Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deano's Off-season March Mock 1.0

Deano's Mock Draft 1.0

I will start with Ballard’s Mantras that pertain to drafting 

1) Build the lines FIRST

2) Build the team with high character leaders (No Locker room "cancers" allowed)

3)Draft plan - Best Player Available

Team Needs in Order

Pass Rush

WR

SS

CB

OT depth 

LB Depth

FA Activity

Trey Flowers - DE  $16M per yr -  A bit of an overpay, but helps a tremendous position of need

Tyrell Williams - WR $12M per yr - A bit of an overpay, but helps a tremendous position of need

Colts resign FAs

Geathers - SS $6M - This is a bit of an overpay, but he isnt going to get $7 mil from another team

Inman - WR - $7M - This was sure-handed tall WR, that we have to resign. He hasn’t shown enough to get more.

(He wasn’t on a roster for the first part of 2018)

Rogers - KR/WR - $5M We need a 5th reciever who can also KR. Not world beater, but meets the need

Note: I think we will not be able to afford Desir. (I want to keep him)  I see some team offering +8 $Mil. 

NFL Draft

Round 1 - pick 26 - Jerry Tillary NT/DT

I went back and forth on this pick. He has some past dark clouds. The ND coaches and players have stated

that he turned it around in 2018, and has become a role model

If I am the Colts, I am interviewing him for many hours. If he doesn’t fit the mold….. you don’t draft him. Period.

From a play standpoint, Tillery would seem to be an awesome pickup for the Colts. He brings position versatility

as he could play 1 tech or 3 tech.  He was one of the top CFB pass rushers at DT.

Jerry Tillary Highlights

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/video/jerry-tillery-notre-dame-2018-19-highlights/vi-BBTyltd

Round 2 – Pick 34 –  Chauncy Gardner – SS

To see the value of this guy, you need to watch the game tape with the highlights. I think he is a game changer. He has excellent range, good coverage ability and is a big hitter.

Round 2 – Pick 59 – Parris Campbell – WR

This guy should be amazing in our offense. He ran a 4.32 40, and catches everything thrown at him. He is a great YAC guy and is built like a RB. He is a 2 time team captain at THE Ohio State University.

Seems like a fit for Ballard.

Highlights

Game tape

Round 3 – Pick 90 – Kris Boyd – CB

Tall CB that excels in zone coverage. Great tackler. Averaged 20-30% more tackles than the top 5 CBs in this draft.

Round 4 – Pick 123 – Dennis Daley OT

Athletic OL, that needs time to develop (Possible future replacement for AC)

Round 4 – Pick 135 – Bobby Evans OT

Round 5 – Pick  154 - Bennie Snell RB

He didn’t have a great combine, but this kid EXACTLY fills out the one weakness in our RBC approach.

He is the battering ram that can also catch a pass. Watch the tape

Round 6/ Round 7 – BPA

Thoughts?

I am not a wilting flower, so hit me with what you think........

Thanks for reading

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, twfish said:

No way bennie makes it to the 5th. IMO hes the 3rd pr 4th best back in the draft

Thanks for your imput

You may be 100% correct.

The RB position continues to be undervalued within the NFL

I was reading much the last few weeks...... and I like him as well

Maybe we use the 4th round comp pick.......

My research on him......

NFL.com Has him listed as the 22nd best Running back in this draft

He is listed as a backup and special teams

Bleacher Report moved him to 10th best

Other draft sites him going anywhere in the 3 to the 5th round

We will see in a few weeks

28 minutes ago, Nate! said:

Inman @ 7 million per year is a waste.  Street FA isn’t worth 7 million.  Could get some other random vet WR at a cheaper price.

Thanks for the response

The question with Inman,is what is that number?

Will he sign a one year deal for 5M?

We will see

27 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

delete

Thanks for the reply..... Is that an overall opinion ?

:default_20smile:

6 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Deano's Mock Draft 1.0

1) Build the lines FIRST

2) Build the team with high character leaders (No Locker room "cancers" allowed)

Team Needs in Order

Pass Rush

WR

SS

CB

OT depth 

LB Depth

FA Activity

Trey Flowers - DE  $16M per yr -  A bit of an overpay, but helps a tremendous position of need

Tyrell Williams - WR $12M per yr - A bit of an overpay, but helps a tremendous position of need

Colts resign FAs

Geathers - SS $6M - This is a bit of an overpay, but he isnt going to get $7 mil from another team

Inman - WR - $7M - This was sure-handed tall WR, that we have to resign. He hasn’t shown enough to get more.

