Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bell rumor update

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I honestly think that is where Bell will go. I think we will go after a WR and defense in Free Agency.

And sadly there are no quality WRs worth big money in free agency. The draft is where we should go to improve there. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What about Williams or Humphries?

How about C. Beasley? I think he’s a cheaper option and fairly productive IMO.

Beasley won’t command the money that Williams and Humphries most likely get. Then draft a WR in the 2nd.:dunno:

• Like 1

I don't want any part of Tyrell Williams for 10+ million. The guy's only had one legitimate season, and that was years ago. I'd rather pay a guy like Golden Tate the money, a guy that 1,000 yard seasons are the norm, not the outlier. The best bet would be to pay Tate in the 7-8 mil range, and draft a guy in the 2nd, and allow him to learn under 2 of the better WRs (Hilton, Tate) of the last 5-7 years. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

Thank you for that chloe. The right price is not happening. Bell will not take less money to come here imo. There is nothing team wise the colts could offer Bell that the steelers didnt. This isnt about winning, its about money and if he wants to waste his prime on a bad team like the jets, thats his problem

-A QB that doesn't throw his teammates under the bus. 

-A coach who can control a locker room. 

-A front office who will give him a contract Instead of trying to get his prime years for cheap by forcing him into one year contracts. 

Plenty of reasons for him to come to the colts. And plenty of reasons we should bring him in. Will we? I doubt it. Everyone needs to stop looking at bell as just any running back he's a weapon who is capable of  2000+ scrimmage yards. I know we have more pressing needs but it would be nice to have a historic offence too. 

50 minutes ago, esmort said:

You have to expect it this time of year. The Mods lock and merge new/duplicate threads all the time ... but a lot of posters give them push back because they feel do it(close/merge threads) too much. Can't please everyone. This forum is a lot more organized than many teams websites I have visited.

I belong to several boards, some paid, some not. This is absolutely the worst one in terms of being a free for all. I just started posting a little more on this board but it's painful. The same conversations going on in 5 threads at the same time. A new thread for every "rumor", new video, new article, new comment by someone, etc.. And every "thought" someone has on a pre-existing topic doesn't need a new thread. 

Mods wouldn't have to merge/close threads if they set some basic rules.  For instance, all discussion on a player, goes in the specific player's thread. All Ballard discussion goes in the Ballard thread. All free-agent rumor discussion goes in a "Free Agent Rumor" thread. We don't need a new thread every time a guy is released or signed to another team. Other boards dealing with college and pro teams typically have those basic structural rules. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

I don't want any part of Tyrell Williams for 10+ million. The guy's only had one legitimate season, and that was years ago. I'd rather pay a guy like Golden Tate the money, a guy that 1,000 yard seasons are the norm, not the outlier. The best bet would be to pay Tate in the 7-8 mil range, and draft a guy in the 2nd, and allow him to learn under 2 of the better WRs (Hilton, Tate) of the last 5-7 years. 

I like Tate but he is getting up there in age isn't he?

11 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Your thinking here might be correct. Because of Tate’s age you could probably get him hear on a shorter contract. That gives you a little time to see what our young receivers can do. A guy like Williams might demand a longer contract. Then what happens if we end up with our young receivers being very good.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, for sure. Before the trade to Philly last year tho, he was on pace for yet another 1000 yard season, so he hasn't realistically shown any signs of true decline. I mean, he's not the guy he was 5 years ago, but the contract he'd require would be excellent value, especially compared to what Tyrell Williams will ultimately get. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Your thinking here might be correct. Because of Tate’s age you could probably get him hear on a shorter contract. That gives you a little time to see what our young receivers can do. A guy like Williams might demand a longer contract. Then what happens if we end up with our young receivers being very good.

Spotrac has his current market value at 10.2 million (3 yrs and a little over 30 mil), but if we're gonna pay a guy that kinda money, I at least wanna know that they can produce. Tyrell Williams may come in and put up Inman numbers, for 5x the money. 

17 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

I belong to several boards, some paid, some not. This is absolutely the worst one in terms of being a free for all. I just started posting a little more on this board but it's painful. The same conversations going on in 5 threads at the same time. A new thread for every "rumor", new video, new article, new comment by someone, etc.. And every "thought" someone has on a pre-existing topic doesn't need a new thread. 

Mods wouldn't have to merge/close threads if they set some basic rules.  For instance, all discussion on a player, goes in the specific player's thread. All Ballard discussion goes in the Ballard thread. All free-agent rumor discussion goes in a "Free Agent Rumor" thread. We don't need a new thread every time a guy is released or signed to another team. Other boards dealing with college and pro teams typically have those basic structural rules. 

So you want people to comb through 100s of posts?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Spotrac has his current market value at 10.2 million (3 yrs and a little over 30 mil), but if we're gonna pay a guy that kinda money, I at least wanna know that they can produce. Tyrell Williams may come in and put up Inman numbers, for 5x the money. 

