Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

3 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Likely you move Wilkins to PS.   They probably won't sign Bell..... but it will never be because of whomever the team thinks is the weakest of their 3 backs from last year....

Regardless of what anyone thinks, Bell would be a massive upgrade in talent at RB from anything the Colt's have had since E. James.  Most don't want to hear that, for various reasons already stated, but it's the truth.

The Colts probably won't sign him, but it will be because of something other than the backs on the roster....

The idea that fans here don't want to "hear" that Bell is an upgrade in talent is pure nonsense.   It's obvious and everyone knows it.

Sorry.

The problem is those who want Bell, don't want to hear that (1) Ballard doesn't value the RB position to the amount that Bell wants and (2) and that he doesn't want Bell in his locker room at this point.   

So,  from my viewpoint,  it isn't the problem of those who don't want Bell...   the problem is with those who DO want Bell.     Ballard has spelled out the reasons why he doesn't want Bell even if he never used his name.    But Bell supporters don't ever want to accept that.    It's why they're still making the argument to this very day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Colts will probably be linked to half of the free agents on the market this week. There will be a lot of smoke, there probably won't be much actual fire.

1. Get a new good LT 2. Get a new good LG 3. Get a new good C 4. Get a new good RG 5. Get a new good RT 6. Build a new stadium that is not owned by TY Hilton 7. Try not t

thought some humor would be enjoyed.    

Posted Images

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Holy hell

This market is insane. 

I read somewhere that teams expect huge increase in capspace in the next CBA because of the influx of gambling money and new media money and that's why they don't mind going with long-term money that seems pretty big for this current CBA and salary cap. 

I guess we will see in due time. 

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

This market is insane. 

I read somewhere that teams expect huge increase in capspace in the next CBA because of the influx of gambling money and new media money and that's why they don't mind going with long-term money that seems pretty big for this current CBA and salary cap. 

I guess we will see in due time. 

I suppose. But still wow

14 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Likely not if their careers are less than ten years long. You are comparing apples to oranges. 

That is an excellent point.  When I worked as a contract employee, when my contract was up, I went to the place that paid the most.

When it came time to settle down with a company, I still went with the one where I would make the most money, but I looked at things beyond just the salary to make that determination.

10 hours ago, Superman said:

I feel like Jeffery was more accomplished and better at getting open and making contested catches. I also remembered Jeffery's deal as one year, $5m, but I think I mixed him up with Maclin. 

In all, my issue isn't so much with the money (although, goodness...), it's more that I wanted a different kind of receiver. I actually feel like Funchess and Ebron kind of duplicate each other. I wanted a third down maven, volume pass catcher, chain mover, YAC artist. Truth be told, I wanted Humphries. Maybe that kind of receiver comes in the draft, or maybe Cain can play that role...

I'm with you on that.  I would rather have Inman than Funchess

• Like 2

Once all the hype cools down this is when Ballard starts to make the magic happen.  I enjoy it because he always goes out and finds people we were not really even thinking about. And he and his staff so far have been pretty good at getting good fits.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, stitches said:

Yeah, the comp pick is the only possible upside, but that's assuming we don't sign a respectively high contract ourselves... 

Well it hasn’t happened so far. CB doesn’t seem to be a big splash guy even though there were some fits that could have filled needs. I’m still good with that approach though and realize it’s only day 2 now of the legal tampering. Hopefully another year happens where the stars line up in players and the right price. 

1 hour ago, Shive said:

Source on that:

If that's the case, I see us resigning Geathers on a 2 year deal and drafting a new SS.

Amos isn't a SS, so the fit was always questionable, IMO. Phillips is the guy I think fits best, but I haven't heard anything about him so far.

Also, while we're all looking at receivers and safeties in free agency, those are two of the strengths of the draft, so it's very possible we don't sign a safety. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Difference that doesn't work with every team this team needs players not bar tenders.

They added two all pros from last year's draft and several other contributors.  This team also made the playoffs last year.  Something that Oakland, Washington, Jets, Lions, did not do but you want to emulate them instead of a organization like the Pats?

I will also add that signing big time FAs rarely works and these big FAs signings end up being cut within two to three years of signing the deal.

14 hours ago, Superman said:

Amos isn't a SS, so the fit was always questionable, IMO. Phillips is the guy I think fits best, but I haven't heard anything about him so far.

Also, while we're all looking at receivers and safeties in free agency, those are two of the strengths of the draft, so it's very possible we don't sign a safety. 

SS = no coverage skills and basically a tweener LB which means a dime or dozen and no higher than a 4th rd pick for their skill set in today’s NFL.  Landon Collins fits this mold and the Colts had a price but fortunately for us another stupid team paid dearly for a position not a necessity in today’s NFL world.  For every Collins highlight there is a lowlight.  No need to spend $10-15Mil at this position.

• Like 1