Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cain comeback video

CR91

This alleviates some concern I had.  I didn’t think he would be back for the start of the season and I figured they may even use the ir on him and have him come in mid season but if they are pumping out his progress they must be confident.  

Its a good sign 

14 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

This alleviates some concern I had.  I didn’t think he would be back for the start of the season and I figured they may even use the ir on him and have him come in mid season but if they are pumping out his progress they must be confident.  

Its a good sign 

I assume you mean place him on PUP which they may depending on his progress and game level conditioning.

7 hours ago, Shepman said:

I assume you mean place him on PUP which they may depending on his progress and game level conditioning.

The ir that you can bring them back mid season.  I think, not sure though, most acls are over a year for full recovery.   9 months before you can play again but full speed takes another 6 months or something.  

I assume the video means he’s on pace to recover faster than the norm 

4 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

A lot of fans have Cain already penciled in as a starter in 2019 which is ridiculous.

Not really.  People have high hopes....nothing wrong with that.

7 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

Its a good sign 

He was injured before the season even started.

41 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

The ir that you can bring them back mid season.  I think, not sure though, most acls are over a year for full recovery.   9 months before you can play again but full speed takes another 6 months or something.  

I assume the video means he’s on pace to recover faster than the norm 

From a progression you place the player on PUP which I believe gives them 6 weeks before they have to move active roster or IR.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BOTT said:

Not really.  People have high hopes....nothing wrong with that.

He was injured before the season even started.

Please don’t use facts to defeat my position. 

Seriously though, my only point is that I hope they don’t rush him back.   With ACL injuries I always think of Jerry Rice coming back within the season and blowing his knee out again in that playoff game.   It does seem like medicine has come along way since then though.

10 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

Smart move to try and make us forget about still needing WR’s either in FA or the draft. ;)

True.  Ain't going to work though.  lol

Seriously, I'm excited to see what Cain can do for us when healthy.  I think he has potential to be an impact player.  Still the Colts will need to augment the receiving corps regardless because we can't put all our eggs in the Cain basket.  It usually takes at least 2 years to come back fully from an ACL injury.   WR may not be our number one need this off season but it's still an important one.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Shepman said:

3 hours ago, Shepman said:

From a progression you place the player on PUP which I believe gives them 6 weeks before they have to move active roster or IR.

A player must be placed on Active PUP list before training camp and stay on it all preseason to even be eligible for the Reserve PUP (regular season).

• Thanks 1

On 3/8/2019 at 3:32 AM, DarkSuperman said:

A lot of fans have Cain already penciled in as a starter in 2019 which is ridiculous.

I get what you're saying and I am/was in the same mindset as you.Untested rookie, has actually done anything....   But he really doesn't have much competition for the #2 right now.  Inman is an alright receiver, (I like him a lot) and would make for a good #3 and backup #2. So unless we get someone in the draft of FA   Then he probably is the #2.

5 hours ago, DerekDiggler said:

I get what you're saying and I am/was in the same mindset as you.Untested rookie, has actually done anything....   But he really doesn't have much competition for the #2 right now.  Inman is an alright receiver, (I like him a lot) and would make for a good #3 and backup #2. So unless we get someone in the draft of FA   Then he probably is the #2.

Nope. He will have to earn that. Right now not having played one down in the nfl and having that injury there is no way of knowing if he can even play.

On 3/7/2019 at 11:50 PM, Fluke_33 said:

Its a good sign 

I hope he can come in a have a great season and be the threat some of us thought we were getting before the injury.

• Like 1