Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What free agents would you like to sign.

4 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Re-sign Desir

Preston Smith 

Landon Collins

Adam Humphries

Adrian Philips (if Collins goes elsewhere)

I think that would be a great FA haul that wouldn't put too huge a dent in the surplus cap space.

That surplus cap space you are talking about will be used next season signing our own players who's contracts will be up.  Just because we have a lot of money does not mean a huge part of it will not be needed.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

That surplus cap space you are talking about will be used next season signing our own players who's contracts will be up.  Just because we have a lot of money does not mean a huge part of it will not be needed.

Yep, which is why I said those 4 signings would still leave us with plenty left over to do so.

Preston Smith - DE - there is untapped pass rushing ability in there PLUS he plays the run well.

Tyrell Williams - WR - Fills the number 2 easily and can be the Harrison to Wayne to T.Y. transition as the number 1.

Darius Philon - DT - Adds depth to the 5-Tech with Grover Stewart and Hunt.

Adrian Amos - S - Pairing him with Hooker, Odum (who played well down the stretch) and Farley that would be solid.

Re-Sign Geathers (strong leader and hoping he may be past the injury bug) and plug him in with Hooker, Amos, Odum and Farley would be great starters and depth.

Re-Sign Desir - he came into his own as a Colt and finally lived up to his draft profile. Keeps our depth intact before adding in the draft.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don’t see us signing more than one “Tier 1 free agent,” but I do think Landon Collins is that guy. 

Tier 1:

Landon Collins S

Tier 2:

Ezekial Ansah DE

Devin Funchess WR

Bryce Callahan(if Desir walks) CB

Tier 3:

Rodney Gunter DT

Brandon Marshall ILB

Landon Collins, Preston Smith & Tyrelle Williams.  I've been on the last two all off season, but I wasn't sure Collins would be cut loose.  I know they are "talking" to our SS, but he is too injury prone to be more than depth and Collins stepping in to start with Geathers as depth would be awesome.  3 terrific safeties would be a luxury and I have always liked Farley as well.  

But does anyone think we'd resign Geathers AND go out and sign Collins?  If we do sign Geathers and not Collins or any other safety FA, we need to use a big pick to bring in a top rookie S. 

12 hours ago, MPStack said:

C. Beasley WR

Mike Davis  RB

Ndamukong Suh  NT

Za'Darius Smith EDGE

Bashaud Breeland  

Adrian Amos  

I like the list, Its a bit long, but think Suh shouldnt be on it (He doesnt seem to be the locker room guy CB covets)

I need to watch more on Amos, we need an upgrade at SS

4 hours ago, JPFolks said:

But does anyone think we'd resign Geathers AND go out and sign Collins?  If we do sign Geathers and not Collins or any other safety FA, we need to use a big pick to bring in a top rookie S. 

We played 3 safeties a few times last year

Geathers will be cheap

Collins wont be

Get them both, injuries occur

• Thanks 1

Players I think Ballard should consider: 

WR 

Adam Humphries 

Tyrell Williams 

Jamison Crowder 

EDGE 

Za'Darrius Smith 

Preston Smith 

Trey Flowers 

Dante Fowler Jr. 

LB 

C.J. Mosely 

Damien Wilson

Jordan Hicks 

Landon Collins 

Tyrann Mathieu 

Realistically I would prioritize getting Humphries and Collins or Flowers.  If we get Collins but not Flowers, I would go after Fowler or Z. Smith.  

20 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

We played 3 safeties a few times last year

Geathers will be cheap

Collins wont be

Get them both, injuries occur

Yeah, if you're right and Geathers is cheap, then I'd be disappointed if they didn't go after Collins. 

I think this year is soooo much different than last year where Ballard admitted some FA's turned them down.  Luck, a proven coach and the upwards direction of this team should mean that ANY FA we got after we should get, unless they are more worried about geography than football. in which case we likely wouldn't bother with them in the first place. 

As an aside, these athletes who just "must" live in LA etc. are a joke and I include Lebron in that.  He looks like he doesn't care about basketball this year, he only cared about LA and his "other" careers where he can throw his fame and power and money around.  And he'll have that culture eating out of his hands no  matter what he produces, it's a good laugh watching them fawn over and it won't matter if his side projects are any good or not, they'll all line up to buy what he's selling.  Football players who wouldn't want to come to Indy or any other NFL city because of location aren't worth pursuing.  Their eyes are on everything outside of football.   

So if we want someone, we are GETTING them.  So the fun will be seeing who Ballard WANTS.  Let's hope he's at least a little bit in a shopping mood to get a high profile dominant and young player to add to our other young dominant players.  

One of either Mosely or Landon Collins.

Couple 2nd tier fill ins (Gaethers, Breeland, Jamison Crowder, TJ Yeldon)

I think Mosely or Collins would bring more of that young leadership to the defense that Ballard craves and would make too much sense.

I wouldnt mind seeing him take a shot or two on some 1 year contracts on players with questions like Sheldon Richardson, Suh, Kareem Jackson (age), John Brown, Jason Verrett, or Devin Funchess..

Collins

John Brown

Breeland

Sheldon Richardson

On 3/6/2019 at 8:10 AM, The Peytonator said:

Donkey Kong Suh

Justin Houston

Cameron Wake

Eric Weddle

and a few shots from the fountain of youth so we can get the 2013 version of these guys. 

The Ryan Grigson approach

On 3/5/2019 at 7:46 PM, richard pallo said:

Collins, Flowers, Bell, Mosley.

I’ll say this, there’s a lot of “Hate” on this forum for AB and Bell.

theres a rumor that bell hinted on IG that he likes KC.

if bell goes to KC, the outcome of this 2018 playoffs against KC Maybe a preview of what’s to come the next 3-4 years whenever Indy plays KC. I’m just being honest.

just like Indy beats the pats 1/5 times. BTW, Pats won’t be the problem for the next 5-7 years. KC will be the prob as Mahomes will enter his 3rd season on the league after tossing 50 TDs his second season. Give Mahomes his credit just as every Colts fans wants Andrew Luck respected as well.

stop with the hate! If Bell goes to KC = Game Over Indy. We won’t make it to the conference championship. Just being honest. Oh yea, and for those smarty pants that has a rebuttal, Their Oline schooled Indys pass rush in the playoffs. Don’t forget that!