Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Off Season Mock - Resign, Fa, Draft

I'm constantly thinking of how the Colts will look moving forward, what moves I think the Colts should/could make... So I put it down in writing...

OFF SEASON MOCK:

Cuts has already been made. I haven’t got a problem with a single one of them.

RESIGNINGS:

OL Mike Pollak

Moves to his natural positon at center with Saturday probably retiring.

DL Jamaal Anderson

I think he would thrive at 3-4 DE.

TE Jacob Tamme

With Clark gone, Tamme is the primary receiving TE.

LB Philip Wheeler

I think Wheeler would be good at 3-4 OLB, and he could play nickel as well.

QB Dan Orlovsky

Not a starter, but proved to be a capable backup. Will back up Andrew Luck.

TRADES:

Dwight Freeney is traded to a DE needy team – and there are plenty of them! Bills, Dolphins, Titans, Jaguars, Browns all need 4-3 DE. If 3-4 teams is interested, Jets, Cardinals and Chargers need a pass rusher too. Dwight could probably haul in something like a mid 2nd to 3rd round pick. I’m gonna send him to Buffalo for their 3rd round pick (#10) in this mock.

FREE AGENCY:

DL Cory Redding

Knows Pagano, knows Paganos system, tremendous against the run, good inside pass rusher. The Colts need interior defensive linemen.

OLB Jarret Johnson

Same story as Redding. Johnson isn’t a good pass rusher, but is a beast against the run. Johnson would be solid for a year or two at left OLB with Robert Mathis moving to the right side OLB. Mathis, Hughes, Wheeler and Johnson would be a good rotation at OLB – of course with Mathis as the primary pass rusher in a Terrell Suggs-role.

S Haruki Nakamua

I know, another Raven. But all these Ravens players just makes too much sense. Colts has gaping holes at most positions, and Nakamura fills the one at SS.

Dream signing: LB Dan Connor

But I don’t believe it will happen. Would love to pair him with Angerer. Kavell Conner would provide a great rotation. Connor can play nickel too, Conner can’t at the moment.

DRAFT

Not including potential compensation picks.

1: Andrew Luck, QB – Stanford

No brainer. New regime, new era, new quarterback. Best player available… in many, many years.

2: Stephon Gilmore, CB – South Carolina

Colts need to improve the secondary and find a CB-partner to Powers. Gilmore is on the rise though, but if he is available here, he would be great pick! He’s good in coverage and sure, hard hitting tackler. I don’t believe DT Fletcher Cox makes it here, otherwise he would be a fantastisk pick too. OG Kevin Zeitler would be solid as well. Coby Fleener is another good option.

3: Nick Toon, WR – Wisconsin

Best receiver at this point and could be a bit of a steal. This draft is very deep at WR, but Toon presents very good value at this pick.

3 (From Bills): Brandon Washington, OG – Miami

(Colts desperately needs help at the interior offensive line. Washington is a great guard prospect, where he excelled before being moved to left tackle.

4: Josh Chapman, DT – Alabama

The nose tackle in the new 3-4 based defense. Chapman is by no means a pass rusher, but eats up blocks and holds his own against double teams. Is a run defender only. I think he could be available at the top of the round.

5: Greg Childs, WR – Arkansas

An injury has set Childs back, but he is definitely worth taking a shot on at this point in the draft)

6: Omar Bolden, CB – Arizona State

An ACL injury in 2011, and that being his second significant knee injury, means Bolden drops a long way. He has potential to so much more, but you can afford to gamble with Bolden and medical concerns here, as his potential makes it a high reward, low risk pick.

7: Lonnie Edwards, OG – Texas Tech

Can’t have enough depth at the line, and the Colts don’t really have any at the moment.

UFA: Griff Whalen, WR – Stanford

He was Stanfords leading receiver and Luck’s favorite target at Stanford. Why not pair them again?

I will be so mad if we get a safety from the Ravens not named Zbikowski but overall not a bad draft. I don't really like Gilmore all that much but I really like the Childs pick especially since we grabbed Toon before him.

I'm constantly thinking of how the Colts will look moving forward, what moves I think the Colts should/could make... So I put it down in writing...

OFF SEASON MOCK:

Cuts has already been made. I haven’t got a problem with a single one of them.

RESIGNINGS:

OL Mike Pollak

Moves to his natural positon at center with Saturday probably retiring.

DL Jamaal Anderson

I think he would thrive at 3-4 DE.