When I see Williams highlights he is way better then Inman. I think he just got caught up in a numbers game in LA. The most important thing is the coaches really know him so if they think he is worth it I trust them.

56 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What about Williams or Humphries?

They won’t be worth the money they get in free agency considering they are among the best available along with Tate. If there were better studs available where it brings their market down, then I’d possibly be for signing them on a tier 2/3 rate. 

19 minutes ago, CR91 said:

So you want people to comb through 100s of posts?

Do you mean, comb through one thread, or several threads on the same topic.... 

at least if it's one thread, you can catch up without constantly bouncing, and if you ever need to refer back to something, you don't have to look through 10 threads on the same topic to find a previous post.

There's a reason most boards have structure/content guidelines. All paid boards do, and most free as well. But if you prefer the wild west, that's fine too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Irish YJ said:

Do you mean, comb through one thread, or several threads on the same topic.... 

at least if it's one thread, you can catch up without constantly bouncing, and if you ever need to refer back to something, you don't have to look through 10 threads on the same topic to find a previous post.

There's a reason most boards have structure/content guidelines. All paid boards do, and most free as well. But if you prefer the wild west, that's fine too.

Free agency is a constant rumor mill and posters want up to date information and sometimes past threads are 3 pages down and get lost. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

This board is the biggest mess I've ever seen lol. There's a thread for every article, every "breaking" bit of news, etc.. Very little structure. Surprised we don't have new threads for each new crap every roster player or possible roster player takes.

No ones forcing you to be here. You can leave whenever you want, I promise we won’t miss ya

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, creid said:

-A QB that doesn't throw his teammates under the bus. 

-A coach who can control a locker room. 

-A front office who will give him a contract Instead of trying to get his prime years for cheap by forcing him into one year contracts. 

Plenty of reasons for him to come to the colts. And plenty of reasons we should bring him in. Will we? I doubt it. Everyone needs to stop looking at bell as just any running back he's a weapon who is capable of  2000+ scrimmage yards. I know we have more pressing needs but it would be nice to have a historic offence too. 

Bell had no problem re-signing with the steelers, but they didnt wanna pay him 17+ so obviously the internal issues were not the driving force.

56 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Comoaring Wilkuans And Inman is a bad comp and you know it.

Inman is a possession guy...   a move the chains guy.   He’s going tibaverage likely 10-12 yards a catch.    

Williams has averaged nearly 16 yards a catch over the last 3 years.   He is one of only SIX wide receivers to do that in that time.   Williams is a deep threat.

The two are night and day.    Come on now.    If you want to make an argument that Williams is overpriced — fine.   Just make a better argument or comparison.    

But Williams is going to be paid, by us or some other team.   He will not have a shortage of offers.  

40 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Free agency is a constant rumor mill and posters want up to date information and sometimes past threads are 3 pages down and get lost. 

Most serious fans come to a "discussion board" for discussion, not news flashes. 

There are 19 different "Bell" threads in less than 6 months. 2 from you in the last 20ish days. 

A little silly, no? Especially when this thread is based on click bait tweet that doesn't even include an article, and only cites Ian Rapoport (who spews out source-less rumors all day every day). Rapoport also reported Bell and Baltimore, and Bell and Jacksonville speculation in the last 48 hours.

3 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

Most serious fans come to a "discussion board" for discussion, not news flashes. 

There are 19 different "Bell" threads in less than 6 months. 2 from you in the last 20ish days. 

A little silly, no? Especially when this thread is based on click bait tweet that doesn't even include and article, and only cites Ian Rapoport (who spews out source-less rumors all day every day). Rapoport also reported Bell and Baltimore, and Bell and Jacksonville speculation in the last 48 hours.

I made a thread before about Bell becoming a UFA not about where he would go. Yes I will admit I jumped the gun, but that happens a lot. Tons of rumors will be released in the next couple of days and unforunately some of it is click bait. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Bell had no problem re-signing with the steelers, but they didnt wanna pay him 17+ so obviously the internal issues were not the driving force.

Yes your right he would of signed if he was payed properly. I was replying to the comment of that we could "offer nothing team wise the steelers couldn't".

We can only speculate why he didn't sign the steelers offer. I assume it was more about the guaranteed money. If he is offered the same contract Gurley got I'm sure he would take it. But you and I will never know exactly what he turned down. 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wanted no part of Brown, I could live with Bell because Bell is a duel player (great Runner/good Receiver) and much younger than Brown. Brown was acting like a fool last season and he in his 30's on top of it.

Brown wont be the same threat with the raiders.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Brown wont be the same threat with the raiders.

