Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Antonio Brown to the Bills.

2 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

How did you get "best" friends from that one minute interview?

They're friends now, but they didn't even talk for 10 years.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/14179705/antonio-brown-ty-hilton-unlikely-bond

9 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

How did you get "best" friends from that one minute interview?

They're friends now, but they didn't even talk for 10 years.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/14179705/antonio-brown-ty-hilton-unlikely-bond

Best is probably not the right term...but the dude's grew up together and are friends. 

1 hour ago, ztboiler said:

Whether you are the monster or created the monster...there’s enough fault to go around 

I think that's my problem with this whole situation. There is major lack of accountability and humility from Brown and therefore it makes it hard for me to point the finger(s) in another direction.

Just now, BleedBlu8792 said:

I think that's my problem with this whole situation. There is major lack of accountability and humility from Brown and therefore it makes it hard for me to point the finger(s) in another direction.

Not saying you are wrong...and I take up no cause for AB...but do we really know that much about the whole story aside from the player's public actions and statements?

I do not want AB on any team that I am a fan of...but the body of evidence suggests that the management/coaching dynamic in Pittsburgh has failed here as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finball said:

Brown received big signing bonus from the Steelers and if he retired, Steelers would be eligible to get back most of it.

He doesn’t have to retire to get his way.   He just has to be difficult enough to scare teams away.    It’s now worked once.    

Im not defending him.   Just explaining  how he can pull this off.   

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ztboiler said:

Not saying you are wrong...and I take up no cause for AB...but do we really know that much about the whole story aside from the player's public actions and statements?

I do not want AB on any team that I am a fan of...but the body of evidence suggests that the management/coaching dynamic in Pittsburgh has failed here as well.

I completely agree that the team/management/coaching is at fault as well, to some degree, however at least they've kept everything in house, for the most part. AB has done and said about everything he shouldn't have. His agent and publicist, if he has one, should be telling him to relax and choose his words more carefully. 

I just can't see how if you're an owner/GM you even consider bringing this guy in. 

The Steelers have no leverage. Because brown can just say no to kill the deal. I don’t see how they are going to get anything for him. They are going to have to cut him unless a good team steps up and they give him away for like a 7th rounder. I find it interesting all the teams I interested were bad. Plus Tyreek Hill is about to get a record breaking contract somewhere around 18 to 20 million. Who is going to sign brown for that.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

He doesn’t have to retire to get his way.   He just has to be difficult enough to scare teams away.    It’s now worked once.    

Im not defending him.   Just explaining  how he can pull this off.   

That I agree with, was just responding to the part that Steelers can't get cap relief if he retired. However, the exact amount would be decided by a neutral arbitrator, not NFL.

• Like 1