10 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Bring me Flowers please Ballard and not the smelly kind lol

yuck

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Not a fan of Trey Flowers?

Nope. For various reasons.  One of which is that MOST FAs coming out of NE tend to not live up to their next contracts.  There are exceptions of course but the majority of the time, those players that leave NE are past their primes.

• Thanks 1

Just now, csmopar said:

Nope. For various reasons.  One of which is that MOST FAs coming out of NE tend to not live up to their next contracts.  There are exceptions of course but the majority of the time, those players that leave NE are past their primes.

Understandable for sure. Def seems to be a scheme thing. Flowers is only 27 though

We would have yo give up a comp pick is we signed him. I don’t think he is worth it.

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We would have yo give up a comp pick is we signed him. I don’t think he is worth it.

Huh?

That isnt how it works.....

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Wut?

I thought I just read he is a restricted FA. Which means a compensatory future pick. Maybe I misunderstood what I read.

Wouldn't it be funny if the Colts signed Gostkowski 

(And yes, I know AV just signed another contract)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

When I saw he was going to be able to test free agency I thought the same thing. But I doubt we could with Adam v coming back. He probably wouldn’t sign here. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

When I saw he was going to be able to test free agency I thought the same thing. But I doubt we could with Adam v coming back. He probably wouldn’t sign here. 

True, but it'd be hilarious... there are still Pats fans that are upset that AV signed with the Colts.  they'd go ballistic if Gostowski did as well.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I thought I just read he is a restricted FA. Which means a compensatory future pick. Maybe I misunderstood what I read.

restricted means the team gets right of refusal, meaning they can match any offer he gets if they want.  However, no draft picks are involved unless a tender is placed.  Which is sounds like it isnt...

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/17/indianapolis-colts-2018-free-agency-unrestricted-restricted-exclusive-rights-free-agent/

Just now, Coffeedrinker said:

True, but it'd be hilarious... there are still Pats fans that are upset that AV signed with the Colts.  they'd go ballistic if Gostowski did as well.

If we would of known that he was going to be a FA before we signed Adam V I can imagine we might of tried to get him. I have no idea how old he is. We aren’t going to keep two kickers on the roster and he wouldn’t be happy not kicking.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

restricted means the team gets right of refusal, meaning they can match any offer he gets if they want.  However, no draft picks are involved.

Well I saw a tweet earlier a team that signs him gets a future pick.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

If we would of known that he was going to be a FA before we signed Adam V I can imagine we might of tried to get him. I have no idea how old he is. We aren’t going to keep two kickers on the roster and he wouldn’t be happy not kicking.

Well I saw a tweet earlier a team that signs him gets a future pick.

see above.

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

restricted means the team gets right of refusal, meaning they can match any offer he gets if they want.  However, no draft picks are involved unless a tender is placed.  Which is sounds like it isnt...

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/17/indianapolis-colts-2018-free-agency-unrestricted-restricted-exclusive-rights-free-agent/

That makes sense. Thanks.

Now Flowers is available!  All things considered the decision by many of these teams to not franchise many of these players has turned into a great opportunity for the Colts;  Flowers, Collins, Mosley to name a couple of young difference makers who are now available.  All positions of need for the Colts.  Even a tagged ER, Ford, is available in a trade scenario.  This has worked out better than I would have thought when FA and the tag window opened.  We have plenty of money to add some of these players that could help us get to the SB this year.  It shouldn't be hard for Ballard to sell these players on the Colts.  Will he make them strong competitive offers?  That's the question. 

I'd love to see it happen. Flowers is an ascending talent IMO, and would be worth a significant contract. He plays a complete game. 

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Was thinking the same thing

6 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Understandable for sure. Def seems to be a scheme thing. Flowers is only 27 though

Even better, he's only 25.

7 hours ago, csmopar said:

Like you said there are exceptions..

If i'm not mistaken J.Sheard came from New England as a DE and has played well for the Colts.

• Like 1

I like that flower with the 5 leafs on it. 

Wait, we aren’t having the same discussion, are we?

• Haha 2

So is Flowers another Sheard or better than Sheard?

On 3/5/2019 at 3:21 PM, csmopar said:

He’s only like 25