Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign Devin Funchess (Merge)

CR91

Better than giving Williams $50M I guess. But man...Funchess is a big slow WR. That is a lot of change for a guy with middling production. Would have much rather given Parker a one-year deal.

Since it's a one-year deal...I truly hope they still double dip at WR.

• Like 2

Golden Tate, Tyrell Williams, Adam Humphries... 

... and we get Devin Funchess.

The guy can’t get any separation and he drops balls. 

What on earth is Ballard thinking? It’s a one year deal but the player could and should have been much better.

• Like 4

"Per multiple reports, the Colts have agreed to terms with receiver Devin Funchess. It’s a one-year deal with a maximum value of $13 million. The base value will be lower than that, perhaps considerably."

3 minutes ago, James said:

and we get Devin Funchess.

What on earth is Ballard thinking?

Hmmm same thing said about Ebron 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

And the crowd goes mild. But seriously, I don't feel too strongly one way or the other on this, especially since it's only a one year deal.

The length of the deal makes it less crappy I guess. But Funchess is a bum. Slow...low catch %...and no RAC.  

I guess this is supposed to be Ballard's Alshon Jeffrey. Not a fan of this.

9 minutes ago, James said:

... and we get Devin Funchess.

What on earth is Ballard thinking? It’s a one year deal but the player could and should have been much better.

Golden Tate sucks and is old. Tyrell Williams will sign a Landon Collins-esque dumb contract. And, Adam Humphries... lol, no.

Ballard had one of the best offseasons in history last year, people. Maybe cut him a little slack.

• Like 4

Well, I think this tells you several things. 

1. The Colts aren't signing Tyrell Williams. (obvious). The price was too high. 

2. The Colts only signed Funchess for one year. It's a prove it deal in one sense but very expensive. But...only one year. They are obviously going to see what they have with the current group and whomever they draft. And if Funchess proves to be the second coming of Jerry Rice, they have the inside track on signing him. I wouldn't hold my breath, though.

3. And, speaking of the draft........ prepare for the Colts using one of their high picks for a WR. I think that's happening. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not wild about the move,  I'm not a Funchess fan.   But at least it's only 1-year.  

We'll try again next year.

We'll also draft at least one WR in April.   Maybe more?

We have to. If funchess is our number 2 we will be in trouble. 

• Thanks 1

Feels a lot like the Ebron signing.  Not a big name, former high draft pick, underperformed/didn't live up to draft status/hype, had a previous issue with drops.  That's a lot of money to give him, but if we aren't gonna sign big names to get to the floor, I have no problem with giving him more on a 1 year deal.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm done. Collins goes for $14 million and we sign a garbage receiver in Funchess for $13 million. F Ballard. Can't take this anymore.

It’ll be okay. Plenty of talent yet to add! Free agency and all of dem picks.

• Like 1