TE Jacob Tamme

With Clark gone, Tamme is the primary receiving TE.

LB Philip Wheeler

I think Wheeler would be good at 3-4 OLB, and he could play nickel as well.

QB Dan Orlovsky

Not a starter, but proved to be a capable backup. Will back up Andrew Luck.

TRADES:

Dwight Freeney is traded to a DE needy team – and there are plenty of them! Bills, Dolphins, Titans, Jaguars, Browns all need 4-3 DE. If 3-4 teams is interested, Jets, Cardinals and Chargers need a pass rusher too. Dwight could probably haul in something like a mid 2nd to 3rd round pick. I’m gonna send him to Buffalo for their 3rd round pick (#10) in this mock.

FREE AGENCY:

DL Cory Redding

Knows Pagano, knows Paganos system, tremendous against the run, good inside pass rusher. The Colts need interior defensive linemen.

OLB Jarret Johnson

Same story as Redding. Johnson isn’t a good pass rusher, but is a beast against the run. Johnson would be solid for a year or two at left OLB with Robert Mathis moving to the right side OLB. Mathis, Hughes, Wheeler and Johnson would be a good rotation at OLB – of course with Mathis as the primary pass rusher in a Terrell Suggs-role.

S Haruki Nakamua

I know, another Raven. But all these Ravens players just makes too much sense. Colts has gaping holes at most positions, and Nakamura fills the one at SS.

Dream signing: LB Dan Connor

But I don’t believe it will happen. Would love to pair him with Angerer. Kavell Conner would provide a great rotation. Connor can play nickel too, Conner can’t at the moment.

DRAFT

Not including potential compensation picks.

1: Andrew Luck, QB – Stanford

No brainer. New regime, new era, new quarterback. Best player available… in many, many years.

2: Stephon Gilmore, CB – South Carolina

Colts need to improve the secondary and find a CB-partner to Powers. Gilmore is on the rise though, but if he is available here, he would be great pick! He’s good in coverage and sure, hard hitting tackler. I don’t believe DT Fletcher Cox makes it here, otherwise he would be a fantastisk pick too. OG Kevin Zeitler would be solid as well. Coby Fleener is another good option.

3: Nick Toon, WR – Wisconsin

Best receiver at this point and could be a bit of a steal. This draft is very deep at WR, but Toon presents very good value at this pick.

3 (From Bills): Brandon Washington, OG – Miami

(Colts desperately needs help at the interior offensive line. Washington is a great guard prospect, where he excelled before being moved to left tackle.

4: Josh Chapman, DT – Alabama

The nose tackle in the new 3-4 based defense. Chapman is by no means a pass rusher, but eats up blocks and holds his own against double teams. Is a run defender only. I think he could be available at the top of the round.

5: Greg Childs, WR – Arkansas

An injury has set Childs back, but he is definitely worth taking a shot on at this point in the draft)

6: Omar Bolden, CB – Arizona State

An ACL injury in 2011, and that being his second significant knee injury, means Bolden drops a long way. He has potential to so much more, but you can afford to gamble with Bolden and medical concerns here, as his potential makes it a high reward, low risk pick.

7: Lonnie Edwards, OG – Texas Tech

Can’t have enough depth at the line, and the Colts don’t really have any at the moment.

UFA: Griff Whalen, WR – Stanford

He was Stanfords leading receiver and Luck’s favorite target at Stanford. Why not pair them again?

Not a big fan of your draft picks. Mine would look like this...

1st- Andrew Luck

2nd- Coby Fleener

3rd- Alameda Ta'amu

3rd(via trade)- CB/KR Jayron Hosley

4th- WR Joe Adams

5th- SS Tavon Wilson

Not a big fan of your draft picks. Mine would look like this...

1st- Andrew Luck

2nd- Coby Fleener

3rd- Alameda Ta'amu

3rd(via trade)- CB/KR Jayron Hosley

4th- WR Joe Adams

5th- SS Tavon Wilson

Well, you are basically filling the same needs, mate :) .

But not taking a single offensive lineman? Want Luck turning into David Carr?

I'm not drafting a safety with the FA signing of Haruki Nakamura.

I will be so mad if we get a safety from the Ravens not named Zbikowski but overall not a bad draft. I don't really like Gilmore all that much but I really like the Childs pick especially since we grabbed Toon before him.

yes.. I like this a lot. As long as we get a SS in there somewhere, we are in good shape. I love the Gilmore pick at #34. That guy is a ball-hawk. Great mock.