Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bell rumor update

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

lol. That is not true.

Who will we sign? 

Just asking cuz it seems like you know for 100% this isn't true so you must see the future or something?  So who does the colts get in free agency?  Its okay to spoil it to btw! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

St the right price I don't mind

What’s the right price for a position that is not a top 3 need? Do we pay 8 million a year with incentives? Do we sacrifice getting a RB at a huge price tag instead of getting a DE, DT, WR or safety, which are all much greater needs than a premadona RB? So what’s the “right” price going to look like to everyone? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

What’s the right price for a position that is not a top 3 need? Do we pay 8 million a year with incentives? Do we sacrifice getting a RB at a huge price tag instead of getting a DE, DT, WR or safety, which are all much greater needs than a premadona RB? So what’s the “right” price going to look like to everyone? 

The right price would be much below what he is asking. For me. I'd rather spend that money on needs than luxury. But if he's willing to come much cheaper I would have to seriously think about if. 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

The right price would be much below what he is asking. For me. I'd rather spend that money on needs than luxury. But if he's willing to come much cheaper I would have to seriously think about if. 

Never know the Jets stink :funny:, money talks but it depends on too how bad he wants to win. Jets aren't going anywhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Agree, it would have to be far under what he has asked for.  I don’t believe his ego could allow him to drop his price that far down. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Who will we sign? 

Just asking cuz it seems like you know for 100% this isn't true so you must see the future or something?  So who does the colts get in free agency?  Its okay to spoil it to btw! 

Because if you watch the video Ian was just speculating. The colts name is going to be connected to everyone because of our cap space. We don’t even need a RB.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Here it is. But he is not saying the colts are interested. All he is saying is where he could land. He should know Ballard is not doing this.

Thank you for that chloe. The right price is not happening. Bell will not take less money to come here imo. There is nothing team wise the colts could offer Bell that the steelers didnt. This isnt about winning, its about money and if he wants to waste his prime on a bad team like the jets, thats his problem

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Jdubu said:

Agree, it would have to be far under what he has asked for.  I don’t believe his ego could allow him to drop his price that far down. 

Probably not. But it's about priorities. Is it all about the money? Or about sacrifice to try to do something special?

most cases I'd say it's about the dough. Even though you can make the difference up in other areas. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Here are a few more factual statements:

”He could land in the XFL.”  

“He could join brown in Oakland.”

“He could retire.”

So far, the Colts have been mentioned for every non-QB FA. 

These talking heads show that they know very little about the Colts.  They think we are going to spend for the sake of spending just because we can.  Nevermind who we already have at the position, our actual areas of need or our GM’s philosophy which he spouts ad nauseum to anyone willing to listen.  Lazy so called journalism. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Here are a few more factual statements:

”He could land in the XFL.”  

“He could join brown in Oakland.”

“He could retire.”

So far, the Colts have been mentioned for every non-QB FA. 

Meaning....if we throw enough excrement against the wall something is bound to stick

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

These talking heads show that they know very little about the Colts.  They think we are going to spend for the sake of spending just because we can.  Nevermind who we already have at the position, our actual areas of need or our GM’s philosophy which he spouts ad nauseum to anyone willing to listen.  Lazy so called journalism. 

Well now that the AB debacle is over, they need something new to talk about

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

What else is new? Outside of Indianapolis not many know our team or how Ballard thinks. Afterall we were picked to finish 2-14 by some and 4-12 by most lmao 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What else is new? Outside of Indianapolis not many know our team or how Ballard thinks. Afterall we were picked to finish 2-14 by some and 4-12 by most lmao 

And we really couldn’t have blamed them for picking us at 4-12 last year. AL had yet to really throw yet and we had a debacle at getting a new coach plus a defense that looked terrible prior season and an oline that was Swiss cheese. Everything we did above 4-12 was an absolute gift under all those assumptions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jdubu said:

And we really couldn’t have blamed them for picking us at 4-12 last year. AL had yet to really throw yet and we had a debacle at getting a new coach plus a defense that looked terrible prior season and an oline that was Swiss cheese. Everything we did above 4-12 was an absolute gift under all those assumptions. 

I know I even screwed up and picked us 9-7 :funny:, I can't get anything right haha 

• Like 2

Forgive me for seeming callous, but how is the original post information any different than anything we've already been fed?

It seems that Colts brass has one of the best poker faces in the game.  Armed with $101 million in free and clear cap space, there has been no definitive intel on who the Colts are truly targeting.  Kudos to them for maintaining leverage through secrecy.  

I love not knowing who we'll land in free agency.  It will be like getting up on Christmas morning to open our presents... with great hopes but no guarantees.  Such are the simple pleasures in life.  

It's a great luxury to have faith in our front office's ability to make smart business decisions for the short AND long term.  Love it!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To be fair, they have to cover 32 teams...which tells me they know very little about any of them!

Some of the mocks have been ridiculous.  It’s obvious they don’t listen to Ballard.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BluHorzhu said:

Forgive me for seeming callous, but how is the original post information any different than anything we've already been fed?

This board is the biggest mess I've ever seen lol. There's a thread for every article, every "breaking" bit of news, etc.. Very little structure. Surprised we don't have new threads for each new crap every roster player or possible roster player takes.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Keep us informed. No nfl network for me.

Randy Moss did the segment.  The reporter not the player.  Basically just said that the Colts have the most cap space (around 101 million).  Noted that Colts had the second most space last season but approached free agency conservatively signing guys like Denico Autry, Ebron, etc.  Talked about how that strategy paid off and how Colts were considered the team who did the best in free agency last year based on how their signings performed last season .  Pretty much said the question is how will Ballard play it this time...just because he has money to spend doesn’t mean the Colts will be flashy.  Said based on last year’s success Ballard should get the benefit of the doubt however he decides to play it this year.  He identified our main needs as defensive line, wide receiver.  Didn’t get into any rumors or possible players we are looking at. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Because if you watch the video Ian was just speculating. The colts name is going to be connected to everyone because of our cap space. We don’t even need a RB.

Mostly true

I do think we need at least one bigger back on the roster.

Bennie Snell...... Cmon down.

I have cooled on Bell to the Colts from mid Oct on (we actually started to do well, running)

I dont believe that Bell is a cancer, but I do believe that his high cost point might be an issue in the locker room

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Never know the Jets stink :funny:, money talks but it depends on too how bad he wants to win. Jets aren't going anywhere.

I dunno, Sam darnold was looking good late in the season and is bound to get better under Gase.  I think they could be headed in the right direction anyway.

1 hour ago, Irish YJ said:

This board is the biggest mess I've ever seen lol. There's a thread for every article, every "breaking" bit of news, etc.. Very little structure. Surprised we don't have new threads for each new crap every roster player or possible roster player takes.

You have to expect it this time of year. The Mods lock and merge new/duplicate threads all the time ... but a lot of posters give them push back because they feel do it(close/merge threads) too much. Can't please everyone. This forum is a lot more organized than many teams websites I have visited.

• Thanks 1