Rogers - KR/WR - $5M We need a 5th reciever who can also KR. Not world beater, but meets the need

Note: I think we will not be able to afford Desir. (I want to keep him)  I see some team offering +8 $Mil. 

NFL Draft

I went back and forth on this pick. He has some past dark clouds. The ND coaches and players have stated

If I am the Colts, I am interviewing him for many hours. If he doesn’t fit the mold….. you don’t draft him. Period.

From a play standpoint, Tillery would seem to be an awesome pickup for the Colts. He brings position versatility

as he could play 1 tech or 3 tech.  He was one of the top CFB pass rushers at DT.

Jerry Tillary Highlights

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/video/jerry-tillery-notre-dame-2018-19-highlights/vi-BBTyltd

To see the value of this guy, you need to watch the game tape with the highlights. I think he is a game changer. He has excellent range, good coverage ability and is a big hitter.

This guy should be amazing in our offense. He ran a 4.32 40, and catches everything thrown at him. He is a great YAC guy and is built like a RB. He is a 2 time team captain at THE Ohio State University.

Highlights

Game tape

Tall CB that excels in zone coverage. Great tackler. Averaged 20-30% more tackles than the top 5 CBs in this draft.

He didn’t have a great combine, but this kid EXACTLY fills out the one weakness in our RBC approach.

Round 6/ Round 7 – BPA

Thoughts?

Thanks for reading

Deano!      You're a brave soul.

OK...     I have several thoughts...    here we go...  

1.)   You list Pass Rush as the top priority.    And then basically do not address it, or don't address it nearly enough.    Flowers who is a 6-8 sack a year guy,  is not the answer to our pass rush issue.   Good overall player,  but not that much on the rush.    Then, your first overall draft pick,  is a Tillery,  a 3-Tech.   Decent pass rush from inside,   but not enough overall pass rush.     Otherwise,  no other rush possibilities.

2.)    I think you might have to flip-flop pick 34 and 59 if you want both.   I think Campbell will not last to pick 59.   But Johnson might.  

3.)    Where you get into a lot of trouble is an area that most people here struggle with.   Money.  Most here are way too tight.   They act as if it's coming right out of their pockets.   But with your 3 contracts,  I think they're a little high.   My first guess was these were multi-year contracts.   Then, I realized they're 1-year deals.    So, I'm guessing Geather's ceiling is closer to $5 Mill.    Inman's is closer to $3-5 Mill,  the higher figure perhaps with incentives.   And rodgers number is likely half of the $5 Mill you offer.      Also, the issue with Geathers and perhaps Inman is 1-year vs. multiyear.   I think Geathers is hoping someone signs him to a multiyear deal.   Perhaps 2/10?   More?   Same with Inman.   Perhaps 2/6-8 (with incentives?)   Rogers,  perhaps 2/5? 

Otherwise...   a nice job on the draft...    you had some good ideas and concepts....   appreciate the hard work....    I know these are never easy....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Thanks for the response

We will see

Thanks for the reply..... Is that an overall opinion ?

:default_20smile:

I really like what Inman gave this team when he had the opportunity to play and be targeted. What I would guess a contract to look like is a 3 yr 21 million contract and make 7 of it guaranteed. 7,6,8 million structure. Allows you to pay him and if he produces like you hope he showed he could, he gets rewarded. If he plays poorly, he is cut after the year and it’s no cap hit. During these years, you will have to either pay TY again, move on from him and hope another receiver stepped up or draft one this year high in anticipation of TY being done in 2 seasons here. If we were willing to pay 5 million to our FA WR last year, I would think a known quantity to CB would be acceptable in this range. Idk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Deano's Mock Draft 1.0

1) Build the lines FIRST

Team Needs in Order

Pass Rush

WR

SS

CB

OT depth 

LB Depth

FA Activity

Colts resign FAs

NFL Draft

Jerry Tillary Highlights

Highlights

Game tape

Round 6/ Round 7 – BPA

Thoughts?

