Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

D'Qwell Jackson on Cowherd: Luck, Deflategate, Brown and more

JPFolks

I was watching Colin Cowherd today and he had former Colts/Browns Lineback D'Qwell Jackson who talked a lot about the Colts, Andrew Luck and a story I hadn't heard about Deflategate.  He also talked about Antonio Brown and some other stuff.  I found his comments on Andrew Luck VERY interesting, especially at the end of that discussion when he made the most interesting takeaway comment.  He said Luck was too humble and he needed them to bring in a tough guy who wouldn't be afraid to speak up, call people out, but who would be a leader as well.  Sounds a LOT like a certain OG on the team, but he doesn't name him but both he and Cowherd seemed to know who he was talking about.  Hope you enjoy.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JPFolks said:

I was watching Colin Cowherd today and he had former Colts/Browns Lineback D'Qwell Jackson who talked a lot about the Colts, Andrew Luck and a story I hadn't heard about Deflategate.  He also talked about Antonio Brown and some other stuff.  I found his comments on Andrew Luck VERY interesting, especially at the end of that discussion when he made the most interesting takeaway comment.  He said Luck was too humble and he needed them to bring in a tough guy who wouldn't be afraid to speak up, call people out, but who would be a leader as well.  Sounds a LOT like a certain OG on the team, but he doesn't name him but both he and Cowherd seemed to know who he was talking about.  Hope you enjoy.  

god, i love watching that pic over and over

Quenton Nelson is Andrew’s alter-ego? Well okay. 

Andrew to a WR: “My fault buddy, not good enough.”

*Big Q comes running up after.*

Big Q: “My grandma could have caught that ball. Step your ** game up.” 

It’s an interesting take. 

Btw, that video didn’t work for me. It kept stopping. Here’s another just in case anyone else has the same problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 18to87 said:

For those of us at work, what did he say about Deflategate?

Not much, really.

It was more about it being his first big play in his first playoff game, and he wanted the ball for as a trophy. He never mentioned to anyone that he felt the ball was deflated, and didn't find out about it until he got in his limo going home.

What I don't get is, if he didn't know about it until he got home, what happened at the start of the second half? Wasn't there a long delay to starting the second half? A warning of benches sort of thing?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Not much, really.

It was more about it being his first big play in his first playoff game, and he wanted the ball for as a trophy. He never mentioned to anyone that he felt the ball was deflated, and didn't find out about it until he got in his limo going home.

What I don't get is, if he didn't know about it until he got home, what happened at the start of the second half? Wasn't there a long delay to starting the second half? A warning of benches sort of thing?

I think DQ knew but he's playing sly in this interview. He doesn't want any negative attention stuck on his name. I bet everyone knew on the sidelines during the 2nd half.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, CamMo said:

Quenton Nelson is Andrew’s alter-ego? Well okay. 

Andrew to a WR: “My fault buddy, not good enough.”

*Big Q comes running up after.*

Big Q: “My grandma could have caught that ball. Step your ** game up.” 

It’s an interesting take. 

Btw, that video didn’t work for me. It kept stopping. Here’s another just in case anyone else has the same problem.

Now I am thinking of the Key & Peele sketch about Luther Obama's  anger translator with Luck in Obama Position and Nelson in Luther role ahah

You can see his fingers sink deeply into the football. The pats cheated again. Brady smashes his phone. It is despicable organization starting from the top.  They keep getting in controversy and everyone knows there will be a next time. Cheaters that get away with things keep cheating. They are the Raiders east and have well surpassed the Raiders. The company I work with is a national company and we have meetings every year and you get to know people from other regions well I stay in contact with a bunch of people from the northeast they they never admit anything they just bloviate about the superbowl wins. Even with Kraft. He is old and his wife dies a few year ago so whats the big deal. It all about the culture. Good night everyone. Go Hoosiers 

• Like 4

On 3/8/2019 at 12:09 AM, DarkSuperman said:

Colin said the Colts were a well ran organization in 2015. Does he not remember Grigson/Pagano?

Compared to the Browns at that time, just about every team was a well ran organization.  We were winning games and going to the playoffs, etc..... but yea, I found that a little odd since there has been a lot of negative stuff said about Grigson since he left the organization.

1 hour ago, CurBeatElite said:

Compared to the Browns at that time, just about every team was a well ran organization.  We were winning games and going to the playoffs, etc..... but yea, I found that a little odd since there has been a lot of negative stuff said about Grigson since he left the organization.

90% of the bad stuff said about Grigson was in this forum.

Grigson didn't have any problem finding another job when leaving the Colts. It's only after the places who hired him learned it was a mistake.

On 3/9/2019 at 8:40 PM, crazycolt1 said:

90% of the bad stuff said about Grigson was in this forum.

Grigson didn't have any problem finding another job when leaving the Colts. It's only after the places who hired him learned it was a mistake.

98% of Grigson being a * came from Pat McAffee and roughly 1% of it came from Reggie Wayne after their retirements. Maybe 0.5% came from this forum.

98% of Grigson being a * came from Pat McAffee and roughly 1% of it came from Reggie Wayne after their retirements. Maybe 0.5% came from this forum.

:scratch:- Even today whenever Grigson name comes up this forum becomes vicious. 

So no, that is not correct.

16 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

:scratch:- Even today whenever Grigson name comes up this forum becomes vicious. 

So no, that is not correct.

And the main reason why anyone on this forum has any idea how bad Grigs was is because McAfee, Wayne and at one point while he was still on the squad Frank Gore bashed him in public.

4 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

And the main reason why anyone on this forum has any idea how bad Grigs was is because McAfee, Wayne and at one point while he was still on the squad Frank Gore bashed him in public.

You don't think it has anything to do with Drafting and FA acquisition?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

You don't think it has anything to do with Drafting and FA acquisition?

Oh, certainly he had a bad track record here in Indy as a GM.  He failed frequently to land solid  players in the draft and often overspent for underachieving players in FA. 

In terms of the negative things about Grigson as a person, that came to the surface because players (or former players), began to speak about how toxic of an environment he created (to go along with his inability to produce as a GM).

• Like 1

Oh, certainly he had a bad track record here in Indy as a GM.  He failed frequently to land solid  players in the draft and often overspent for underachieving players in FA. 

In terms of the negative things about Grigson as a person, that came to the surface because players (or former players), began to speak about how toxic of an environment he created (to go along with his inability to produce as a GM).

It was reported and surfaced there was a riff between Pagano and Grigson long before a player said a word publically.

The riff between Grigson and McAfee was a long stewing issue from day 1 of Grigson's term. He never wanted to pay a kicker big money and didn't like McAfee on a personal level. Maybe a pre judge of what most everyone thought of Pat after his canal arrest.

Now McAfree has made a lot of money and got a lot attention over his over dramatization of his time as a Colt.