posters with the "I told you so" mentality. That's not even the case in this circumstance as more rumors continue to fly. He hasn't signed....Just baffling.

We're all wrong; All of us.

Just now, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

I'm not gonna be the guy that everyone was to me, and be a pretentious d-head. You have a ridiculously talented commodity, and a team with an abundance of resources available to acquire said commodity...it's really not that outlandish of a proposition/concept. It's unlikely to happen, and I know that, but they're obviously doing their due diligence...and they'd be moronic not to. 

I agree. Now, I will admit, I figured with Ballard's history and the history of RBs having a short career, I just didn't see him actually pursuing him.  

• Like 1