Thanks for reading

I think Paris Campbell would be a nice fit in this offense. Like the run after catch ability he brings. He can take short passes to the house as well as go deep. Could open up the route tree a bit more but TY wasnt a finished product when we drafted him either.  I like his size and speed. Zierlein compared him to Percy Harvin. We need a Percy Harvin type player on this team. Ballard has taken an Ohio St player with a high draft pick both years of his tenure. He seems to like players from that program. I like Chauncey Gardner as well. And of course i love Tillery. The Flowers pick aint bad, although i would have drafted another DE to add to the mix.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ty4atd said:

se7Roger's isn't getting 5 Mil as a 5th receiver, Hines, Campbell or Cain can return kicks.

You can’t just put someone back to return punts you might get away with it for kick offs. Hines is the only one of the 3 to have returned punts albeit limited and that didn’t look good last preseason. I don’t think we stick Cain back there off the knee injury. 

Rogers may not get 5M but his ability as a PR gives him an advantage competing for a roster spot. Fountain returned punts in the East-West game 2 yrs ago. He’s a guy I will keep an eye on I think we see a nice jump from his rookie year. I’d love to find an explosive returner.  

As far as the mock I like most of what I see. I am an Irish backer so I really like Tillery a lot and want to see him wear the shoe. Gardner and Campbell are solid additions at positions of need. I am on board there.

The middle rounds I think if we haven’t we grab a DE. Maybe we look at  Winovich Crosby or the kid from Texas who had a nice Senior Bowl week. Crosby is a small school kid who’s combine numbers caught my eye. I need to find the time to watch his tape.

I’d be surprised if CB didn’t draft another pass rusher. I think Desir stays in Indy too. I remember an him talking about how thankful he was for his shot in Indy and the most important piece how happy his wife and kids were living in the city.  IMO That won’t be another Melvin situation. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

1.)   You list Pass Rush as the top priority.    And then basically do not address it, or don't address it nearly enough.    Flowers who is a 6-8 sack a year guy,  is not the answer to our pass rush issue.   Good overall player,  but not that much on the rush.    Then, your first overall draft pick,  is a Tillery,  a 3-Tech.   Decent pass rush from inside,   but not enough overall pass rush.     Otherwise,  no other rush possibilities.

2.)    I think you might have to flip-flop pick 34 and 59 if you want both.   I think Campbell will not last to pick 59.   But Johnson might.  

Thanks for the input. My keyboard bravery is IMMENSE :)

From my way of thinking, we need to disrupt passing via pressure as well as sacks

A hurried pass that goes incomplete is a valuable commodity to pass defense

Tillary and Flowers both bring that to the table. I also think that Turray and Lewis will benefit from another offseason of teaching / game play. 

Ward is also someone that needs more reps....... before he was hurt, he was turning it on

But..... I would be open to bringing in a 2nd tier,  someone like Ansah to add to the rotation.

Its funny that you bring up the 2nd round. I had the same thought. I went back and forth on that. They both would be great fits to this team. I really wish we also had another mid second pick. 

Thanks

• Like 2

4 hours ago, akcolt said:

The middle rounds I think if we haven’t we grab a DE. Maybe we look at  Winovich Crosby or the kid from Texas who had a nice Senior Bowl week. Crosby is a small school kid who’s combine numbers caught my eye. I need to find the time to watch his tape.

Thanks for the response

Winovich is a non stop, high energy motor guy, making plays all over the field

Not quite elite, but seems like a Ballard kind of guy

I think you may mean Ominihu, from Texas. He would be of interest as well.

My gut says both will go by the middle of round 3, I have seen both mocked in mid to

late 2nd as well. Ominuhu seems to be a slightly better prospect

I would be happy with either, but you have to choose which ice cream flavor you

want at some point. (Baskin Robbins was always tough on me)

There appears to be some awesome talent in round 2

I have been a proponent of trading Brisett (along with some other, later draft capitol)

to get another pick in the second round.

