Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hurray if Florio report on Antonio Brown is accurate !


HOF19

Recommended Posts

It is over...…… 2 great ……. GREAT things have happened if this is true ……#1 AB is traded and we can stop talking about it AND EVEN BETTER NEWS !!!!!...…… HE WILL NOT BE A COLT !!!!!!! ...…...That puts me in a party mood !

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HOF19 said:

It is over...…… 2 great ……. GREAT things have happened if this is true ……#1 AB is traded and we can stop talking about it AND EVEN BETTER NEWS !!!!!...…… HE WILL NOT BE A COLT !!!!!!! ...…...That puts me in a party mood !

It's  not better news as we barely beat the raiders without brown. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Stephen said:

It's  not better news as we barely beat the raiders without brown. 

   We should be better this year (so should the Raiders), do who knows?

    I look at the Brown acquisition like the guy who’s landed a really good-looking girlfriend that’s got a questionable character. In the end, misery. Time will tell. I’m just glad he’s not a Colt (and he didn’t go to NE.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

   We should be better this year (so should the Raiders), do who knows?

    I look at the Brown acquisition like the guy who’s landed a really good-looking girlfriend that’s got a questionable character. In the end, misery. Time will tell. I’m just glad he’s not a Colt (and he didn’t go to NE.)

I was going to say the same thing... kind of like you want to show it off for a bit, but deep down you know its never going to last lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HOF19 said:

It is over...…… 2 great ……. GREAT things have happened if this is true ……#1 AB is traded and we can stop talking about it AND EVEN BETTER NEWS !!!!!...…… HE WILL NOT BE A COLT !!!!!!! ...…...That puts me in a party mood !

 

Yes indeed.

It's is Great News that the colts won't be adding one of the Best players in a much needed position. And for 2 mid round picks. 

 

We can only pray to bring back the highly talented Inman. Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

 

Yes indeed.

It's is Great News that the colts won't be adding one of the Best players in a much needed position. And for 2 mid round picks. 

 

Yes, I want the next Terrell Owens on my team for one year to distract the locker room and get the HC/GM ticked off enough to cut you...   :rollseyes:

 

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/25/terrell-owens-giving-antonio-brown-advice-according-to-terrell-owens/

 

**Andy Reid suspends Owen for four games for conduct detrimental to the team, then deactivates him for the final five games. Owens signs with Dallas after the season.**

 

Dungy says if you can't play for Reid, you can't play for him either.  I don't want a T.O. mentored diva either.

 

10 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

We can only pray to bring back the highly talented Inman. Lol

 

As long as he doesn't fight with asst. coaches or former teammates in the locker room (T.O. did,  Brown's mentor)

 

https://tinyurl.com/y5rsjxyy

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So Brown got a new contract starting this season. Did PIT really just weasel their way out of a monster dead cap hit by tearing up his old contract and having him sign a new one?

 

Edit: Nevermind...just saw that they did have to eat it. I wonder if the NFL would even let you do that. Rip up the old contract, sign a new one with all guarantees in the form of Roster Bonuses and Base Salary...and then trade him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

So Brown got a new contract starting this season. Did PIT really just weasel their way out of a monster dead cap hit by tearing up his old contract and having him sign a new one?

 

No, not at all.  Steelers have a 21.1 million dead cap for AB. But they do get 1 million cap savings.  (AB would have cost 22.1 million against the cap being on the roster).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

No, not at all.  Steelers have a 21.1 million dead cap for AB. But they do get 1 million cap savings.  (AB would have cost 22.1 million against the cap being on the roster).

 

Yeah...I was just reading up on it. I have to think they tried to shift that signing bonus into gtd base salary...but Brown said no thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

Yes, I want the next Terrell Owens on my team for one year to distract the locker room and get the HC/GM ticked off enough to cut you...   :rollseyes:

 

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/25/terrell-owens-giving-antonio-brown-advice-according-to-terrell-owens/

 

**Andy Reid suspends Owen for four games for conduct detrimental to the team, then deactivates him for the final five games. Owens signs with Dallas after the season.**

 

Dungy says if you can't play for Reid, you can't play for him either.  I don't want a T.O. mentored diva either.

 

 

As long as he doesn't fight with asst. coaches or former teammates in the locker room (T.O. did,  Brown's mentor)

 

https://tinyurl.com/y5rsjxyy

 

 

 

Ah come on Antonio can tell every coach in football how to coach...…..:sarcasm:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

 

Yes indeed.

It's is Great News that the colts won't be adding one of the Best players in a much needed position. And for 2 mid round picks. 

 

We can only pray to bring back the highly talented Inman. Lol

 

Yes.  It truly is great news that one of the biggest, most self-centered pains in the backside has been signed elsewhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

 

Yes indeed.

It's is Great News that the colts won't be adding one of the Best players in a much needed position. And for 2 mid round picks. 

 

We can only pray to bring back the highly talented Inman. Lol

Hey, man, he fits the culture lol. The culture will be even stronger next year, which will take us past the Chiefs and Patriots. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't too worried about Brown being a Colt.  

 

He just seems to be the polar opposite of the type of players Ballard likes to bring in.  

 

He's a diva who's in his 30's and wants a lot of money.  That's not Ballard's type of player.   I would have been shocked if Ballard had pulled the trigger on a trade for him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • It's the already paid signing bonus that was the issue. If you want a player to give money back, I don't think you should be able to keep their rights into perpetuity.   But the pending bonus was a different story, and I don't know what the rules were on that one. Uncharted territory, as far as I know.
    • I would 100% give a second round for Darnold, hell we have fleeced the Jets enough and possibly trading Brissett along with it. I still think he has every single tool to be a great QB in this league, his issue is #1 whose around him talent wise and #2 who is coaching him. It gets him out of a bad situation and keeps us set up to be contenders moving forward. He gets the time to learn our offense and team and then next year we roll with Darnold and Eason. I honestly see it as an absolute win for every party involved besides Brissett but even then he would only be there for a year.   I think its a move we need to make because otherwise we are in QB purgatory for the next several years. We have too good of a defense and to much talent to sit idly by without having an above average QB. 
    • We aren't some bad team, he would sign here, and the price was a 3rd and conditional 5th that could be a 4th. Just offer a 3rd and 4th next year and you get him. Ballard knew this 100%. I don't give him the benefit of the doubt to draft pass-rushers. In fact, quite the opposite. He has proven he can't draft them with Lewis, Banogu, and Turay.
    • I think a rules change is needed lol...  IMO, you shouldn't have to pay any unrealized contract $ to retain rights, and you shouldn't lose the rights to any player retiring mid contract. The money should have returned, and if he ever decides to come back, the Colts should have first option to reinstate the contract. 
    • If about $20 plus mil. a year comes off the QB position with JB (even if we bring back Rivers), we should be able to make it work. If we felt it was a fit, we would make it work. It is just that Ballard still feels this roster needs more talent added on the offensive side and other areas that only draft picks can provide unless you overpay in free agency. That is my educated guess.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...