Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just imagine for a sec what having Antonio Brown opposite TY would do to opposing defenses?

GusFring

I would say that this doesn't fit the often stated Ballard Mantra

Point 2 is the biggest reason why it wont happen

But its in conflict with at least 2 others

I see it as a 0% chance

Ballard Rules to build a Championship team

- Build the lines FIRST

- Build the team with high character leaders (No Locker room "cancers" allowed)

- Don't overpay for aging FAs

- Get a little better as a team, and as an individual, every week

- Draft plan - Best Player Available

- Reward the current contributors with fair contracts, when contracts are up. (Grow your own mentality)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GusFring said:

No safety would dare come in the box. Even LBers would be more concerned with coverage than stopping the run. 

I take it you haven't been paying any attention to what Ballard has been saying since day one.

His pressers are on Colts.com if you care to take a listen to them.

• Like 1

no no no. We have a cohesive locker room and we need to keep that established for the long run... just take a look at the Steelers right now, easily the most turbulent and spiraling team. It doesn't matter if it's Tomlin, Ben, or Brown...Brown was and is definitely at least part of the problem.

2 hours ago, GusFring said:

No safety would dare come in the box. Even LBers would be more concerned with coverage than stopping the run. 

Gussssssssssssss!    You’re back!

And you ask us to consider what having AB would mean to this offense?

Look around the website.   I think there are AntinioBrown threads on every page.   Colts, NFL, And the draft-free agent image.

In other words considering AB is all we’ve been doing.   Consider, consider, consider.    I think the consensus here is the negative far outweighs the positive.   Sorry.

But welcome back!   

.....: just imagine what Antonio Brown would do to the locker room.  TY doesnt need any bad influences, he was getting a little "wild"  for a while there with Moncrief:

Imo, the best fit would either be a FA guy who comes in and KEEPS HIS MOUTH SHUT, buys in with the coaching, and shows flashes and professionalism.  That guy from the chargers could be the ticket, he'd fit with OC.    If it is a rookie, he needs to be confident enuff to not be intimidated by TY.  A guy who feels onTY's "level".

It would be nice to have a solid , confident #2 who pushes for TY's catches.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Gussssssssssssss!    You’re back!

And you ask us to consider what having AB would mean to this offense?

Look around the website.   I think there are AntinioBrown threads on every page.   Colts, NFL, And the draft-free agent image.

In other words considering AB is all we’ve been doing.   Consider, consider, consider.    I think the consensus here is the negative far outweighs the positive.   Sorry.

But welcome back!   

Yes, I was trying to talk sense to you people. The offense would be unstoppable. 

22 minutes ago, GusFring said:

Yes, I was trying to talk sense to you people. The offense would be unstoppable. 

How many SB did the Steelers win with him. That would be zero. Don’t buy into the hype that the offense would be so unstoppable we would automatically win s SB. Ever notice teams with all these divas rarely win a SB. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, GusFring said:

In the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter what people here think.    It only matters what Chris Ballard thinks.

And if Ballard wanted him he’d be a Colt right now.   So the ship has sailed on that one.

Welcome back!

5 hours ago, Smonroe said:

He’ll be a perfect Raider.  Cost a fortune, will complain about not getting the ball, and be out of the league next year.  

He is probably going to be a Raidah...apparently he has started wearing black & silver clothes...statement?

2 hours ago, GusFring said:

But what if you are in the playoffs against another unstoppable offense...like KC?  You need a defense that can get you at  least 1 stop and that can determine the game.

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

In the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter what people here think.    It only matters what Chris Ballard thinks.

And if Ballard wanted him he’d be a Colt right now.   So the ship has sailed on that one.

Welcome back!

I don't think Pitt would dare give Andrew Luck AB. No way. Unless CB offered them a 1. They would probably prefer a 3rd pick from some bad nfc team rather than a 2nd rnder from a good afc team. 

12 hours ago, MarquisJ said:

I mean who wouldn’t want AB but it’s just not going to happen..

Who wouldn't want AB?... Hmm let's see 30 of the 32 teams that refused to give up a first for him might have a say.

Or maybe the 29 of 32 teams that were unwilling to also give him a contract.

Oh and of course the team trying to trade him...

AB is a cancer.  He may have been fueled by Ben but there's no denying he's a cancer and no one pays top dollar for cancer except the dunces.  "Que Raiders signing announcement"