Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOF19

Hurray if Florio report on Antonio Brown is accurate !

Steelers get a third-round pick and a fifth-round pick for Antonio Brown from Raiders

Posted by Mike Florio on March 10, 2019, 1:00 AM EST

It is over...…… 2 great ……. GREAT things have happened if this is true ……#1 AB is traded and we can stop talking about it AND EVEN BETTER NEWS !!!!!...…… HE WILL NOT BE A COLT !!!!!!! ...…...That puts me in a party mood !

This NBC Sports headline also makes me happy >>>>>>> 

Raiders, Colts expected to pursue Tyrell Williams

Posted by Charean Williams on March 6, 2019, 2:56 PM

6 hours ago, HOF19 said:

It is over...…… 2 great ……. GREAT things have happened if this is true ……#1 AB is traded and we can stop talking about it AND EVEN BETTER NEWS !!!!!...…… HE WILL NOT BE A COLT !!!!!!! ...…...That puts me in a party mood !

It's  not better news as we barely beat the raiders without brown. 

16 minutes ago, Stephen said:

We should be better this year (so should the Raiders), do who knows?

I look at the Brown acquisition like the guy who’s landed a really good-looking girlfriend that’s got a questionable character. In the end, misery. Time will tell. I’m just glad he’s not a Colt (and he didn’t go to NE.)

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Hahaha!  You mean when we only beat them by 14. Break a leg AB.

42 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Why is this in the Colts forum?

Thx.  It's moved.

2 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

We should be better this year (so should the Raiders), do who knows?

I look at the Brown acquisition like the guy who’s landed a really good-looking girlfriend that’s got a questionable character. In the end, misery. Time will tell. I’m just glad he’s not a Colt (and he didn’t go to NE.)

I was going to say the same thing... kind of like you want to show it off for a bit, but deep down you know its never going to last lol

10 hours ago, HOF19 said:

Yes indeed.

It's is Great News that the colts won't be adding one of the Best players in a much needed position. And for 2 mid round picks. 

We can only pray to bring back the highly talented Inman. Lol

10 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yes indeed.

It's is Great News that the colts won't be adding one of the Best players in a much needed position. And for 2 mid round picks. 

Yes, I want the next Terrell Owens on my team for one year to distract the locker room and get the HC/GM ticked off enough to cut you...   :rollseyes:

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/25/terrell-owens-giving-antonio-brown-advice-according-to-terrell-owens/

**Andy Reid suspends Owen for four games for conduct detrimental to the team, then deactivates him for the final five games. Owens signs with Dallas after the season.**

Dungy says if you can't play for Reid, you can't play for him either.  I don't want a T.O. mentored diva either.

10 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

As long as he doesn't fight with asst. coaches or former teammates in the locker room (T.O. did,  Brown's mentor)

https://tinyurl.com/y5rsjxyy

So Brown got a new contract starting this season. Did PIT really just weasel their way out of a monster dead cap hit by tearing up his old contract and having him sign a new one?

Edit: Nevermind...just saw that they did have to eat it. I wonder if the NFL would even let you do that. Rip up the old contract, sign a new one with all guarantees in the form of Roster Bonuses and Base Salary...and then trade him.

3 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

So Brown got a new contract starting this season. Did PIT really just weasel their way out of a monster dead cap hit by tearing up his old contract and having him sign a new one?

No, not at all.  Steelers have a 21.1 million dead cap for AB. But they do get 1 million cap savings.  (AB would have cost 22.1 million against the cap being on the roster).

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

No, not at all.  Steelers have a 21.1 million dead cap for AB. But they do get 1 million cap savings.  (AB would have cost 22.1 million against the cap being on the roster).

Yeah...I was just reading up on it. I have to think they tried to shift that signing bonus into gtd base salary...but Brown said no thanks.

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Yes, I want the next Terrell Owens on my team for one year to distract the locker room and get the HC/GM ticked off enough to cut you...   :rollseyes:

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/25/terrell-owens-giving-antonio-brown-advice-according-to-terrell-owens/

**Andy Reid suspends Owen for four games for conduct detrimental to the team, then deactivates him for the final five games. Owens signs with Dallas after the season.**

Dungy says if you can't play for Reid, you can't play for him either.  I don't want a T.O. mentored diva either.

As long as he doesn't fight with asst. coaches or former teammates in the locker room (T.O. did,  Brown's mentor)

https://tinyurl.com/y5rsjxyy

Ah come on Antonio can tell every coach in football how to coach...…..:sarcasm:

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yes indeed.

Yes.  It truly is great news that one of the biggest, most self-centered pains in the backside has been signed elsewhere.

11 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yes indeed.

Hey, man, he fits the culture lol. The culture will be even stronger next year, which will take us past the Chiefs and Patriots. 

Wooohoooo!!!

Now if Bell would just sign somewhere else, we can stop wasting bandwidth/everyone's time on all these "The Colts should trade for Bell/AB should" nonsense threads. 

I wasn't too worried about Brown being a Colt.  

He just seems to be the polar opposite of the type of players Ballard likes to bring in.  

He's a diva who's in his 30's and wants a lot of money.  That's not Ballard's type of player.   I would have been shocked if Ballard had pulled the trigger on a trade for him. 

Marlon Mack looks too promising and the other RBs for the Colts are too solid to spend buckets on any RB.

32 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Apparently the Raiders have a strategy. Sign everyone named Brown!

Is Jon Gruden trying to coax Tim Brown out of retirement too?  :headspin:

On 3/10/2019 at 5:05 PM, King Colt said:

Anyone seeing the Browns licking their chops?

They just sat down to a five-course meal.