Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Landon Collins to sign with the Redskins for $84M

Sooo glad it wasn’t the Colts! Paying that kind of money for a guy that isn’t that much better than Geathers in coverage (if at all), would have been foolish.

If they’re going to get a replacement for Geathers, I hope its through the draft. Saying that, I still think Geathers can be elite, if he stays healthy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coltsfeva said:

Sooo glad it wasn’t the Colts! Paying that kind of money for a guy that isn’t that much better than Geathers in coverage (if at all), would have been foolish.

If they’re going to get a replacement for Geathers, I hope its through the draft. Saying that, I still think Geathers can be elite, if he stays healthy.

Let the market settle after a few days to a week, and if Geathers is still out there, bringing him back on a lesser deal sounds good to me. 

5 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Wow.....

Way too much for him. I'm sure the Colts were in on it, but Ballard pulled out and let him go!

On to my guy that I want in Adrian Amos.....

I saw it reported that we were the other finalist along with Washington.  Glad Ballard backed off when the numbers got too high.  Good discipline.  Plenty of safeties on the market this year.

• Like 1

I know I will get ripped for writing this, but did you honestly expect Ballard to pay big money for any free agent?

He is following the KC model...you win ten games, that's enough to keep the hopes up, keep us all employed, etc.

What has Kansas City won in the past 30 years or so? To me, the only hope is the combo of Luck and Reich...not any big ticket additions from the front office.

• Like 1