Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

 

Bring me Flowers please Ballard and not the smelly kind lol

 

yuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

 Not a fan of Trey Flowers?

Nope. For various reasons.  One of which is that MOST FAs coming out of NE tend to not live up to their next contracts.  There are exceptions of course but the majority of the time, those players that leave NE are past their primes.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, csmopar said:

Nope. For various reasons.  One of which is that MOST FAs coming out of NE tend to not live up to their next contracts.  There are exceptions of course but the majority of the time, those players that leave NE are past their primes.

Understandable for sure. Def seems to be a scheme thing. Flowers is only 27 though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We would have yo give up a comp pick is we signed him. I don’t think he is worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We would have yo give up a comp pick is we signed him. I don’t think he is worth it.

Huh?

 

That isnt how it works.....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We would have yo give up a comp pick is we signed him. I don’t think he is worth it.

Wut?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I just read he is a restricted FA. Which means a compensatory future pick. Maybe I misunderstood what I read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't it be funny if the Colts signed Gostkowski 

 

(And yes, I know AV just signed another contract)

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Wouldn't it be funny if the Colts signed Gostkowski 

 

(And yes, I know AV just signed another contract)

When I saw he was going to be able to test free agency I thought the same thing. But I doubt we could with Adam v coming back. He probably wouldn’t sign here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

When I saw he was going to be able to test free agency I thought the same thing. But I doubt we could with Adam v coming back. He probably wouldn’t sign here. 

True, but it'd be hilarious... there are still Pats fans that are upset that AV signed with the Colts.  they'd go ballistic if Gostowski did as well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I thought I just read he is a restricted FA. Which means a compensatory future pick. Maybe I misunderstood what I read.

restricted means the team gets right of refusal, meaning they can match any offer he gets if they want.  However, no draft picks are involved unless a tender is placed.  Which is sounds like it isnt...

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/17/indianapolis-colts-2018-free-agency-unrestricted-restricted-exclusive-rights-free-agent/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Coffeedrinker said:

True, but it'd be hilarious... there are still Pats fans that are upset that AV signed with the Colts.  they'd go ballistic if Gostowski did as well.

If we would of known that he was going to be a FA before we signed Adam V I can imagine we might of tried to get him. I have no idea how old he is. We aren’t going to keep two kickers on the roster and he wouldn’t be happy not kicking.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

restricted means the team gets right of refusal, meaning they can match any offer he gets if they want.  However, no draft picks are involved.

Well I saw a tweet earlier a team that signs him gets a future pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

If we would of known that he was going to be a FA before we signed Adam V I can imagine we might of tried to get him. I have no idea how old he is. We aren’t going to keep two kickers on the roster and he wouldn’t be happy not kicking.

Well I saw a tweet earlier a team that signs him gets a future pick.

see above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

restricted means the team gets right of refusal, meaning they can match any offer he gets if they want.  However, no draft picks are involved unless a tender is placed.  Which is sounds like it isnt...

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/17/indianapolis-colts-2018-free-agency-unrestricted-restricted-exclusive-rights-free-agent/

That makes sense. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now Flowers is available!  All things considered the decision by many of these teams to not franchise many of these players has turned into a great opportunity for the Colts;  Flowers, Collins, Mosley to name a couple of young difference makers who are now available.  All positions of need for the Colts.  Even a tagged ER, Ford, is available in a trade scenario.  This has worked out better than I would have thought when FA and the tag window opened.  We have plenty of money to add some of these players that could help us get to the SB this year.  It shouldn't be hard for Ballard to sell these players on the Colts.  Will he make them strong competitive offers?  That's the question. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to see it happen. Flowers is an ascending talent IMO, and would be worth a significant contract. He plays a complete game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Wouldn't it be funny if the Colts signed Gostkowski 

 

(And yes, I know AV just signed another contract)

Was thinking the same thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Understandable for sure. Def seems to be a scheme thing. Flowers is only 27 though

Even better, he's only 25.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, csmopar said:

Nope. For various reasons.  One of which is that MOST FAs coming out of NE tend to not live up to their next contracts.  There are exceptions of course but the majority of the time, those players that leave NE are past their primes.

 

Like you said there are exceptions..

 

If i'm not mistaken J.Sheard came from New England as a DE and has played well for the Colts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that flower with the 5 leafs on it. 

 

Wait, we aren’t having the same discussion, are we?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is Flowers another Sheard or better than Sheard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2019 at 3:21 PM, csmopar said:

Nope. For various reasons.  One of which is that MOST FAs coming out of NE tend to not live up to their next contracts.  There are exceptions of course but the majority of the time, those players that leave NE are past their primes.

He’s only like 25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...