Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dacoltsboi

Hypothetical Mega Trade

Would you guys consider trading Luck to the raiders for Carr and two first round picks?

Sometimes I wonder how people continue to stay alive. It’s truly a mystery to me. 

21 minutes ago, Dacoltsboi said:

Would you guys consider trading Luck to the raiders for Carr and two first round picks?

No.

A year ago I considered the Cleveland offer of two 1’s and two 2’s.

They we’re picks 1,4, 33, and 35.

Nuw the Colts picks we already had and the Vokts would’ve had SEVEN of the top 37 picks.   8 if the top 49 and 9 of the top 67 before the draft even started.

Nice.   

But it all all turned out well in the end.

Would have to be 4 first rounders...to have a shot at the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes...

39 minutes ago, Dacoltsboi said:

Should have asked this two years ago, when Carr was lighting us up and headed toward the Super Bowl...  prior to Trent Cole derailing things.

23 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No.

A year ago I considered the Cleveland offer of two 1’s and two 2’s.

They we’re picks 1,4, 33, and 35.

Nuw the Colts picks we already had and the Vokts would’ve had SEVEN of the top 37 picks.   8 if the top 49 and 9 of the top 67 before the draft even started.

Nice.   

But it all all turned out well in the end.

Even after seeing how this season played out, if that offer was actually on the table, I'm not sure I could have turned it down. Especially with two potential generational talents in the top five like Barkley and Nelson.

Also, could you imagine how much your asking price jumps up to for one of those picks? You hold a monopoly in the top five, any team wanting a QB is going to have to pay at that point. 

I love Andrew to death, but man oh man, that's a hard business decision to have to make.

Back to OP though. For Carr and two first rounders? Not a chance 

1 hour ago, Dacoltsboi said:

Sir, you are NOT supposed to drink the bong water...

So we would wait until he is back to 100% and kicking a and taking names to trade him away? Negative, just the thought might give me nightmares tonight

U would b basically b trading him for 2  1st round picks.  Carr has hit his ceiling and regressing. I truly believe the rumblings that Gruden would like to move on from Carr

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

U would b basically b trading him for 2  1st round picks.  Carr has hit his ceiling and regressing. I truly believe the rumblings that Gruden would like to move on from Carr

Gruden moves on from every QB he touches. He is still looking for that Joe Montana.

Then trade Carr for a 1st and 2nd and we’d have three 1st and three 2nd and no proven QB.  Then trade a 3rd or 4th for Rosen.  Am I getting ahead of myself?  Now where was I, oh yes is there a BOGO sale on kumquats? Oh well I guess I outlived my usefulness! Lol! The usefulness that I never had.

Ok joking on the trading Carr for a 1st and 2nd but are you willing to trade a franchise QB for a good/decent QB and two 1st?

this so stupid i wanna here your reason why the colts should 

Thank you OP, I needed a good laugh...long week so far.

This reminds me of last year when I jumped on the Browns forum and they were debating if their team should offer a 3rd for Luck...and some of them thought it was actually viable.

Good thing the original poster, only averages about a post a year. Dude, knows how to stir the pot on here.

2 hours ago, Dacoltsboi said:

Put down the bottle, you've had enough.

3 hours ago, Dacoltsboi said:

Nope

Id trade Luck for Peyton Manning year 2005, and then every team's first round draft pick from here through 2030

This dude has a whopping 9 posts on this forum...gotta be here to purposely stir things up. Probably not even a colts fan.