Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So much for free agency...

Mr_486lo

Trading for a DE is definitely out the question (my opinion), Collins is gone, Flowers is gone. This is the time to make your fans happy and splash a little bit. One can only hope that CJ Mosley is picked up by us or even L. Bell. Our season was stellar but it could be better this year. We can win now with the right pieces from free agency and the draft. I know its early in free agency but come on Chris Ballard! Give us somebody...PLEASE!!!!

3 minutes ago, Mr_486lo said:

Trading for a DE is definitely out the question (my opinion), Collins is gone, Flowers is gone. This is the time to make your fans happy and splash a little bit. One can only hope that CJ Mosley is picked up by us or even L. Bell. Our season was stellar but it could be better this year. We can win now with the right pieces from free agency and the draft. I know its early in free agency but come on Chris Ballard! Give us somebody...PLEASE!!!!

I agree spend a little bit of that money take a small chance if its the right fit you never know it could take this team to the next level.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mr_486lo said:

Um.. Free Agency technically hasn’t started yet. And good grief, if a GM tried to make every fan happy, nothing would ever get done. We can’t even get fans on this forum to agree.

• Like 2

I thought that this exact thing is what madden is for. Sign and trade for all the guys you want then get yourself into cap hell and then edit your guys and drop their salary to half all while telling yourself that your madden team is so good that “these guys” all agreed to restructured contracts “for the better of the team” while trouncing your way to 10 straight super bowl wins.

am I right or am I right ?

:cheer:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mr_486lo said:

Time to make your fans happy?? That is hilarious. Ballard is working on building a team and not making you happy. Every year people expect him to spend big on whatever name you hope for and it doesn’t happen. It’s because he is smarter than that. 

• Like 2

The same teams spend a bundle in FA all the time, and they usually pick high in the draft to. This is the time of year that teams will regret a couple years from now. I thought Collins and Flowers were waaaaaay overrated and for the money they got the Redskins and Lions will be paying for it for years to come. We'll get a few, maybe that San Diego WR, maybe a few others. But in the end we're going to take care of our own.

16 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Technically free agency hasn’t started tho 

I’m worried some of y’all don’t know how to read. Cause you know that Ballard has BEEN saying this is his FA philosophy for like 2 years now, right?

When you have non stop news tying half the players to teams (and only on rare occasions does it fall through) the point they are making is valid.  But yours is more relevant.  Ballard isn't going to break the bank even for players perceived to be worth it.  I am hoping still for a couple players I had in mind, (which is all part of the fun) but they may well cost too much as well.  I wanted Landon Collins, but for NOWHERE NEAR the price he went for, yikes!  So you're right, but cut people some slack, the names are falling pretty heavy already.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mr_486lo said:

You can’t be serious  Do you pay attention when CB talks 

33 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

When our the Colts going to sign  own key FA.... before we lose them too....

We have signed the key guys. We are letting guys test the market after the market is set I think we bring some other guys back. Farley and Desir top the list and Geathers is likely to be back too IMO. Rogers and/or Inman could be.back but neither are key moving  forward.  

8 minutes ago, Mr_486lo said:

If players are getting signed (whether overpaid or not) it has begun.

That's pretty much true.

They're gonna spend, though.  How many players who were realistic targets of the Colts signed elsewhere today?  One?  I never thought Flowers was realistic.  Humphries could have been, but I never heard the Colts mentioned in connection with him.

Just now, AwesomeAustin said:

So the tampering period is 12hrs old and people are already upset?!?  Ballard didn’t sign any big names last year and we made the playoffs. He knows more than what these people think.  Geesh 

Doesn't matter if he knows more than us, it matters if he knows more than 31 other GM's. A SB win in the future will prove Ballard right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr_486lo said:

Why is trading for a DE out of question?

Just now, #12. said:

That's pretty much true.

