Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Antonio Brown to the Bills.

7 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

I didnt see this one coming at all. Looks like the Steelers gave AB a big kick in his rear out the door to the Bills. 

The Steelers play the Bills next season. I suspect he will be looking to repay that kick. They might find out the hard way what it's like to play against AB instead of with him.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Well, I will admit that at first, I thought getting AB would be good for any team that got him.  But with all the recent drama, I was definitely wrong.  He is going to be a distraction to any (if any) team that signs him.

he's already signed.  This is a trade situation...

This guy's looking like more of a * each day. I don't wanna be in Pitt, ok have fun in Buffalo, nope don't want to play there either.

In the end you can clearly see he's all about him and he's basically going the disgruntled NBA player route, I'm not playing, trade me, but to a team I approve of.

He's lucky he's made enough $$ to act like this.

1 hour ago, IinD said:

This guy's looking like more of a * each day. I don't wanna be in Pitt, ok have fun in Buffalo, nope don't want to play there either.

In the end you can clearly see he's all about him and he's basically going the disgruntled NBA player route, I'm not playing, trade me, but to a team I approve of.

He's lucky he's made enough $$ to act like this.

I get the tendency to pile on.  AB is easy to vilify...but this isn’t very balanced.  

An all-pro accustomed to playoff football who doesn’t want to play in Buffalo is not further evidence of his character deficiencies.

4 minutes ago, ztboiler said:

I get the tendency to pile on.  AB is easy to vilify...but this isn’t very balanced.  

An all-pro accustomed to playoff football who doesn’t want to play in Buffalo is not further evidence of his character deficiencies.

I think he should have thought about that before he started getting un-professional about his situation. 

Also, how does he have ANY say in where Pittsburgh wants to ship him off to? I guess he could retire, but I think the league should look to alleviate some of the dead cap hit Pittsburgh would consume if he were to retire, especially in this situation. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ztboiler said:

It is when you say 'this place sucks I don't want to be here'. Don't + about where you end up if you wanted to leave so badly.

It's like a child crying I don't want to eat this, then crying when you give them something else. 

It's either Pittsburgh or don't complain if you end up in Siberia. 

Call me crazy but if AB continues to put Pitt in a position to lower the asking price, if I’m the Colts I’m ready to deal. If Tyrell Williams is projecting in the 12-13 million range in free agency, I’m willing to pay 4-5 million more to make AB happy to play for the Colts. 

3 minutes ago, tdblue17 said:

Call me crazy but if AB continues to put Pitt in a position to lower the asking price, if I’m the Colts I’m ready to deal. If Tyrell Williams is projecting in the 12-13 million range in free agency, I’m willing to pay 4-5 million more to make AB happy to play for the Colts. 

Only if he gets Brian Decker's full approval first...

37 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I think he should have thought about that before he started getting un-professional about his situation. 

Also, how does he have ANY say in where Pittsburgh wants to ship him off to? I guess he could retire, but I think the league should look to alleviate some of the dead cap hit Pittsburgh would consume if he were to retire, especially in this situation. 

Brown has say because he can tell the team trading for him that he doesn’t want to be there.   What team wants to trade a high pick and jay a large salary to someone who doesn’t want to be there?   That’s why the Buffalo deal crapped out.

Also, the NFL would never help some  team — any team — with salary cap relief.   Everyone operates on a buyer beware policy.   The other 31 teams would go nuts.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tdblue17 said:

Yeah, his base is like 12.6 Mil next year, and if the options are Tyrell for around 10 mil or A freakin' B for 12...yeah, give me one of the best WRs in the league, that just happens to be best friends w/ our stud WR TY Hilton. 

Andrew Luck would help AB lead the league in most statistical categories. Idc what anyone says, Luck is 5x the QB that Ben is.

42 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Brown has say because he can tell the team trading for him that he doesn’t want to be there.   What team wants to trade a high pick and jay a large salary to someone who doesn’t want to be there?   That’s why the Buffalo deal crapped out.

Also, the NFL would never help some  team — any team — with salary cap relief.   Everyone operates on a buyer beware policy.   The other 31 teams would go nuts.

I actually feel bad for Pittsburgh in this situation. To be honest, I wouldn't trade him. I would eat the money, and tell him to go kick rocks in traffic.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I actually feel bad for Pittsburgh in this situation. To be honest, I wouldn't trade him. I would eat the money, and tell him to go kick rocks in traffic.

Whether you are the monster or created the monster...there’s enough fault to go around 

2 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Yup.    I’m with ya.   I’m a fan of Browns talent and skill set (hey, who isn’t?). But this personality and attitude are just way too much for me.  

This is a nightmare for Pittsburgh. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tdblue17 said:

You're crazy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Yeah, his base is like 12.6 Mil next year, and if the options are Tyrell for around 10 mil or A freakin' B for 12...yeah, give me one of the best WRs in the league, that just happens to be best friends w/ our stud WR TY Hilton. 

Andrew Luck would help AB lead the league in most statistical categories. Idc what anyone says, Luck is 5x the QB that Ben is.

So what Ballard values in a player means zero to you?

It don't matter to you the negative impact it would have on the Colts locker room?

At this point I don't know how anybody could want the guy here or think Ballard would go after him. There's being a diva but Brown just seems like a head case. He's the perfect example of a guy who could singe handedly ruin a team's chemistry. At the very least, he's a ginormous distraction.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Brown received big signing bonus from the Steelers and if he retired, Steelers would be eligible to get back most of it.

• Like 1