Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ColtsBlueFL

Mosley to the Jets

Recommended Posts

The Browns, Colts, and Jets were linked to be interested in him, but the Jets sign him.

 

Sources tell Rapoport that Mosley is expected to sign a 5-year, $85 million deal, with $51 million guaranteed. That equates to $17 million a year.

 

The first wave of FA always creates massive contracts.  Ballard won't go beyond their 'value' on each player, so desperate teams will over pay and outbid the Colts (like Collins, etc...).  But he and Barr are nice additions to the Jets.

 

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/reports-cj-mosley-to-sign-with-new-york-jets/26794004

 

In a note about free agency overall, Charlie Weiss believes the Colts (and other good teams) are waiting for the dust to settle, then there will some good pieces out there at decent prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

We ain't getting him either, but I think it's a great deal for the Jets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

85 million with $51 million in guaranteed money. 5 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CheezyColt said:

 

 

That's EDGE money. Good for Mosley.

 

 

Franchise tag for LB is $15.4 million, but FA will get Mosley 17 per.  Tag number for Safety is $11.1 million, but (in the box) Collins gets 14 per.  The first wave of FA has no bargains.  Will the players produce at the $ value, or cap strap their team(s) in getting/keeping supporting players help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait for the resident GM's view on this one. The ones that know everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cleveland will have a very strong DL. They are signing Sheldon Richardson to a 3 year deal. They acquired Olivier Vernon last weekend. That is to go along with Ogbah, Garrett, and Ogunjobi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once again the dumb teams spend dumb money on other teams castoffs. He's a good player, but at that money? Not even close..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

$17M a year? Holy crap. 

Yep... I’d have liked us to sign him... but not for that kind of $$$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, colts8718 said:

Jets will never change

Literally building a team through FA. We see how that worked for the Jags

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, IinD said:

Can't wait for the resident GM's view on this one. The ones that know everything.

 

I believe Colts were involved trying to land him, but Ballard will not get in a bidding war, not at this stage of the game. Jets had cap space, large market, and desire to land 'big names'. So it will look like we are not doing much in FA, but actually are, it'sjust Colts are not going to empty the pockets right now in this inflated period and will wait for the dust to settle and prices to fall before diving in full steam into the market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joke of a contract. Good for him but bad for business. Prime example of why I like a Ballard’s approach. They just signed him and Barr for a lot of money. Still have needs at other positions and are talking about trading previous top picks in Lee. You spend to much and lose guys you spent high picks on. Terrible for longevity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Joke of a contract. Good for him but bad for business. Prime example of why I like a Ballard’s approach. They just signed him and Barr for a lot of money. Still have needs at other positions and are talking about trading previous top picks in Lee. You spend to much and lose guys you spent high picks on. Terrible for longevity. 

They need and offensive line so what do they do go for D typical JETS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...annnnd that's why the Jets will always revel in mediocrity. If they gave Mosley 80+ mil, they're probably priming up to give Lev Bell like 150 mil haha, Lev's gonna get MLB money from the Jets. They'll eventually have so much cap $ tied into a few players that they'll only be fielding like 7 on offense and 6 on defense...but, they'll be reaaaally good players, so it will most likely make up for the numerical deficiency. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

I believe Colts were involved trying to land him, but Ballard will not get in a bidding war, not at this stage of the game. Jets had cap space, large market, and desire to land 'big names'. So it will look like we are not doing much in FA, but actually are, it'sjust Colts are not going to empty the pockets right now in this inflated period and will wait for the dust to settle and prices to fall before diving in full steam into the market.

Agreed.

 

I'm just speaking on the folks who are sure to say we didn't do anything so far and we're cheap and don't value winning because we don't want to pay an ILB 80+ million.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Joke of a contract. Good for him but bad for business. Prime example of why I like a Ballard’s approach. They just signed him and Barr for a lot of money. Still have needs at other positions and are talking about trading previous top picks in Lee. You spend to much and lose guys you spent high picks on. Terrible for longevity. 

 

Their GM is probably standing on thin ice. He doesn't care much about longevity or losing players in few years. He's gotta win now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the good teams dont have much money besides the colts, thats why they havent done anything yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This also shows me that Walker is not a sure fire starter at ILB, if Ballard feels better options are available in FA or the draft. Just my two cents. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chad72 said:

This also shows me that Walker is not a sure fire starter at ILB, if Ballard feels better options are available in FA or the draft. Just my two cents. 

 

Walker has been liking lots of Colts fans twitter posts, wanting the Colts to sign CJ Mosley lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...