Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nfl.com: Titans Prepare For Peyton Visit

pacolts56

Not to get too callous, but at what point do these threads belong in the General NFL section instead of Colts Football section?

Probably about the time people start to get over the shock, I guess. Unfortunately, PM is no longer a Colt, though.

Or maybe it's a little like my checkbook, where it takes me months into each year before I start remembering to change the year...?

Well he's the face of the franchise. I think it's still sort of appropriate for him to be in the colts section. Whatever his decision is, it will impact the colts. If he goes to the afc south, for however long Manning plays you can expect his new team to win the division. If he goes to a team with a lot of cap space, guys like wayne, garcon, clark might not be back.

Not to get too callous, but at what point do these threads belong in the General NFL section instead of Colts Football section?

Probably about the time people start to get over the shock, I guess. Unfortunately, PM is no longer a Colt, though.

Or maybe it's a little like my checkbook, where it takes me months into each year before I start remembering to change the year...?

I'd say while he's still in limbo, these threads can stay here. When he's with a new team, move them.

Well he's the face of the franchise. I think it's still sort of appropriate for him to be in the colts section. Whatever his decision is, it will impact the colts. If he goes to the afc south, for however Manning plays you can expect his new team to win the division. If he goes to a team with a lot of cap space, guys like wayne, garcon, clark might not be back.

Clark is already not going to be back.

If you can get Clark cheap, now that he is released, it makes perfect sense for the colts to try and resign him, especially when you have a rookie qb that will need a security blanket.

One of the CAP gurus would need to chime in, but I was of the impression that cutting him didn't really make much room under the cap. Why try to bring him back under a new contract when the old one wasn't too expensive?

I think it's insulting Peyton is even entertaining the Titans offer. Peyton has plenty of other teams he could join. Why go out of his way to inconvenience his former fan-base?

Yes, I could see that, however, from his standpoint, he would be joining a division that he knows very well. Coming back to football after a year off, it may help him to join a conference where he has a lot of familiarity.

Where is the source for this? All I have read so far has said he is done with the tours after Arizona and Denver, despite interest from KC, TN, and Miami.

To be blunt, Peyton is my favorite athlete of all time. But I cannot say I will be all too happy with him if he decides to join the Titans. I cannot root for him to do well when he is in direct competition with the Colts. I really want Peyton to go on and be successful, but I am a Colts fan by heart, and I just cannot cheer for my team to lose.

I think it's insulting Peyton is even entertaining the Titans offer. Peyton has plenty of other teams he could join. Why go out of his way to inconvenience his former fan-base?

It would have to do more with Peyton letting Irsay know what he really thinks of him. Frankly, I'd laugh my butt off because we deserve it. After all, it's a business, right?

he's just doing it out of courtesy if he sees any more afc south teams. titans is just courtesy too, he would NEVER play for them.

Why not? At a time where the franchise should have been showing loyalty, they let him go. So why should he show loyalty to the franchise?

Going to the Titans is not a revenge move. Peyton played college there, is loved in that state, and his wife also went to college there. Tennessee feels like home to Peyton, and if he went there that would be one of the major reasons. It isn't about "revenge".

I agree, it is not revenge at its core. But he does also know he has to face his old team twice per year, every year. That would certainly sting a lot of Colts fan if that, of all places, is his decision.

He is beloved in Tennessee...and as a Colt fan that spends a great deal of his time in the Nashville area....there were a TON of Colts fans in Tennessee just because of him. He is kind of like the Damon Bailey/Steve Alford of Tennessee...of course a million times more successful but it would be like Tennessee's favorite son coming home. Peyton loves Tennessee and if he thought it was the best fit he would do it. He already has tons of knowledge about the AFC South but I know he won't feel good about playing the Colts....but than again...who is left on the Colts that he knows???? He probably has more close friends playing with the Titans than he would have facing the Colts.

Id rather see Manning with the Cards or Broncs. Much better teams. Miami doesnt intrest Peyton for some reason. Wonder what the story is on that..

The owner has a lot to do with that. I am not sure Peyton trust him not to >>> things up behind the scenes. I think Peyton sees it as simply a way to fill the stadium rather than win a championship. IMO

It won't sting as much when the Colts win.

I just spit pop out of my nose with that one.. We couldnt score as many points against them as they scored against us(both games combined) with HAssleback as their qb and Chris Johnson coming in late of a hold out. Peyton will torch this d next year if we play them..

I just spit pop out of my nose with that one.. We couldnt score as many points against them as they scored against us(both games combined) with HAssleback as their qb and Chris Johnson coming in late of a hold out. Peyton will torch this d next year if we play them..

You're welcome to spit pop out of your nose at anytime.

If there wasn't any chance to win a game, why play it? I think the Colts will improve over last year, and improve even more into 2013 and 2014. I think the Colts will have a good shot at winning against the Titans every year they play, and that shot will improve as each year goes by.

Yes, they belong in the general NFL section. Good point.

Always a Colt dude!!!!!!!!!

Going to the Titans is not a revenge move. Peyton played college there, is loved in that state, and his wife also went to college there. Tennessee feels like home to Peyton, and if he went there that would be one of the major reasons. It isn't about "revenge".

i believe some of the things you say are true, but if we are to believe what we have been reading in the news about Manning's choices and the reasons he may go to team A.....this logic doesn't fit here. His choices were to come down to a team that has a shot at the SB but may be a QB short. I don't see the Titans with a defense thats ready to go and other than CJ the Britt(he can't stay healthy) no way the Titans are ready in the next few years to compete....jmo

OK, but what about if and when he signs with another team?

I believe the mods have made it clear that until he signs they will make an exception for obvious reasons. Let's not get out our erasers and make him disappear too quickly.