Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tampering is upon us!

Not everyday one of the threads I start makes twitter. :td:

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Schefter is the most reliable reporter out there. There might be something there... 

If its the REAL one lol.  Both CR91 and me have fallen to the fake account posts today.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Don't be surprised. Ballard doesn't splurge... and Collins will require a big splurge it seems. 

Well, looking at next years FA, we HAVE to spend at least 25-50 mil yet this year on top of next year's re-signings to hit the 89% mark at the close of 2020.  At least from what I was understanding math wise 

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

I give up. I know nothing about anything to do with FA. How are those mediocre players getting signed to this type of deals? wth is happening? Ballard probably is sitting on the sidelines for the first round of contracts... understandably so. 

If not for the injury, I prefer Kwon to CJ. More range, better in coverage. But $13.5m/year seems steep.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stitches said:

I give up. I know nothing about anything to do with FA. How are those mediocre players getting signed to this type of deals? wth is happening? Ballard probably is sitting on the sidelines for the first round of contracts... understandably so. 

I smiled at this. I share your sentiment.

Every time I come on here and say "I like Player X, but I would not pay $XX Million for them" I get a bunch of comments along the lines of "Welcome to 2019" or "You have to spend money to get these guys" or "We have over $100M in cap space. now is not the time to be cheap", etc etc etc

I am glad Ballard is fiscally conservative.

After these first few days settle and we miss on some of the big names that get these massive overly inflated deals, we will then have a ton of money to suck up multiple middle tier guys and build a much more solid team....team being the operative word.

I would be fine w a splurge or two, but I would never pay Kwon or even Mosley or Hicks $10M a year, let alone $13.5M. That money could be better spent elsewhere.

Let the fun begin :-)

• Like 4

I wouldn't mind Collins, but I'd be annoyed for some reason if it's for monster money.

Probably seen every nyg game the last decade and he definitely wasn't as good as years past last year, but I don't have any insider knowledge obviously.

• Like 2

We'll see about the Ballard doesn't splurge thing.  I still think it was mainly a myth built on the fact free agents were turning down a 4-12 team who hadn't made the playoffs in three years and whose QB's future was in serious doubt.  4-12 with no QB in Miami or LA is one thing.  Going to the same situation in Indy is another.

• Like 1