Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wouldn't this be interesting!!?

I read were Seattle tagged DE Frank Clark on March 4, then an article that was written on March 6 (247 Sports) called "Frank Clark lays the ground work to recruit S Landon Collins", where the article was saying that Clark was very clear in what free agency he wanted the Seahawks to bring in, i.e. S Landon Collins. But now on March 8th, Rotoworld just put out that Seattle is getting trade interest in Clark. Could that mean maybe Collins has already told them he isn't interested in Seattle, and that Clark might not be happy now with the tag, and hinted around were he would like a trade? 

Maybe the talk about the Colts being interested in Collins is true, and would you make a trade for Frank Clark? 

Here's a wish: Clark, Mosley and Collins 

57 minutes ago, aavmarine said:

I read were Seattle tagged DE Frank Clark on March 4, then an article that was written on March 6 (247 Sports) called "Frank Clark lays the ground work to recruit S Landon Collins", where the article was saying that Clark was very clear in what free agency he wanted the Seahawks to bring in, i.e. S Landon Collins. But now on March 8th, Rotoworld just put out that Seattle is getting trade interest in Clark. Could that mean maybe Collins has already told them he isn't interested in Seattle, and that Clark might not be happy now with the tag, and hinted around were he would like a trade? 

Maybe the talk about the Colts being interested in Collins is true, and would you make a trade for Frank Clark? 

Since when did Clark start telling John Schneider and Pete Carroll what he wants and who to bring in?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Since when did Clark start telling John Schneider and Pete Carroll what he wants and who to bring in?

I didn't say he had told those two who he wants. He had expressed that he want Collins through a tweet, and there are also rumors of Seattle wanting to sign him. I just found it interesting that they tagged him 4 days ago, and today they are getting trade talks from other teams.

Why do u think Clowney, Ford and Clarke can  apparently be gotten in a trade?  It's a loaded D line draft. So let's trade for these guys and watch say  the Chiefs draft a young D line for cheap with our pick.  Nah.  I will stay where we r.  Use  2 of our first 3 picks on D line.

6 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Why do u think Clowney, Ford and Clarke can  apparently be gotten in a trade?  It's a loaded D line draft. So let's trade for these guys and watch say  the Chiefs draft a young D line for cheap with our pick.  Nah.  I will stay where we r.  Use  2 of our first 3 picks on D line.

Who ever said anything about the Chiefs, and I never said anything about Clowney or Ford, I just mentioned DE Frank Clark from the Seattle Seahawks. He is only 25 yrs old, with 35 sacks in his first 4 years. I would say that is pretty young. And because also, Rotoworld just posted that Seattle is getting trade interest from other teams, when they just tagged him 4 days ago.

2 hours ago, aavmarine said:

No.

just

well 

no

• Like 1

I think it is sometimes misunderstood when reporters report that there is “trade interest” from teams for a certain player. 

Throughout the offseason, I’m sure there are many talks/interests from all 32 teams for players we would never think would be negotiated for. Most are turned down, and we never hear about them. The ones we do hear about are turned down over half the time as well. 

He very well could get traded with teams starting to seem like they are using the franchise tag as leverage to trade players without any intent of keeping them, but I doubt Ballard will part with any pick higher than a 3rd with this year’s draft crop.

9 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Why would you say use 1st two picks on Dline when you have no idea who will be available for those picks?

How about we just take the BPA when we pick whether it be DLine, secondary, OLine, WR, etc?

They all need upgraded. 

1 hour ago, DerekDiggler said:

Why would you say use 1st two picks on Dline when you have no idea who will be available for those picks?

How about we just take the BPA when we pick whether it be DLine, secondary, OLine, WR, etc?

They all need upgraded. 

Agree. I was just hoping there  still would b D line talent available with our first 2 picks and they woukd b BPA

• Thanks 1

Just read on BR we are one of the teams along with the Bills who are tied to this Clark talk.  Ed Dobbs has his connections there.  Ballard has his in KC with Ford.  Personally I think there is a strong chance Flowers resigns with NE.  So I can see us inquiring on these two players.  What would it take though?  Just picks or would Mack make sense for either team along with a pick?  Could either team use a RB?  Of course that would leave us with a hole at RB.  Then what do we do?  LOL.  I can't imagine all of the conversations that are taking place this weekend in NFL front offices.  Great week coming up though.  Free agent frenzy right around the corner.