Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

csmopar

Tampering is upon us!

Just now, Boiler_Colt said:

How can they even announce that if the tampering period doesn't even start until 4pm?

it started at noon.

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

wth are they doing? this is insane. God, I'm so happy we didn't get Gruden ... 

I don't understand what's wrong with this deal. Great LT hits the market, he's going to reset the market. 

1 minute ago, Boiler_Colt said:

How can they even announce that if the tampering period doesn't even start until 4pm?

The tampering period has its own tampering period now.

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't understand what's wrong with this deal. Great LT hits the market, he's going to reset the market. 

I guess I do not think he's this good... 

is this real?

Just now, Virtuoso80 said:

it started at noon.

I retract my statement. Lol. It's 4pm Wednesday players can actually sign.

Just now, CR91 said:

is this real?

No, not the real Adam Shefter.

25 minutes ago, CR91 said:

He has injury concerns yea, but when healthy hes a very good cover corner

Verrett has been San Diego’s slot nickel corner.  He’s small...  5’9” and about 185 or so.

And we have Kenny Moore. 

Its also not clear how much all those injuries have taken out of JV. 

Just some food for thought...

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:
is this real?

FAKE account. This is NOT Schefter. 

Just now, stitches said:

FAKE account. This is NOT Schefter. 

Yea I saw the handle too late

Just now, CR91 said:

is this real?

NO. That is a fake account. No blue check mark. His twitter has a blue verification check mark.

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

wth are they doing? this is insane. God, I'm so happy we didn't get Gruden ... 

I dont know but I was thinking the same thing. Swinging for the fences in a hurry it looks like

4 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Tampering started at noon, teams can agree to terms just not officially sign until 4pm Wednesday.

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

I guess I do not think he's this good... 

Got it. I get that, just a matter of whether he's actually good, not necessarily the investment in a LT. 

1 minute ago, Superman said:

I guess that's the OL market now. Though I never understood why SF traded him to move up a couple rounds in the draft. Seems like the type you would keep when you just got a shiny new franchise QB.

NE yet again scores a 3rd round comp pick. They moved back 50-60 spots from the end of the 3rd round...got Brown for a season to be their starting LT (and won the Super Bowl)...and now will collect a 3rd round comp pick. It's like these other teams want NE to win every year.

And there are so many Colts fans that don't want Ballard to trade picks.

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Got it. I get that, just a matter of whether he's actually good, not necessarily the investment in a LT. 

Yeah... it's weird. LTs will get paid, but IMO they sold a MUCH better offensive lineman in Osemele for peanuts and paid Brown like he's a top 3 OT in the league... he's not... he's not close to being there. 

10 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

They didn’t announce it.

Odds are this comes from the player’s agent.   He’s not obligated to keep it secret.   He wants the news out there.

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

There is also the question of Talent vs Scheme/Coaching

Obviously Gruden thinks his scheme and OL coaches will mesh better than BB

Rumors that the Texans offered the Honey Badger a multi-year deal at $9.5M a year and he decided to test free agency instead since he believe he is worth more.

Going to be interesting to see how this Safety market shakes out and who the Colts end up with .

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I got a chuckle at this.

1. Get a new good LT

2. Get a new good LG

3. Get a new good C

4. Get a new good RG

5. Get a new good RT

6. Build a new stadium that is not owned by TY Hilton

7. Try not to call TY Hilton a clown, a scrub or anything of the sort the week before the games. 

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I got a chuckle at this.

Sounds like they went to a beginner coaching clinic

15 minutes ago, CR91 said:

It's Preston Smith/Justin Houston or bust for me..... I wan't one or the other as I don't think Flowers is coming here.  Could be wrong of course!

2 hours ago, krunk said:

I don't think it would be all that hard to replace Desir.

Jalen Collins and Quincy Wilson agree.....lol

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Hello?  OBJ?  This is Coach Gruden...wanna come play with our new toys?

I'm not believing % until it's official.

This happens way to often nowadays. Every year we see this and it gets people all ramped up.

4 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Hello?  OBJ?  This is Coach Gruden...wanna come play with our new toys?

sounds like they're potentially out of cash... already. 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

sounds like they're potentially out of cash... already. 

They should take a loan from their coach/shadow GM

holy crap, no way is he getting that kind of cash

Just now, csmopar said:

holy crap, no way is he getting that kind of cash

I’m all for these guys getting their money but come on. Especially after you injury. I guess you never know if you don’t ask

The raiders are crazy. They are just throwing cash everywhere. They have three 1st rounders they need to build the team with the draft. They are trying to buy a SB.

Just now, Mr.Debonair said:

I’m all for these guys getting their money but come on. Especially after you injury. I guess you never know if you don’t ask

And he's OLD.