It isnt because I dont like Brissett, its because this second round has some gems

We will all see in a few weeks

6 hours ago, krunk said:

I think Paris Campbell would be a nice fit in this offense. Like the run after catch ability he brings. He can take short passes to the house as well as go deep. Could open up the route tree a bit more but TY wasnt a finished product when we drafted him either.  I like his size and speed. Zierlein compared him to Percy Harvin. We need a Percy Harvin type player on this team. Ballard has taken an Ohio St player with a high draft pick both years of his tenure. He seems to like players from that program. I like Chauncey Gardner as well. And of course i love Tillery. The Flowers pick aint bad, although i would have drafted another DE to add to the mix.

Thanks for replying

Having a presence like Campbell opposite of Hilton opens up this offense in so many ways

Currently, you have teams keeping a second player (safety/nickle CB) to make sure that Hilton doesnt take the top off 

We would now have 2 on the field that defensive coordinators will have to be concerned with

Hilton is fast. People are afraid of his speed.

Campbell is FASTER. 

Because he is built like a RB, he doesnt go down with an arm tackle........ He is a nightmare for defensive coordinators

You may now have teams that just stay with nickle and dime defenses, which is what a good running attack looks forward to

Due to this newer respect for the deep speed on the Colts, the underneath routes should also have a bit more gaps to exploit

I hope we can get both Campbell and Gardner in round 2 - Fingers crossed

7 hours ago, Jdubu said:

I really like what Inman gave this team when he had the opportunity to play and be targeted. What I would guess a contract to look like is a 3 yr 21 million contract and make 7 of it guaranteed. 7,6,8 million structure. Allows you to pay him and if he produces like you hope he showed he could, he gets rewarded. If he plays poorly, he is cut after the year and it’s no cap hit. During these years, you will have to either pay TY again, move on from him and hope another receiver stepped up or draft one this year high in anticipation of TY being done in 2 seasons here. If we were willing to pay 5 million to our FA WR last year, I would think a known quantity to CB would be acceptable in this range. Idk

Thanks for replying

Inman is a good football player. He has speed, size, and he is a reliable pass catcher.

He was a key contributor for the Colts last year.

He had timing down with Andrew as well

We dont make the playoffs last year without Inman.

He isnt quite WR1 or WR2 mateirial though. He fits the WR3 model very well.

He offers position flexibility as well, as he can play inside or outside

I think that he is someone that we need to lock down

Ballard has also said that he will reward his own players. 

We will see in the next 2-3 months

I truly think that he will get a 3 year deal, that with signing bonus, will bring him close to 7 mil per year average. If I am off a mil or two per year........  so be it

Thanks 

11 hours ago, BOTT said:

Use the money on desir instead of Inman.  If the colts sign Williams, draft Campbell, and use Cain, Inman won't see the field much.

We have money for both.......  Desir is going to want too much money....

But to me......... I WANT Him here

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

Thanks for replying

Inman is a good football player. He has speed, size, and he is a reliable pass catcher.

He was a key contributor for the Colts last year.

He had timing down with Andrew as well

We dont make the playoffs last year without Inman.

He isnt quite WR1 or WR2 mateirial though. He fits the WR3 model very well.

He offers position flexibility as well, as he can play inside or outside

I think that he is someone that we need to lock down

Ballard has also said that he will reward his own players. 

We will see in the next 2-3 months

I truly think that he will get a 3 year deal, that with signing bonus, will bring him close to 7 mil per year average. If I am off a mil or two per year........  so be it

Thanks 

Well said. There is a place for Inman on this team. Just not with a long term commitment. Two years $10 m with $5 fully guaranteed would seem pretty fair for a guy who was unemployed last year until halfway through the season. If someone offers him more than that..... well, I’d be very surprised.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Well said. There is a place for Inman on this team. Just not with a long term commitment. Two years $10 m with $5 fully guaranteed would seem pretty fair for a guy who was unemployed last year until halfway through the season. If someone offers him more than that..... well, I’d be very surprised.  

Thats what I am thinking

$5 mil salary AND a signing bonus that would bring cap hit to around $7 Mil

I was trying to average in the signing bonus with my contracts

I would offer a 3 year deal, with no pain (for the Colts) if we cut him in year 2 or 3.

Inman was in sync without a training camp. He just fit the team like a glove.

I believe that there will be improvement with that offseason practice time, camp, and preseason with Luck.

