Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

csmopar

Tampering is upon us!

Recommended Posts

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Barr to Jets

 

 ,Does this eliminate them out of the Mosley sweepstakes 


Probably not eliminate, they still have plenty of money to spend. But can't imagine they would go for both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Virtuoso80 said:

wonder if that means mosley to colts next?

Makes me wonder 

1 minute ago, RNGDShobby said:


Probably not eliminate, they still have plenty of money to spend. But can't imagine they would go for both.

I was thinking more of position not money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting pumped thinkimg about Mosley. 

 

Think we got him.

 

Leonard and Mosley..... Make it happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CR91 said:

 

I see it as a Alshon Jeffery type move

 

I feel like Jeffery was more accomplished and better at getting open and making contested catches. I also remembered Jeffery's deal as one year, $5m, but I think I mixed him up with Maclin. 

 

In all, my issue isn't so much with the money (although, goodness...), it's more that I wanted a different kind of receiver. I actually feel like Funchess and Ebron kind of duplicate each other. I wanted a third down maven, volume pass catcher, chain mover, YAC artist. Truth be told, I wanted Humphries. Maybe that kind of receiver comes in the draft, or maybe Cain can play that role...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, w87r said:

Getting pumped thinkimg about Mosley. 

 

Think we got him.

 

Leonard and Mosley..... Make it happen

 

Doesn't mean it will happen, but I could see them going in with an either/or plan on Collins/Mosley.   It's how they view the defense - it's all about tackling, rallying to the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

 

 

That's cool.  Hopefully he balls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like we really are in the hunt for Mosely. Like it was said above go in targeting to high end players with intention of getting one. Mosely would be a much better signing then Collins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RNGDShobby said:

 

 

:Cry:

 

And he will play for Gregg Williams :yuk:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, #12. said:

 

Doesn't mean it will happen, but I could see them going in with an either/or plan on Collins/Mosley.   It's how they view the defense - it's all about tackling, rallying to the ball.

 

With the inflation of what players will be making in the next few years, I actually wouldn’t mind paying Mosley close to 13/14 mil per season to play for a contender and alongside Leonard which he probably would enjoy doing. Having arguably the best LB core in the league can go along way to having a great defense. Plus he’s such a good general on the field. We could then play 3 LBers on the field and all are very good players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, #12. said:

 

Doesn't mean it will happen, but I could see them going in with an either/or plan on Collins/Mosley.   It's how they view the defense - it's all about tackling, rallying to the ball.

No doubt, ot just seems to be linong out that way.

 

Seems to be down to Baltimore, Cleveland and Indy.

 

Bring him in CB.

 

Funchess, Mosley, Za'Darius/Preston Smith, Amos/Dix

 

Then smash the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

I feel like Jeffery was more accomplished and better at getting open and making contested catches. I also remembered Jeffery's deal as one year, $5m, but I think I mixed him up with Maclin. 

 

In all, my issue isn't so much with the money (although, goodness...), it's more that I wanted a different kind of receiver. I actually feel like Funchess and Ebron kind of duplicate each other. I wanted a third down maven, volume pass catcher, chain mover, YAC artist. Truth be told, I wanted Humphries. Maybe that kind of receiver comes in the draft, or maybe Cain can play that role...

 

Jeffery was more accomplished, but we were missing that tall WR thats eagles had in Jeffery. We'll see if it pans out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

I feel like Jeffery was more accomplished and better at getting open and making contested catches. I also remembered Jeffery's deal as one year, $5m, but I think I mixed him up with Maclin. 

 

In all, my issue isn't so much with the money (although, goodness...), it's more that I wanted a different kind of receiver. I actually feel like Funchess and Ebron kind of duplicate each other. I wanted a third down maven, volume pass catcher, chain mover, YAC artist. Truth be told, I wanted Humphries. Maybe that kind of receiver comes in the draft, or maybe Cain can play that role...

Agreed that its duplicative. 

