Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DT Christian Wilkins to Colts at 26

Here is the latest Bleacher Report Post Combine mock...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2823435-2019-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-post-combine-predictions#slide26

I would absolutely love landing Wilkins to man the interior of this DL, freeing up our other pass rushers and LBers. Oh, and he's a pretty decent pass rusher from the DT spot. 

I do there there is a decent chance he is there at 26. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2823435-2019-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-post-combine-predictions#slide26

I would absolutely love landing Wilkins to man the interior of this DL, freeing up our other pass rushers and LBers. Oh, and he's a pretty decent pass rusher from the DT spot. 

Yes, that is a very good pick!!

I did see that Daniel Jones was picked by the Chargers 2 picks later. I feel that either Daniel Jones or Kyler Murray might drop and a team that did not pick a QB in round 1 from among Dolphins, Giants, Redskins etc. might trade back into No.26, ahead of the Chargers, IMO, for that reason, to be able to develop a future QB and have him for the 5th year option. 

Then, we can score a future 1st, and current 2nd and 3rd and possibly a future 3rd too (knowing how Ballard can play hard ball, like with the Jets), in exchange for that team moving from their second round pick to No.26. Would any of you take that scenario, even without a future 3rd?

4 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I'd be happy if we drafted him, even though I prefer we take a DE over a DT.

That said....

I think there's only a very small chance that he's available.    Because he fits every defense.   He can be a start in a 4-3 OR A 3-4.     Most players cant.    He's attractive to all 32 teams.    Odds are one of the first 25 picks will be Wilkins. 

Very small odds for the Colts.    But we can hope.....

• Like 1