Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CR91

Colts sign Devin Funchess (Merge)

And the crowd goes mild. But seriously, I don't feel too strongly one way or the other on this, especially since it's only a one year deal.

Definitely paid him more than what he's worth, but I'm okay with it considering it's for one year. 

I actually reallllly like Funchess. He will ball with Luck. It will be another Ebron scenario 

Better than giving Williams $50M I guess. But man...Funchess is a big slow WR. That is a lot of change for a guy with middling production. Would have much rather given Parker a one-year deal.

Since it's a one-year deal...I truly hope they still double dip at WR.

Basically he averaged 40 receptions, 600yds and 5td a year with Cam stupid Newton as his QB. I predict 65 receptions, 900yds and 7 TDS. If he locks on as a red zone threat we will be in really good shape. Good signing and helps meeting cap minimum

Golden Tate, Tyrell Williams, Adam Humphries... 

... and we get Devin Funchess.

The guy can’t get any separation and he drops balls. 

What on earth is Ballard thinking? It’s a one year deal but the player could and should have been much better.

"Per multiple reports, the Colts have agreed to terms with receiver Devin Funchess. It’s a one-year deal with a maximum value of $13 million. The base value will be lower than that, perhaps considerably."

Not wild about the move,  I'm not a Funchess fan.   But at least it's only 1-year.  

We'll try again next year.

We'll also draft at least one WR in April.   Maybe more?

3 minutes ago, James said:

and we get Devin Funchess.

What on earth is Ballard thinking?

Hmmm same thing said about Ebron 

So, it's basically 1 year for $10 million. 

I wonder what people were saying about Ebron when Ballard signed him? I’m sure overrated and can’t catch the ball..

2 minutes ago, James said:

What on earth is Ballard thinking? It’s a one year deal but the player could and should have been much better.

How quickly they forget.     You really think you know more about Funchess than Chris Ballard and his team?      Get a grip.

What he's thinking is that the market for WR's went way over his comfort level and so he dropped out of the bidding when the numbers went crazy.    And he got a WR he can work with for 1-year.    Too long?     Should we have tried to sign him for a game to game contract?    You think that happens?

Ballard is the most disciplined GM in football.    He sets a number and when things get way, way out of whack,  he walks away.     Good for him.    Good for the club.   

Nobody was really happy a year ago when we signed Eric Ebron.     How'd that work out?

11 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

And the crowd goes mild. But seriously, I don't feel too strongly one way or the other on this, especially since it's only a one year deal.

The length of the deal makes it less crappy I guess. But Funchess is a bum. Slow...low catch %...and no RAC.  

I guess this is supposed to be Ballard's Alshon Jeffrey. Not a fan of this.

9 minutes ago, James said:

Golden Tate sucks and is old. Tyrell Williams will sign a Landon Collins-esque dumb contract. And, Adam Humphries... lol, no.

Ballard had one of the best offseasons in history last year, people. Maybe cut him a little slack.

I'm done. Collins goes for $14 million and we sign a garbage receiver in Funchess for $13 million. F Ballard. Can't take this anymore.

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Naw I liked ebron signing. Funchess I'm not a big fan of.

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

And if the Colts didn't have Ebron at TE...I might be be alright with Funcess in that role. But as a WR2...no thanks.

Well, I think this tells you several things. 

1. The Colts aren't signing Tyrell Williams. (obvious). The price was too high. 

2. The Colts only signed Funchess for one year. It's a prove it deal in one sense but very expensive. But...only one year. They are obviously going to see what they have with the current group and whomever they draft. And if Funchess proves to be the second coming of Jerry Rice, they have the inside track on signing him. I wouldn't hold my breath, though.

3. And, speaking of the draft........ prepare for the Colts using one of their high picks for a WR. I think that's happening. 

Funchess is 24 years old, 6'4 WR.

He had Cam Newton's inaccurate arm throwing it to him. Cant judge him on that.

We have a year to judge it, I think he is going to have a great year with Luck.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm done. Collins goes for $14 million and we sign a garbage receiver in Funchess for $13 million. F Ballard. Can't take this anymore.

Lmao... there's the door. Don't let it hit you on the way out.

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not wild about the move,  I'm not a Funchess fan.   But at least it's only 1-year.  

We'll try again next year.

We'll also draft at least one WR in April.   Maybe more?

We have to. If funchess is our number 2 we will be in trouble. 

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Are you serious?

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm done. Collins goes for $14 million and we sign a garbage receiver in Funchess for $13 million. F Ballard. Can't take this 

COLLINS got $84 million with $45 million guaranteed. 

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Bye Felicia....we don't need any fair weather fans anyway!

Feels a lot like the Ebron signing.  Not a big name, former high draft pick, underperformed/didn't live up to draft status/hype, had a previous issue with drops.  That's a lot of money to give him, but if we aren't gonna sign big names to get to the floor, I have no problem with giving him more on a 1 year deal.

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It’ll be okay. Plenty of talent yet to add! Free agency and all of dem picks.

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

i was actually pretty stoked when we signed ebron, i did think he would do something here

this one feels like we over paid a bit to fill a need.