 

I say look to the draft for that dynamic player, who is going to be thought of as more of a long term staple of the offense,  IMO.  I'm sure Ballard already has several options targeted in the early rounds.

 

Interesting that Ebron and Funchess contracts will both be coming due next year.   Maybe some competition?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, w87r said:

No doubt, ot just seems to be linong out that way.

 

Seems to be down to Baltimore, Cleveland and Indy.

 

Bring him in CB.

 

Funchess, Mosley, Za'Darius/Preston Smith, Amos/Dix

 

Then smash the draft.

 

I would love getting Mosley. But I will say this, just because the Jets are about to land Barr, do not count them out on Mosley. They spent on guys like Crowder and Barr, but they have a lot of money too. So does Cleveland. More than enough in this market to give Mosley $14-$15M annually on a multi-year deal.

 

The Colts under Ballard have a history of not getting into bidding wars.

 

It will come down to us trying to be in the same ball park as the other clubs and hoping Mosley prefers our team/situation.

 

That is a possibility but far from a given.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 years, 56 mil would be a good deal and great additional for this defense if Ballard could entice Mosley to come here! Let’s make this LB core elite!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

 

I would love getting Mosley. But I will say this, just because the Jets are about to land Barr, do not count them out on Mosley. They spent on guys like Crowder and Barr, but they have a lot of money too. So does Cleveland. More than enough in this market to give Mosley $14-$15M annually on a multi-year deal.

 

The Colts under Ballard have a history of not getting into bidding wars.

 

It will come down to us trying to be in the same ball park as the other clubs and hoping Mosley prefers our team/situation.

 

That is a possibility but far from a given.

 

Hopefully Mosley chooses us since we are a playoff team and he would get to play with a very young All Pro in Leonard! How is that not a sell in itself along with having a QB like Luck!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mosely, Leonard, and Walker. We could have the best LB core in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raiders just keep spending

 

 

 

Wonder the $ considering that all the S signing are going well over $10M. Even Kareem Jackson as a hybrid CB/S got $11M a year for 3 years. DBs are raking in the dough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That is great to know. Ebron isn’t very good at blocking. This guy is basically the same player as Ebron but just listed as a different position. Maybe we will be able to use him on the entire field and not just the red zone like Ebron.

Don't really see Funchess as inline blocker, he's nice out on edge and downfield. I'm sure McCaffrey is going to miss him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny we thought the safeties would not get much because there are so many of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BluHorzhu said:

 

Funchess was never meant to be a #1 receiver.  He doesn't have that type of speed to match the rest of the skill set.  I was hoping for more from him in that situation also, but it was an unrealistic expectation.  He has now been given an opportunity to succeed.  He's on a good ball club with an elite pocket QB and is only expected to be a #2 possession/red zone role player.  Along with T.Y., Deon Cain, Rodgers, and the TE group it will be enough to keep defenses honest and get him the breathing room he needs to make plays.  

 

In the meantime Ballard will find out what he has in Cain and spend some early round picks to round out the defense.  It was a good first grenade to clear out the tunnels.  The tender dominoes fell quick once that deal was done.

Agree with most of this comment. Well said. But....if you are suggesting the Colts won't also choose a WR with a Day 2 draft pick, I disagree. I think they are determined to fix this receiving mess but with younger, more affordable players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Funny we thought the safeties would not get much because there are so many of them.

 

Agreed. Though I will say this, this happens to kick off free agency. And then all the teams that "desperately" needed a S and overspent to get "their guy" are out of the running. And the glut of remaining safeties sits out there longer and longer waiting to find some team willing to pay what they think the new market is. And it doesn't materialize.

 

What happens then? They take short term smaller $ "prove it" deals.

 

And someone will take that kind of deal with our team and our D and it will work out in the end.

