Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thoughts on Clelin Ferrell?

I lke Clelin Farrell. He is my 4th best DE in the draft behind Allen, Sweat, and Bosa. I don’t see why people aren’t talking about him more. Maybe its because players like Sweat, Bosa, and Allen are getting most of the hype.

What I like about him is, his ability to stop the run AND rush the passer, his long arms which allows him to get strip sacks, and his relentless motor which allows him to run down QBs. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If Ferrell is still there at pick 26.....   then Run, don't Walk the card up to the commish for the announcement.

I'd be thrilled if we got lucky enough to get him.     Don't see it happening.

Hope I'm wrong.

They should just yell it to him. He'll understand. 

5 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

If he is available at 26 you draft him.

That is my thought....lol

Lol. I just asked because I know pass rush is a need but I also know how people are skeptical of Clemson edge rushers since Shaq Lawson and Kevin Dodd. I think Ferrell is being undervalued because he may not be the same level of athlete as guys like Bosa, Sweat, Gary, etc...

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

If Ferrell is still there at pick 26.....   then Run, don't Walk the card up to the commish for the announcement.

I'd be thrilled if we got lucky enough to get him.     Don't see it happening.

Hope I'm wrong.

I keep seeing a WR mocked to us at 26 I hope not especially because most of the time they have them taking Harry im not impressed by him so if Farrell does make it to colts pick you don't think about it you pick him end of story.

32 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Lol. I just asked because I know pass rush is a need but I also know how people are skeptical of Clemson edge rushers since Shaq Lawson and Kevin Dodd. I think Ferrell is being undervalued because he may not be the same level of athlete as guys like Bosa, Sweat, Gary, etc...

I figured as much, but, the talent and production are there so pull the trigger!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Im really hoping we can snag Preston Smith. And if by some act of God Ferrell is there at 26 then pull the trigger again.

That’d be a very crowded DE room. Sheard (in his last year though), Smith, Turray, Lewis, and Ferrell. Depth at edge rusher is good but that’d be a lot of resources comitted for one position group. 

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

That’d be a very crowded DE room. Sheard (in his last year though), Smith, Turray, Lewis, and Ferrell. Depth at edge rusher is good but that’d be a lot of resources comitted for one position group. 

I believe that Lewis will be part of a rotation on the inside

DL is a place where you need fresh guys

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

I believe that Lewis will be part of a rotation on the inside

DL is a place where you need fresh guys

He’s too small to really be effective there. His last listed playing weight was 266. Hrs better on the edge unless he puts on weight.

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yeah but their plan for Lewis is a 3 Tech so they can move him inside like they had plans to do anyway.  He's not too small, Autry is the same size and there's nothing uncommon for a player that is 6'3" playing at a higher weight around 280-290 if necessary. He may even already be at that weight.

4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

He’s too small to really be effective there. His last listed playing weight was 266. Hrs better on the edge unless he puts on weight.

Disagree completely. Whether he was 5 or 10 pounds heavier who cares. If he can play with speed and slip the gap quickly then great. Use that and allow him to get reps. 

• Like 1