Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Great Washington Crimson Tide Saga

Last year, when I participated in our mock draft, I volunteered to take the Redskins.  And then did my research.  What do they need?  Who had they already drafted.  I thought it was interesting that they had spent both their first two picks in 2017 on Alabama players (DE Jonathan Allen and OLB Ryan Anderson).  It seemed funny to me that I could make this my own personal "thing", and make my draft push that trend further.

Thus, my draft was:

1 - Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama

2 - Da'Shawn Hand, DE, Alabama

4 - Tony Brown, CB, Alabama

Imagine my surprise and utter joy when the REAL Redskins went ahead and spent their first round pick on an Alabama player!

1 - Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama

They followed it up with 6th round pick, Shawn Dion Hamilton, LB, Alabama.

This wasn't just something funny.  This was a trend.

I wasn't surprised at all when they grabbed Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix from the Packers.  And when they acquired the rights to Reuben Foster from the 49'ers?  I just smiled.  Of course they did!

And as we entered this year's free agency period, I knew that I wasn't wearing a tin foil hat.  This wasn't some crazy conspiracy.  This is real.

They just acquired Landon Collins.

And there are more Alabama players out there.

Just watch them make a play for both C.J. Mosley and Mark Ingram.

And their acquisition of QB Case Keenum from the Broncos?  Of course they don't think Keenum is the answer.  He's just a stop gap until next year's draft, when they go after QB Tua Tagovailoa.

You can book it.  This isn't a conspiracy.  This is real.

• Like 1