 

We may not go for a guy like Amos who would still command $10M+, but we can go after guys like Geathers, T.Boston, A.Phillips, J.Addae, J.Ward, T.Gipson

 

Or can go with older proven guys on very short deals like D.Stewart, G.Quinn, A.Bethea or M.Adams

 

There will be guys that come for decent value once the big time money dries up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Agree with most of this comment. Well said. But....if you are suggesting the Colts won't also choose a WR with a Day 2 draft pick, I disagree. I think they are determined to fix this receiving mess but with younger, more affordable players. 

 

I hope so. In fact, I still hope they double dip...one 2nd round and maybe one in the 4th round (if a good slot WR type is available).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ballard has said he wants lots of competition at every position. This signing I agree does not mean we won’t draft a WR or sign another one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Signing Mosley for 60 MIL+ to play alongside an ALL Pro who will be making peanuts in 2019?  CB is too smart to make such a move even know it’s the right move.  How would the ALL PRO act?  This is DL’s defense and NOBODY else’s which is smart so don’t link any big time expensive Defense FA signing to Indy any time soon.  Could be wrong but simple logic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NDcolt said:

Signing Mosley for 60 MIL+ to play alongside an ALL Pro who will be making peanuts in 2019?  CB is too smart to make such a move even know it’s the right move.  How would the ALL PRO act?  This is DL’s defense and NOBODY else’s which is smart so don’t link any big time expensive Defense FA signing to Indy any time soon.  Could be wrong but simple logic.

 

Darius is humble and knows when it’s his time it’s his time. this is foolish 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funchess takes heat off Ebron and TY. Hes a big mismatch especially over the middle of the field working on linebackers and safeties. I feel Reich and Sirriani will know what to do to get him in real favorable matchups. More so than in Carolina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This (amongst others) is why we will likely reserve a big chunk of cap space to roll over to next year again.

 

If Mitch Morse gets this kinda coin, imagine what Ryan Kelly's extension will look like if he remains even somewhat healthy.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TomDiggs said:

This (amongst others) is why we will likely reserve a big chunk of cap space to roll over to next year again.

 

If Mitch Morse gets this kinda coin, imagine what Ryan Kelly's extension will look like if he remains even somewhat healthy.

 

 

Ryan Kelly might be a very rich man next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Ryan Kelly might be a very rich man next year.

 

Luckily I think we can wait one more year since we will have the ability to pick up his 5th year option. But rest assured, the time is coming. And with Morse and Pouncey setting that market at a $11M starting point, it will get ugly quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to go ahead and throw Ronald Darby's name out there as someone who intrigues me.

 

Has a Reich connection as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IinD said:

That's the same as a 50-75 Mill guarantee duh!!?!?

 

This will literally do nothing to our plan to potentially draft an upgrade, I don't get the dislike here also.

 

A MAX of 13 if this guy does EVERYTHING in his contract out of 100M to potentially spend. 

 

 We don't have $100M  to spend. Wake up. More like $50-60 at the most.
 At this is a Huge chunk on a guy with a modest skill set.
 Spend it on a Stud at another position.
 John Brown was the next WR tur* sandwhich on the list so... yeah....:rantoff:

Quote

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Superman said:

I don't like it. But I'm sure Reich has a plan for him in the offense. 

 

 

It's not the answer at WR. I'm with you ..not at all crazy about this player.

 

I think Ballard likes Williams but today was so crazy that there must be a 15 per year price tag on him. So this guy plays for a year and really has no bearing on the cap as we have tons this year. He'll hope to upgrade with Cain and a rookie WR. 

 

So what I'm trying to say is I don't like the signing much but I think understand the strategy . 

 

Maybe the money gets spent on Mosley or P Smith ? Don't forget we HAVE to sign a safety and a CB. How about Houston offering their guy almost 30 mill for 3 years and he gets 14 mill per year ? To me that might be the biggest shocker of they. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with this deal is not that it's one year deal. It's that it's not more(non-guaranteed ones). We get all the downside of a prove it deal, while paying him like he's already proven it, without getting the upside of having him locked for lets say one more year(similar to Ebron's deal) in case he actually works out. So what happens if he works out? He will up for another deal and an upgrade of the contract, probably not with us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...