Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos will trade Case Keenum to Redskins

1 minute ago, RNGDShobby said:

Nothing wrong with that. Could be worth extending to avoid the low round compensatory pick we'll end up with if he leaves.

Nothing wrong with JB returning at all. A good locker room guy. 

We won’t know until next year, if he stays or goes.  

40 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Looking more like JB will be back in Indy in 2019. 

Dang it. This upsets me a lot. We should have traded him during the seasons for 5 1st round picks, 12 2nd round picks. And 30 3rd round picks. Now we’ll get nothing for him

:sarcasm:

• Like 1

Well, it does change things somewhat. Brissett's market has shrunk, though it isn't dead. If the guy stays with the Colts for another year, it certainly isn't the worst thing in the world. But it will mean the Colts have to decide whether to invest in a rookie to groom as Brissett's successor now or wait and sign a vet next off season. I really don't think they can grab a rookie in the 2020 draft  to throw him into the mix as Luck's backup. That is flirting with disaster.

I'm guessing Brissett stays put, goes FA in 2020, and the Colts get a nice comp pick out of it. They will then sign a competent vet as Luck's backup. Not the worst outcome. 

44 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Dang it. This upsets me a lot. We should have traded him during the seasons for 5 1st round picks, 12 2nd round picks. And 30 3rd round picks. Now we’ll get nothing for him

:sarcasm:

Thank god you had the emoji at the bottom. You had me.

33 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Well, it does change things somewhat. Brissett's market has shrunk, though it isn't dead. If the guy stays with the Colts for another year, it certainly isn't the worst thing in the world. But it will mean the Colts have to decide whether to invest in a rookie to groom as Brissett's successor now or wait and sign a vet next off season. I really don't think they can grab a rookie in the 2020 draft  to throw him into the mix as Luck's backup. That is flirting with disaster.

I'm guessing Brissett stays put, goes FA in 2020, and the Colts get a nice comp pick out of it. They will then sign a competent vet as Luck's backup. Not the worst outcome. 

His market value was probably higher on this forum, not the league. 

Regardles, glad he’s most likely staying. Which I kinda figured.

• Like 2