Might not have the same impact, but hes not gonna fall off the face of the earth. Hes still talented and Carr is no slouch

40 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

A little silly, no? Especially when this thread is based on click bait tweet that doesn't even include an article, and only cites Ian Rapoport (who spews out source-less rumors all day every day). Rapoport also reported Bell and Baltimore, and Bell and Jacksonville speculation in the last 48 hours.

Free agency starts tomorrow. If bell is mentioned with the colts then a thread will be started. Big deal who cares. Right now it's all just a bunch of fans having fun speculating and debating. It isn't as messy as you are implying. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

This board is the biggest mess I've ever seen lol. There's a thread for every article, every "breaking" bit of news, etc.. Very little structure. Surprised we don't have new threads for each new crap every roster player or possible roster player takes.

You have Obviously never been to another NFL team forum, night and day difference!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have seen a few folks say this about Tate. Tate is not 26-27 like Williams is, but he is not old either. He is 30. 31 when the season starts. Same age as Antonio Brown (Tate is actually a month younger than AB) and not many people were calling AB old or have issues w a three year deal for him

id be totally fine w a 3 year deal for Tate. 

But it that’s just my opinion 

38 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think we need one thread starting tomorrow that includes all the speculation on the colts. So all the colts news is in one thread.

There usually is one. At least in the last 5-7 years there’s a day 1, 2 ,3 etc thread. Then when/if there is a signing, a thread for that

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

I have seen a few folks say this about Tate. Tate is not 26-27 like Williams is, but he is not old either. He is 30. 31 when the season starts. Same age as Antonio Brown (Tate is actually a month younger than AB) and not many people were calling AB old or have issues w a three year deal for him

id be totally fine w a 3 year deal for Tate. 

But it that’s just my opinion 

Some players can play into their 30's and have no problems in doing so but others drop off. I prefer someone who is 27 but that doesn't always mean better so I get it. I just remember when Andre Johnson came here and we paid him well and he played like a dud. Andre played like Hall of Famer with Houston before we signed him. 

• Like 2

Just now, Moe said:

You have Obviously never been to another NFL team forum, night and day difference!

I belong to several boards across college and pro (and a few tech years ago) that are both free and pay. And I've been a mod. Pay boards are definitely more structured/regulated. Free boards are a mixed bag. For instance a free CBB board I belong to is heads and tails more structured than this. 

Not trying to pick on CR91 specifically, but I think most would agree 19 threads in six months about the same guy is a little much. They have small variances, and they're just updates to the same topic (which is the potential of him being a Colt). If I ever wanted to look at Bell's history for instance of becoming a Colt, I'd have 19 threads to weed through.

Not a big deal. In short, some boards are different. You can also say "you get what you pay for". And in this case it's free.

1 hour ago, Irish YJ said:

This isn't a pay site and there are a lot of good threads here. A lot of knowledgeable posters are here too that are passionate fans and this site is very active unlike many other teams sports sites. So why complain? Just go to the threads you enjoy and important ones and give your opinions, pretty simple. That is what I do. If you think a thread is dumb or repetitive just ignore it. This site is great for up to date news during Free Agency and Draft talk. I have visited some other teams sites and they are slow where nobody even post at all at times. This place stays busy pretty much from 8am-midnight or so. It's free too.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

I belong to several boards across college and pro (and a few tech years ago) that are both free and pay. And I've been a mod. Pay boards are definitely more structured/regulated. Free boards are a mixed bag. For instance a free CBB board I belong to is heads and tails more structured than this. 

Not trying to pick on CR91 specifically, but I think most would agree 19 threads in six months about the same guy is a little much. They have small variances, and they're just updates to the same topic (which is the potential of him being a Colt). If I ever wanted to look at Bell's history for instance of becoming a Colt, I'd have 19 threads to weed through.

Not a big deal. In short, some boards are different. You can also say "you get what you pay for". And in this case it's free.

There is a simple solution to this... called “ignore function” if that doesn’t work for ya, simply scroll past them. It’s really that simple

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Mostly true

I do think we need at least one bigger back on the roster.

Bennie Snell...... Cmon down.

I have cooled on Bell to the Colts from mid Oct on (we actually started to do well, running)

I dont believe that Bell is a cancer, but I do believe that his high cost point might be an issue in the locker room

Agree MC. I don't think he would necessarily be a locker room cancer. I did at first but he has shut his mouth now for a few months and seem to let the chips fall where they may. If we had him I believe he would help us control the line of scrimmage at least 10% more than we do now with an improved running game which would help our defense.

I too do not think we will sign him but would not freak out if we did. 

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Well now there wouldn't be so many threads 3 pages down if ....   :dunno:

But i'm not complaining. Do you think we should... sign every ____ player that becomes available threads gets oooooooooold. But i'm not complaing.
 I think all forum members should have to start a thread at least once a week.
That would be fun.

• Thanks 1