Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts in "strong pursuit" of Tyrell Williams

51 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Hahaha!  NO ONE in the World could believe we are fine. The Coaches are NEVER satisfied. Nor the fans. 
 You must be ignoring that i SAID we could still have one of the better passing attacks with the guys we have. With the running game, TY, the TE's, Hines, and the Time Andrew gets, he will Kill most D's with one or two Brady like receivers.
 I posted we NEED ANOTHER DEEP THREAT. Can you read THAT!

I just showed you that 6 of the top ten offenses DON"T HAVE  a "STUD" #2.
 How in the ____ the Colts at 5 in offense doesn't prove the numbers and productivity were good, get a GRIP.
 Of course now he only needs to be "Legit". 
 I have posted if Tyrel Williams can get about 1,000 yards and 8 touchdowns he will be worth what we are willing to pay. And i think he can do that.  But unless TY misses a lot of play, it will be very difficult because Frank already has so many weapons. Maybe he would be worth some of the pricey Million$ to run a lot of go routes to occupy safeties/stretch the D.

I know i haven't discounted the eye of our Stud GM and his staff, nor Frank or his Teaching staff like some seem to. They have a PLAN.

LOL. You haven't showed me anything that 6 of the top 10 Os don't have a legit WR #2. Let's first define "Legit WR #2". I think most would agree at min, they should be top 64 (32 teams x 2) in yards per game (out of WRs). I think that's a good logical starting point. 

Below are the top 10 passing Os, and shows the rank of WRs and other TE/RB receivers within the top 64. Note that only two teams have only one WR in the top 64. Indy, which their next best WR didn't even crack 500 yards (and was outside of the top 100), and LAC who at least had two additional WRs right outside the top 64 whom both cracked 650+.

Several of these teams have two WRs in the top 32, and some that have 3 or 4 in the top 64. Then add in the TEs and RBs that are ranked catchers.  

TB 3, 30, 43, 50 + (35 TE)

KC 4, 48 + (13 TE)

PIT 7, 10, 

ATL 1, 46, 49, 

LAR 16, 17. 26, 

IND 6 + (59 TE)

PHI 19, 29, 61, + (21 TE),

NE 25, 28 + (44 TE and 58 RB)

GB 5, 32, 

LAC 18, (note LAC have 2 650+ yard WRs just outside the top 65 M. Williams / T. Williams)

Spin it however you want, but you can't logically deny this data. Luck had to work twice as hard as he should have spreading the ball around like he did last year. We won't be "just fine" without a legit #2.