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

3.)    Where you get into a lot of trouble is an area that most people here struggle with.   Money.  Most here are way too tight.   They act as if it's coming right out of their pockets.   But with your 3 contracts,  I think they're a little high.   My first guess was these were multi-year contracts.   Then, I realized they're 1-year deals.    So, I'm guessing Geather's ceiling is closer to $5 Mill.    Inman's is closer to $3-5 Mill,  the higher figure perhaps with incentives.   And rodgers number is likely half of the $5 Mill you offer.      Also, the issue with Geathers and perhaps Inman is 1-year vs. multiyear.   I think Geathers is hoping someone signs him to a multiyear deal.   Perhaps 2/10?   More?   Same with Inman.   Perhaps 2/6-8 (with incentives?)   Rogers,  perhaps 2/5? 

Otherwise...   a nice job on the draft...    you had some good ideas and concepts....   appreciate the hard work....    I know these are never easy....

Pretty sure Flowers was top ten in combined sacks, hits, hurries.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Thats what I am thinking

$5 mil salary AND a signing bonus that would bring cap hit to around $7 Mil

I was trying to average in the signing bonus with my contracts

I would offer a 3 year deal, with no pain (for the Colts) if we cut him in year 2 or 3.

Inman was in sync without a training camp. He just fit the team like a glove.

I believe that there will be improvement with that offseason practice time, camp, and preseason with Luck.

My bold shot is that Inman isn't signed, if at all, until after the draft.
 2yr & 7M max

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ty4atd said:

Roger's isn't getting 5 Mil as a 5th receiver, Hines, Campbell or Cain can return kicks.

Thanks for the reply

Is Rogers worth 4 Mil per year.... plus a $2M signing bonus? (on a 2-3 year deal)

I think he is..... but......  I do this stuff as a hobby.... many people that have much more time than me, may come up with better answers.......

Thanks

Please-----send me Flowers. 

A Trey full of them. 

Will the Colts fork over the money though? I'm thinking no. Ballard won't go crazy the way some team will. They can really use this guy, but with the awful FA market this year, the bidding will probably start at $13m per year and end well north of that. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Thanks for the response

I think he would but I’m not sure if he’s worth 5.  As someone else said, maybe 5 if he hits a bunch of incentives in an incentive laden contract.

Also, from what I’m seeing Tyrell is gonna get paid.  Don’t think 12 nets him.  Seems like too many teams interested which usually means someone way overpays.  Don’t think it’ll be the Colts.

27 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Please-----send me Flowers. 

A Trey full of them. 

Will the Colts fork over the money though? I'm thinking no. Ballard won't go crazy the way some team will. They can really use this guy, but with the awful FA market this year, the bidding will probably start at $13m per year and end well north of that. 

The sad thing........ you are correct

To get him....... you will need to fork over the $$$$

Deals done, just last year........ are too low for ANYONE that can rush the passer..... THIS YEAR

I see Flowers as a significant upgrade over what we have

He will not get you 15 sacks

He may only get you 8, with a boatload of pressures...... the pressures that we didnt have last year, the pressures that get your team off the field on 3rd and 8, that the Colts gave up last year.

The guy plays the run at a very high level....... this is important, as we could put in guys that weigh 260, and use speed, but end up getting trounced on running plays

He also, has a HUGE benefit, in that he can also rush from the interior, as well

He is a complete player that DEE FORD is not........

To me...... you DONT go crazy, and get 8-9 FAs.......... Thats too much change, for the locker room as well as the Cap hit.

Pick a VERY FEW needed spots,  and pay the price. Count on the draft to build your overall team.

There will be sticker shock

Mathew Stafford will make 26 Mil this year

Demarcus Lawrence will make 20Mil this year

Ezekial Ansah........ FRICKEN...... Ezekial ANSAH..... is slated to make SEVENTEEN MILLION

Clark from Seattle, has a tag, for 17 Million

If you wanna play....... you gotta pay

I would offer him 13 or 14M, for 4-5 years plus 10-12m for signing bonus

Seems like alot..... but a well rounded DE is in need

• Like 1

Regarding Flowers....

The three programs I’ve seen him most linked to...   see if you spot a pattern...

Miami, with former Pats DC, Brian Flores.   Detroit, with former Pats DC Matt Patricia.   And Tennessee, with former Pats LB, Mike Vrabel.   Also, all three teams I believe also have a former Pats front office type to be their GM.   Flowers wants familiararity.   People he knows and trusts.