They're gonna spend, though.  How many players who were realistic targets of the Colts signed elsewhere today?  One?  I never thought Flowers was realistic.  Humphries could have been, but I never heard the Colts mentioned in connection with him.

Not really sure. I understand CB wants to build through the draft but if there are young bulls out there that can help achieve the ultimate goal...pull the trigger. Of course I'm not a GM but I am a fan that can wish. That's all.

9 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

When you have non stop news tying half the players to teams (and only on rare occasions does it fall through) the point they are making is valid.  But yours is more relevant.  Ballard isn't going to break the bank even for players perceived to be worth it.  I am hoping still for a couple players I had in mind, (which is all part of the fun) but they may well cost too much as well.  I wanted Landon Collins, but for NOWHERE NEAR the price he went for, yikes!  So you're right, but cut people some slack, the names are falling pretty heavy already.  

Hey I'm not gonna lie, I'm bummed that we missed out on Collins, or that Humphries is heading to a rival, or that we couldn't get Flowers. I like those players. But I don't love em. And Ballard has already told us that he isn't all about getting the top guys if the value is wrong. 

I fully expect the Colts to be active, but likely in the second wave of FA. The mid tier guys who missed out on contracts they wanted, or lower tier guys for depth. We got Ebron, Autry, Hunt etc from that market. I'm confident we'll find productive players there too. 

53 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I thought that this exact thing is what madden is for. Sign and trade for all the guys you want then get yourself into cap hell and then edit your guys and drop their salary to half all while telling yourself that your madden team is so good that “these guys” all agreed to restructured contracts “for the better of the team” while trouncing your way to 10 straight super bowl wins.

JAC is signing Nick Foles...cap hell is overrated.

2 minutes ago, Mr_486lo said:

Not really sure. I understand CB wants to build through the draft but if there are young bulls out there that can help achieve the ultimate goal...pull the trigger. Of course I'm not a GM but I am a fan that can wish. That's all.

Free agents that fit our locker room and our system are assigned a value etc CB  has a formula he has explained numerous times This shouldn’t be a surprise 

11 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

So the tampering period is 12hrs old and people are already upset?!?  Ballard didn’t sign any big names last year and we made the playoffs. He knows more than what these people think.  Geesh 

Not even 8 hours old 

5 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Hey I'm not gonna lie, I'm bummed that we missed out on Collins, or that Humphries is heading to a rival, or that we couldn't get Flowers. I like those players. But I don't love em. And Ballard has already told us that he isn't all about getting the top guys if the value is wrong. 

I fully expect the Colts to be active, but likely in the second wave of FA. The mid tier guys who missed out on contracts they wanted, or lower tier guys for depth. We got Ebron, Autry, Hunt etc from that market. I'm confident we'll find productive players there too. 

All I can say is that Ballard better keep hitting on the draft or people are going to be upset that he didn't spend in FA. Ballard is putting the pressure on himself by limiting his options.

1 hour ago, Happy2BeHere said:

That’s how it’s described on here. I’ve never seen Madden. Last video game I saw was Pong, in 1978.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

All I can say is that Ballard better keep hitting on the draft or people are going to be upset that he didn't spend in FA. Ballard is putting the pressure on himself by limiting his options.

Goodness!    Again with this?

Do you think Ballard cares what the fans think?     Do you think he worries about the pressure he puts on himself with his decisions?      He answers to one person --- Jim Irsay.     If Irsay wanted him to spend more,  Ballard might do it.    But it should be obvious that Jim is on board with what his GM is doing.

Ballard does not pay attention to the noise coming from outside the building.    Doesn't care one bit about it.      Only you seem to.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

I have been hoping all offseason for Ty Williams and Preston Smith. I don't think either has signed yet (unless I missed it somehow) so there's still a chance, but unlikely I nailed someone they will actually take.  Williams is said to be expecting a lot more money and Smith is now an endangered species with the other names off the market.  Maybe we'll get even one of two, that would be fun.  Both would make me go out and buy a lottery ticket. heh.