Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So much for free agency...

Mr_486lo

I don't have an issue with not signing Collins.

That was an overpay.

But not trading for AB?  At a huge position of need?  For a 3rd and a 5th?????

For one of the greatest WRs of all time?

That is called being too cocky and thinking guys like Inman can be someone as good as AB.

It's foolish.  It's stupid.  It is being too full of yourself.

Trading for AB and signing him to an extension would have set the Colts offense up for the next 4 years.  And it would not have broken the bank by any means.

Just stupid stupid stupid.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Please,  tell us?

Where was the "positive" part of your opinion?      Most can't seem to find that.

You seemed like a desperate,  whiney fan....     "Please!   Give me an exciting new toy for Christmas!"

Sit on Chris Ballard's lap and ask him. I'm sure he'd ignore you like I should have. 

29 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Why is trading for a DE out of question?

I am not saying it won't happen, but I will say I would be surprised to see us give up draft picks or a player (outside of our back up QB) for another player.  Those trades (player for player) usually happen at the end of all the fun (think our crappy WR for JB) A top DE for a top Colts player seem quite unlikely.  

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Um.. Free Agency technically hasn’t started yet. And good grief, if a GM tried to make every fan happy, nothing would ever get done. We can’t even get fans on this forum to agree.

Yeah, If you're a GM and you listen to the fans you become one of them. Ballard knows what he's doing. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, threeflight said:

I don't have an issue with not signing Collins.

That was an overpay.

But not trading for AB?  At a huge position of need?  For a 3rd and a 5th?????

For one of the greatest WRs of all time?

That is called being too cocky and thinking guys like Inman can be someone as good as AB.

It's foolish.  It's stupid.  It is being too full of yourself.

Trading for AB and signing him to an extension would have set the Colts offense up for the next 4 years.  And it would not have broken the bank by any means.

Just stupid stupid stupid.

And 31 other teams also opted not to play............  I guess EVERYONE is stupid........

The guy IS talented........  

But his team was trying for a playoff spot, he was well paid, and decided to sit it out.... under a fat contract, that he already spent the signing bonus

That is a LOW character move

Did you see the clips where he is mouthing off to his position coaches and pushing back their hands on the side line when they were just trying to calm him down?

Did you see him slinging the water jugs?

This guy isnt a fit for the Colts........ 

If you think the organization is THAT..... STUPID, STUPID, STUPID......... (sigh)

I used to say that when I was 12

Maybe you would be happier at this forum.......

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/

As for me..... high character...... ALL THE WAY

3 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

If a fan likes FA acquisitions, Redskins are a great franchise to follow. 

This one, thank goodness, is not. 

neither team has won anything lately, i dont think you really have a point here

44 minutes ago, Mr_486lo said:

Does anyone respect opinions anymore? I dislike internet thugs. Always got something negative to say. 

Soooooo, it's ok to have a negative opinion, but not ok for someone to have a negative opinion...about my negative opinion? And that makes them an internet thug?

51 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

We knew this thread was coming. 

That didn’t make it any less ridiculous though. 

Such a pity. 

Yeah, amazing that people get surprised by our process, when Ballard literally lays out his plan weeks before free agency begins... 

Heck he’s been restating it over and over again in his interviews...

2 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I thought that this exact thing is what madden is for. Sign and trade for all the guys you want then get yourself into cap hell and then edit your guys and drop their salary to half all while telling yourself that your madden team is so good that “these guys” all agreed to restructured contracts “for the better of the team” while trouncing your way to 10 straight super bowl wins.

am I right or am I right ?

:cheer:

Its my damn game, I'll play it any way I damn well please! And my team is good dangit! Even the UDFAs are coming along nicely...

• MTC locked this topic