All the Colts can offer is money.   A deal with the Colts is a long shot at best.  Sorry. 

4 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Thanks for the input. My keyboard bravery is IMMENSE :)

From my way of thinking, we need to disrupt passing via pressure as well as sacks

A hurried pass that goes incomplete is a valuable commodity to pass defense

Tillary and Flowers both bring that to the table. I also think that Turray and Lewis will benefit from another offseason of teaching / game play. 

Ward is also someone that needs more reps....... before he was hurt, he was turning it on

But..... I would be open to bringing in a 2nd tier,  someone like Ansah to add to the rotation.

Its funny that you bring up the 2nd round. I had the same thought. I went back and forth on that. They both would be great fits to this team. I really wish we also had another mid second pick. 

Thanks

Before I saw this post,  I saw a response  from BBZ...   the next gen stats tripped up my argument.   I don’t have access to those.   Fair point by you.  Knock downs and pressures count as well.  

Ive got another post on Flowers in this  thread this morning.  Talks about where Flowers is likely heading.   You’ll see the same key factor with each. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Regarding Flowers....

The three programs I’ve seen him most linked to...   see if you spot a pattern...

Miami, with former Pats DC, Brian Flores.   Detroit, with former Pats DC Matt Patricia.   And Tennessee, with former Pats LB, Mike Vrabel.   Also, all three teams I believe also have a former Pats front office type to be their GM.   Flowers wants familiararity.   People he knows and trusts.

All the Colts can offer is money.   A deal with the Colts is a long shot at best.  Sorry. 

I see the connection........

And ultimately......... you may be right

BUT........

The numerous links given before FA, on a player are generally 80% incorrect

We will all know the ending of this book, in the next weeks (maybe months(

5 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I see the connection........

And ultimately......... you may be right

BUT........

The numerous links given before FA, on a player are generally 80% incorrect

We will all know the ending of this book, in the next weeks (maybe months(

Huh?

The answer on Flowers will be known in a few days,  not weeks or months.   I’d be surprised if we don’t know by the end of the week.    

Or or am I misunderstanding your meaning?

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

The answer on Flowers will be known in a few days,  not weeks or months.   I’d be surprised if we don’t know by the end of the week.    

Or or am I misunderstanding your meaning?

What if he doesnt sign in the next few days to try and get the best deal?

He is a UFA.......  doesnt have to sign in the next few days

All this back and forth on Flowers made me check on where he grew up.....Huntsville, Alabama. Less than a two hour drive from Nashville. Hmmm. 

That would seem to give the Titans an edge if he wants to be close to his roots. 

And for what its worth, there is speculation in the Boston media that he could garner as much as $18m per year. I suspect that isn't happening, but it does show that the market is going to be just as crazy as ever. You want this guy, you're gonna have to pay. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

What if he doesnt sign in the next few days to try and get the best deal?

He is a UFA.......  doesnt have to sign in the next few days

Well...     there’s nothing that says he has to.  

If he doesnt sign this week, thgnbuts next week.   I was only responding to your comment about we’ll know in the next few months.   That’s what threw me off....

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 9:18 AM, MikeCurtis said:

Thanks for the reply

Is Rogers worth 4 Mil per year.... plus a $2M signing bonus? (on a 2-3 year deal)

I think he is..... but......  I do this stuff as a hobby.... many people that have much more time than me, may come up with better answers.......

Thanks

If you ask me he's worth league min at best.

10 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

He isnt a superstar, by any means

But.......  He fills the role

As I said, there are people better than me deciding

Who knows that's my "scouting report" on him. But if I had to bet IMO, he is resigned on a 1 year deal with a small guarantee and if we do pick up a WR like Campbell in the draft we give them reps in TC and pre-season and if they show they can be at least a dcent PR/ST then Rogers is cut, if not he stays.

I suspect Rogers stays regardless of a draft pick at WR. He is the punt returner, is reliable in that role, and can fill in at WR as a 4th or 5th guy.

Inman is the wild card here; I'd like him back as the "trusty move the chains" receiver, but I suspect he will have to exhaust the FA process first before he returns to the table with the Colts. He'll want to get paid, and who can blame him?