Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

15 min interview questions

I get the idea is to get the prospects to answer a question a certain way, but some of these questions are downward cartoonish;

-Would you rather be a dog or a cat

-Would you rather be super bowl champion or Super bowl MVP

-Can you hum the alphabet backwards(yes that's a real question)

-Sushi or Steak

-Favorite superpower

These days, the kids are so well prepared.  6-8 weeks at workout training centers getting ready for combine (which is why below expectations #'s register more then better than expected), and interviews guidance.  These questions by teams/GM's are those from left field that cannot be prepared for and puts the players in an unexpected predicament.  The teams gather info about the makeup of the kid via the way he reacts and then responds to these.  In a certain way, teams could not care any less about the answer/preference given in response.  It's the other cues they gauge.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

How would you feel about me if I answered-

a.  I don't know?

b. No, but I've tried.

c. I cant even hum it forward!

d. Yes, pretty good at it too.

e. Maybe, not sure.

e. Some, with more practice, I might.

f. Never tried, never will.

g. _____ _ _______ ___ ____   etc...

It's just a Q, but they look at everything.  Facial response, answer reaction time, etc...

But it is just 1 question. It has to be taken among the others in those 15 minutes.

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

How would you feel about me if I answered-

a.  I don't know?

b. No, but I've tried.

c. I cant even hum it forward!

d. Yes, pretty good at it too.

e. Maybe, not sure.

e. Some, with more practice, I might.

f. Never tried, never will.

g. _____ _ _______ ___ ____   etc...

It's just a Q, but they look at everything.  Facial response, answer reaction time, etc...

But it is just 1 question. It has to be taken among the others in those 15 minutes.

Interview me

-of course! Id do anything for the team.

Personally me

-what kind of stupid question is that? 

5 hours ago, CR91 said:

I get the idea is to get the prospects to answer a question a certain way, but some of these questions are downward cartoonish;

-Would you rather be a dog or a cat

-Would you rather be super bowl champion or Super bowl MVP

-Sushi or Steak

-Favorite superpower

Unless you have a link showing otherwise, I think there’s been a misunderstanding.

These are typically the questions in the personality profiles the players are asked to fill out.   But they are typically NOT the questions done during the 15 minute face to face interviews. 

These types of questions would be a waste of time in a 15 min interview.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Unless you have a link showing otherwise, I think there’s been a misunderstanding.

These are typically the questions in the personality profiles the players are asked to fill out.   But they are typically NOT the questions done during the 15 minute face to face interviews. 

These types of questions would be a waste of time in a 15 min interview.

There have been stories like this even this yesr. Kris Boyd was asked about his groin

14 minutes ago, CR91 said:

There have been stories like this even this yesr. Kris Boyd was asked about his groin

I saw the Kris Boyd story.   Clearly a question designed to shock him and see how he’d react.   A number of teams do that to see how a player might react to.

In the recent years, several players were asked if their mother was a prostitute.   Yank their chain questions designed to see if they’d fight easily.

Im talking about the questions YOU listed.   Do you have a link?   You got them from somewhere.    I’d like to read that story if I could.

31 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I saw the Kris Boyd story.   Clearly a question designed to shock him and see how he’d react.   A number of teams do that to see how a player might react to.

In the recent years, several players were asked if their mother was a prostitute.   Yank their chain questions designed to see if they’d fight easily.

Im talking about the questions YOU listed.   Do you have a link?   You got them from somewhere.    I’d like to read that story if I could.

Their just recollections of past stories. Indystar wrote a story about something similar if you wanna read it.

If you are driving a bus with 11 people and at the first top 6 people got off the bus, 4 people got in, then at the second stop 5 people got off the bus and 3 people got in, and at the 3rd stop, 3 people got off the bus and 2 people got in, what is the age of the driver?

:) 

15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If you are driving a bus with 11 people and at the first top 6 people got off the bus, 4 people got in, then at the second stop 5 people got off the bus and 3 people got in, and at the 3rd stop, 3 people got off the bus and 2 people got in, what is the age of the driver?

:) 

tenor.gif?itemid=6081931

27 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=6081931

The answer is your age because "you are driving". :) 

Just a trick question my 5th grade daughter asked me and it was on Brain Games, the new Netflix show that featured on National Geographic.

• Like 2